• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Logo Coming?

Free versions of recent episodes:

P

pixelsmith

The paracast logo is gone. Is there a new one coming?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

the logo is back! wow... something paranormal is going on here...

twittering aliens..
alien twitter
alien in front of a computer
two talking aliens (Gene & Chris/with/hat)
a dimensional theme... 11 lines intertwining in a cool way could use circles as well..
area paracast (with bobwire accents)
colliding universes
cat in a box(schrodinger's cat)
aliens making a crop circle using boards and twine...
or just a cool corp circle
omg the ideas are endless
I guess you need to find a direction first.. is it going to be a space theme, a paranormal theme, does it need to be universal..
Good Luck!

Not that easy Gene.
Find a direction first... I think because your topics are open ended, and your audience is open to all, your logo needs to be somewhat ambiguous.
Kinda leaning towards the dimensional theme myself.. because that will encompass all the topics. If you have an idea of what you want your logo to say/represent, it would be easier to design one.

I stole some questions for the logo design that you need to consider when designing a new logo.

2- What are the long term goals of your company?

3- Why do you want a new logo? (if they already have one) What do you want your new logo to accomplish?
This question helps to understand the problem.

4- Who are your main competitors?
Having clients provide links allows you to get a better feel for their market and competition.

5- How are you different from your competitors?

6- What’s the age range of your target customer base?
Helps in creating an overall feeling and impression of the logo.
Project-related questions

7- Do you have a tag line? If so, would you like it stated along side your logo?

8- Do you have any specific imagery in mind for your logo?

9- Do you have any color preferences, or existing brand colors?

10- Do you have any colors that you do not wish to use?

11- What adjectives should best describe your logo?

12- What feeling or message do you want your logo to convey to those who view it?

13- How do you prefer your logo to be worded or written out?
Example: thedesigncubicle or the design cubicle

14- How would you like the typography to appear?
Example: script, bold, light, hand drawn, custom lettering

15- Where will you logo be used?
Example: print, web…

16- Where will your logo primarily be used?
If the primary usage is for the web, typically horizontal logos work best.

17- What’s your preferred deadline, time frame or exact date of completion?

So if you answer these questions, it would be easier for someone to work up logos that go in the correct direction.

So many questions, so little time. :)

Briefly, we're looking for a logo that expresses the varied nature of the show, and is useful for online and print mediums. It has to fit into the existing size structure (squares required for our site, iTunes, etc., but we have room to change that for the forum, etc.)fd, and a few banner shapes would help.

The competition is CoastToCoastAM, period.

As a listener to the show, I would like to think you can feel what we're about, as something of this nature must create that feeling and make sure anyone who sees the logo gets it.

Overall, I want something clear and direct. While a logo that makes you think a second or two may seem fine in the abstract world, I'm not certain how well it communicates our purpose for being.

Deadlines are yesterday; resources are non-existent, as most listeners know. :)

New posts and todays posts are playing up again, i get a search page instead of the results
Its intermittent though

Kirlian photography isn't really paranormal. I guess that would be a reason to change it. I always like the logo but never understood the connection... but maybe it is not Kirlian photography.

I had to look that up, never heard of it. Maybe it is.

One of the things that ancient people did as far as primitive artwork is concerned is to show an impression of their hand. I don't know why I've always liked this but I do. I've seen numerous petrogyphs throughout the southwest and there is always the hand present. I wonder what they were thinking at the time and if they knew if would last for hundreds of years.

To me they seem symbolic of being human. Being conscious, expressing themselves, and perhaps pondering the mysteries of life, death, and what lies inbetween. That's a lot to get out of a logo and it might not even be what was intended but that's why I like it. Just curious why it was no longer relevant I guess.

I had to look that up, never heard of it. Maybe it is.

One of the things that ancient people did as far as primitive artwork is concerned is to show an impression of their hand. I don't know why I've always liked this but I do. I've seen numerous petrogyphs throughout the southwest and there is always the hand present. I wonder what they were thinking at the time and if they knew if would last for hundreds of years.

To me they seem symbolic of being human. Being conscious, expressing themselves, and perhaps pondering the mysteries of life, death, and what lies inbetween. That's a lot to get out of a logo and it might not even be what was intended but that's why I like it. Just curious why it was no longer relevant I guess.

i agree with your hand observations... but petroglyphs are not paranormal either.

Back