• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Ancient Astronaut documentary

Kieran

Paranormal Adept
I found this Documentary last night on the internet and decided to watch it, It aired on the history channel in the past week or less. Fascinating stuff for the most part. Some of you here, don't believe or give credence to the idea that perhaps ( maybe) the Ancient world was more civilised and more advanced then we are being led to believe.

That is is fine that is your opinion. But if you intelligently honest, watch this documentary, especially the parts were they discuss the building of the Pyramids and how it was done?

I personally don't accept the mainstream view of how the pyramids were build. It full of holes and laughable to be honest. Anyway here enjoy for those of you are open minded to other ideas.

I saw it the other day. It is basically a rehashing of the last "Ancient Astronauts" with a lot of the same guests and some new ones, including, dun dun dun , ... Greer. But he wasn't in it enough to make a complete fool of himself, ... too bad.

Some of it was, ughhh, hard to watch in all honesty. I almost had to turn it off at the beginning when they were talking about the flying "plane". You know the golden colored one that they made a model of and it flew. All I can say is that it looks more like a moth than a plane and when they were so astounded that the thing flew I was like, "sure it flies, it looks like some kind of flying insect or creature!!". But they never even entertained the thought that it might be an artistic version of a decorative moth. Just my opinion.

However I thought some of it was rather interesting. I am intrigued by the rock work done at Puma Punku. I would love to know how they made these embedded squares and other intricate designs. I would think it would be pretty laborious work, but I'd like to see how they actually did it.

I really don't think we were flying planes in the ancient world. There really isn't any good evidence to suggest we were. I'll entertain some of that stuff, but the evidence is weak to non-existent. I also think that the conclusion that aliens gave us technology is sort of wishy washy. We didn't live back then so we sometimes have no good clues as to how the ancients built and engineered stuff. But humans have been quite innovative when needed and this was sort of ommited from the show. Why is that aliens HAD to give us this technology again?? It just isn't persuading me. This conclusion seems to come from certain people WANTING it to be that way and is a big jump from "how did they do it" to "it had to be aliens". Sometimes I think they may just as well say "It's magic", it has the same ring.

I would also Keiran love to know exactly how the pyramids were built. We are talking probably the biggest undertaking by a society in terms of engineering that we have ever seen. But I think the best hypothesis going for building the pyramids is the "inside ramp". I can't recall the person who proposed this, but he believes pretty strongly that a ramp was built inside of the pyramid, ... AND it is still there waiting to be found. This would explain a lot. But Egyptologists are very protective over their pyramids and their own hypothesis. We could find out if there is an internal ramp if some tests could be done, but they won't let it happen, ...at least for now.

I know there were some other things in the video, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Just commenting on what I remember. I'll have to rewatch some of it to remember what else there is.

I think it's a five part series airing a new one every week. I agree on the "flying." The first time I saw the first model I thought "bird" not plane. The small ones were more interesting to me but my wife instantly said "insect." Still, it's interesting and I'll tune in to the second one. I've already recorded it just haven't gotten around to it yet. Gotta catch up on 24 and Lost first. ;)

I haven't watched the documentary yet. I wonder though if they have any mention of how they built those walls and buildings in South America?? With the huge blocks you can't put a thin blade or somesuch in between. I couldn't fathom at all how they did that ... until I ran across some accounts of tales talking of a plant that when prepared correctly could "dissolve" brick. So much so that the brick became pliant ... and so could be used almost like a putty. Putting large bricks so close together then would be a cinch. You put them together as they're re-hardening and let gravity do the rest.

There is an account of an explorer type in the 19th century who was given some of the liquid made out of this secret plant in a bottle. Unfortunately he accidently knocked it over on a rock and was amazed to see that the stone had "puttified". It had become like a clay before it re-hardened.

Fascinating stuff. An old technology forgotten by man over the centuries ... wonder how much other stuff we've forgotten over time.

