• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Look Forums

Well it took a loong time but I finally got my password sent to me and can log in:) Almost made a new account again lol.

Where's the view new thread link? I miss that:(

Well it took a loong time but I finally got my password sent to me and can log in:) Almost made a new account again lol.

Where's the view new thread link? I miss that:(

Check out New Posts in the navigation bar. :)

We've also added a View RSS Feed feature, and if you have the old one, it has to be replaced now.

What's RSS stand for? I've heard of it, but not sure what it is.

Really Simple Syndication. It's a way to get feeds of current/new content from our forum in a separate reader. Some browsers do it too, such as Apple's Safari, available for both Macs and PCs.

We had the feature on the old board. It just wasn't quite as visible.

Just to let you know: We're still playing with the general layout, so if font sizes change, well, it's our fault -- or may fault mostly. :)

I made some of the text labels a bit larger for clarify for we older folk.

FYI, YouTube links didn't work (showed code), then they worked, now they are back not working (code again). My problem or something else to throw on the already overcrowded plate?? Thanks for the hard work Gene.

Logging In

Had to log in twice, but I think everything is ok now.
On Wednesday morning we had a "cookie" problem that I was able to fix using a few of the tools that come with the software. So some of the login stuff is resolved. As to passwords, well, we're getting there. I think the vast majority of our regulars are back in force now.

Thanks for your patience. We have a lot more messages to deal with during this move, and we still have to do a little touch up here and there, but things are mostly in place now.

Gene, in this Freewheeling forum, couldn't you put all 'Sticky' posts into just one individual thread? It would make for a much cleaner presentation and make the forum easier to scan for new threads.

Gene, in this Freewheeling forum, couldn't you put all 'Sticky' posts into just one individual thread? It would make for a much cleaner presentation and make the forum easier to scan for new threads.

Well, that would entail combining these threads. I have another idea that will be implemented by the time you read this. :D

Gene,
How would I leave someone a private message? I don't see that option anymore.

Take a look at your Welcome message, on the right, below the logo and ads. Click on Primate Messages and you'll have the option to send one there. Or just locate a members name in our Member's List.

Gene,

What is happening with this message?
"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply."
I can't just go and start writing like usual. I'm often not really responding to a certain message, just adding to the discussion. It took me awhile to even find a button that would let me leave a message. Is there some other way to reply other than quick reply?

Also I've noticed sometimes when I visit a thread and click the arrow to read recent messages, I get taken to the first message in the thread and not the most recent.

While I'm going here, I know I've posted messages that didn't seem to make it to the forum. Has that been a problem for anyone else??

Thanks

Gene,

What is happening with this message?
"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply."
I can't just go and start writing like usual. I'm often not really responding to a certain message, just adding to the discussion. It took me awhile to even find a button that would let me leave a message. Is there some other way to reply other than quick reply?

Also I've noticed sometimes when I visit a thread and click the arrow to read recent messages, I get taken to the first message in the thread and not the most recent.

While I'm going here, I know I've posted messages that didn't seem to make it to the forum. Has that been a problem for anyone else??

Thanks
Part of the issue is that the Quick Reply feature, when turned on automatically through the software, is partly functional. If you want to quote a message in your response, you have to click on the Quick Reply icon too. I'm looking for a way to disable that requirement.

For now, I think the best compromise is just to click the Quick button (I changed it for clarity) to enable all the features.

The main advantage of Quick Reply is the speed of posting. It uses Ajax to put your message on the forums within a few seconds, without a screen refresh. Neat!

As to posting messages that don't show up: I've not heard that before. We need to look into this further. Care to tell me more?

The problem about recent messages may be a "cookies" related issue, as the software is checking what you've accessed to report something read or not. It doesn't always work.

Back