• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NEW! Persistent Alerts

Merchandise that’s just out of this world!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We have just activated a feature that was present in the previous version of our forum.

This means, if you have selected the option to alert and/or email you when a new post or thread appears, you'll receive all such posts in any thread you choose to Watch.

That is the way it has been for several years, until the forum was upgraded. With the upgrade, you had to return to the forum after getting a notice before you'd get more notices. I know, it's rather illogical, but that's the way XenForo and vBulletin and other forum systems work.

If you have a problem with too many notices, let me know and I'll make it a user option to turn it on. With Persistent Alerts off, you'll receive notices via "alien logic" per the above paragraph.

Let me know if you have questions.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
And, Push Notification is now available as an option in your member control panel (the one displaying your name or gravatar).

It is supposed to work on mobile gear, and most Macs and PCs, except, evidently, for Safari for macOS.