• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Look Forums

TClaeys

Skilled Investigator
I've noticed today some changes with the forum look. No problem. But the new links inserted in threads cannot be clicked on. At least the Zappa one. At least on my PC. It just shows the code for the link. Is it me or my computer or can someone tell me what is going on? Thanks.

Sorry, just read the email for these new forums.

Perhaps the link thing as well as others will be worked out soon. I did have trouble logging in, but changed passwd, etc.

Sorry, just read the email for these new forums.

Perhaps the link thing as well as others will be worked out soon. I did have trouble logging in, but changed passwd, etc.

Yes, it's going to take a little while before all of this stuff is worked out. But we've got most of the YouTube videos fixed. Some are stragglers, but.

It looked like I lost my avatar and my password was changed, but I fixed both.
I don't see where to change that "Paranormal Master" under the avatar. Maybe I forgot.

I like the new look of the forums. It's a layout that I am fimilar with and it is easy to read. Thanks for the upgrade.

Gene,
You guys are probably aware that the birthdays on the memeber list section are off. There are way too many November 30 amd January 1 birthdays. Thanks for helping me log in.

Gene,
You guys are probably aware that the birthdays on the memeber list section are off. There are way too many November 30 amd January 1 birthdays. Thanks for helping me log in.

That's an artifact of our last forum move, where a beta converter messed up the dates.

I suggest all of you check your User CP settings. We set some defaults to make it easier for you to get accustomed to the new layout, but you can change whatever you wish. There's a lot of new flexibility there. :)

This interface makes far more sense than the old one. And I can now post my replies immediately, without having to preview them first. For some reason, if I attempted to post a reply on the old system, without previewing it first, I got an error message.

This interface makes far more sense than the old one. And I can now post my replies immediately, without having to preview them first. For some reason, if I attempted to post a reply on the old system, without previewing it first, I got an error message.

Well, as much as I liked MyBB, it had some raggedness around the edges. The new 1.4 version was supposed to fix that. But the beta process is a mess, so we're sticking with that software only for our less-trafficked forums, rather than buy some more vBulletin licenses. But that could change at any time.

RSS Feed?

Apologies in advance if I have overlooked this, but what is the url to the rss feed? The old one is not updating since the change.

Gene,
My email was doing odd things or it's just me. I just now noticed your two replies before I emailed you again.

Gene,
This forum has nothing to do with my email. I was having problems logging in earlier and emailed you a few times. I didn't see your replies or the emails to my questions until later. Before that I had asked again. I was just letting you know why . As if this really matters considering all the work you are doing on the new forum.

Well done, guys. I've upgraded/migrated a few forums in my time -- much smaller user bases, mind you -- and I feel your pain.

--Shawn

Gene,
This forum has nothing to do with my email. I was having problems logging in earlier and emailed you a few times. I didn't see your replies or the emails to my questions until later. Before that I had asked again. I was just letting you know why . As if this really matters considering all the work you are doing on the new forum.

Well, that's the email, which comes from the same server, but is handled by a different mechanism, unless we send it via the forum.

Well done, guys. I've upgraded/migrated a few forums in my time -- much smaller user bases, mind you -- and I feel your pain.

--Shawn

The avatars didn't transfer, and the translation software has no mechanism for it, which is why we sent out the letter about restoring it manually.

As you know with such things, passwords are a mixed bag. Some work, some don't.

The other issue is that links to older messages in the boards will be broken, because URLs are different now. Similar, but different.

You know the drill.

In any case, readers, I always welcome further suggestions on cleaning up the remaining oddities (and maybe a little guidance from the programmers in our little group). :)

Back