• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Forum Vs. Old Forum

Forum Design: New vs. Old, Which Is Better? Yes, We Know that Changing Back is Very Difficult!

• Old Forum Format

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • New Forum Format

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
Let me take the time to bitch! And I hope people don't take this the wrong way.
I understand what Gene was trying to do when changing the forum design over from the old forum to the new forum.

I have a question! Is there still a private message function on this new design? Am I missing something but I can't seem to locate a way to simply send a private message!

I have to be honest that I wish we still had the old format, it was alot easier to navigate INHO. Don take this wrong Gene or other admins because I understand why you decided to change it over to function with Facebook.

I guess I am old school. I have been in and around forums for years.

I liked the old design better.

Thats just my opinion.

Hey lets start a poll.

A vote doesn't help. It's not really feasible to just change back to the older system. It would require weeks of work and buying new licenses. In fact, this system is much faster to navigate and display, and freer of glitches, especially as they relate to security.

As to the private message: They call them Conversations with this system. You start one through your Inbox, and you can restrict it to yourself and another recipient or allow for a group discussion with as many participants as you want. In a sense, it's like having your own private message board, and is a freer way to talk to fellow members with full privacy. That's a feature most other forum systems don't offer.

Ok well thanks Gene. Again I am not complaining about the forum in general. A forum is better than no forum I guess it will just take time to adjust to.

The new forum is not entirely bad so I appreciate your answer.

Yeah I guess a poll would not matter since its not reversible. I am not sure what I can do now that the poll is already started.
Oh Well

Still a good forum to use.

It's also more of a work-in-progress. The XenForo company has only been around, at most, a couple of years, and there are going to be many more improvements and feature additions going forward. The path to the future is really good, but I realize it takes time to become accustomed to change.

Yeah I guess a poll would not matter since its not reversible. I am not sure what I can do now that the poll is already started.
Oh Well

Still a good forum to use.
Not to worry; let's keep it going. It may pave the way to help us suggest improvements to the developers, or find add-ons to deliver extra features.

Its hard to complain when this forum is all free of charge for me to use. Of course running any radio show and forum is not cheap so the more advertisers you can get is needed to off set the cost and I dont think most people understand why advertisers are needed.

As for the radio show The Paracast gets to be recognized as one of the longest running original podcast shows one of the first.

And Gene you have been in ufology since the Aurora Texas UFO crash of 1895 so you have seen it all man. CHEERS

And I will be spending more time here now that Facebook has totally screwed up their design with a cluster F%^& timeline nonsense.

I am spending less time on Facebook now with the timeline nightmare.

I'm starting to really like this new layout. I even got a trophy today because I'm "likeable." Although I'm sure that not everyone agrees.
Now if only the moderators would do something about all the unnecessary quoting of entire posts, esp. when the original is directly overhead.

It's a matter of members realizing that it doesn't make sense. The Reply window is right below the last message. No sense quoting unless it's to another message in the thread.

Back