Now ... onto that ancient sea port in South America thats 12000 ft above sea-level ... :D

I saw it the other day. It is basically a rehashing of the last "Ancient Astronauts" with a lot of the same guests and some new ones, including, dun dun dun , ... Greer. But he wasn't in it enough to make a complete fool of himself, ... too bad.

Some of it was, ughhh, hard to watch in all honesty. I almost had to turn it off at the beginning when they were talking about the flying "plane". You know the golden colored one that they made a model of and it flew. All I can say is that it looks more like a moth than a plane and when they were so astounded that the thing flew I was like, "sure it flies, it looks like some kind of flying insect or creature!!". But they never even entertained the thought that it might be an artistic version of a decorative moth. Just my opinion.

However I thought some of it was rather interesting. I am intrigued by the rock work done at Puma Punku. I would love to know how they made these embedded squares and other intricate designs. I would think it would be pretty laborious work, but I'd like to see how they actually did it.

I really don't think we were flying planes in the ancient world. There really isn't any good evidence to suggest we were. I'll entertain some of that stuff, but the evidence is weak to non-existent. I also think that the conclusion that aliens gave us technology is sort of wishy washy. We didn't live back then so we sometimes have no good clues as to how the ancients built and engineered stuff. But humans have been quite innovative when needed and this was sort of ommited from the show. Why is that aliens HAD to give us this technology again?? It just isn't persuading me. This conclusion seems to come from certain people WANTING it to be that way and is a big jump from "how did they do it" to "it had to be aliens". Sometimes I think they may just as well say "It's magic", it has the same ring.

I would also Keiran love to know exactly how the pyramids were built. We are talking probably the biggest undertaking by a society in terms of engineering that we have ever seen. But I think the best hypothesis going for building the pyramids is the "inside ramp". I can't recall the person who proposed this, but he believes pretty strongly that a ramp was built inside of the pyramid, ... AND it is still there waiting to be found. This would explain a lot. But Egyptologists are very protective over their pyramids and their own hypothesis. We could find out if there is an internal ramp if some tests could be done, but they won't let it happen, ...at least for now.

I know there were some other things in the video, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Just commenting on what I remember. I'll have to rewatch some of it to remember what else there is.

The wooden piece design resembles a bird to me whether it is, is another matter? The golden pieces are interesting the front part has small spirals i doubt most people would have noticed that but i did. It kind of resembles a plane, but again it not clear if that is what it, is to be honest. It could be indeed a representation of a insect or something else? We are all speculating really to get a honest or real answer. Someone would have to travel back in time, to ask the maker. What was your inspiration behind making these pieces?

There was indeed lot of wild speculation being put forward but one person however caught my eye. A man by the name of "Robert Bauval" he is an author of a book called "The Egypt Code" I know nothing of this man before this Interview, but he did strike me as being an intelligent fellow and maybe a future Paracast guest?

I honestly don't no . I have read up on that theory before( the inside ramp) i think it was theorised by a French man in the 199O'S
His name escapes me now. I'm not even sure the time-line for build is even right. I'm of the believe the evidence provided by the mainstream is not acceptable to me at least.

I think when a culture like the Egyptians doesn't claim or even acknowledge they build the Pyramids, what is up with that? The facts are the Egyptian culture recorded everything about themselves ( Wars, Battles, Every pharoah that lived, even what they eat for breakfast.

You would least or expect to see some acknowledgement of this somewhere wouldn't you think? I discussed this before on a previous thread. I think there is around 30 different reasons for me and why i don't believe the official version. But another time, when i have the time, i willl discuss this.

Puma Punku well the visual images speak for themselves. When a stone cutter of today's moden world, says he himself, would find it almost impossible or near impossible to do similar work. Even with our modern technology helping out. That tells me a whole lot about what we know about the Ancient world. I often wonder could this be evidence of lost civilisation like Atlantis speculation of course but the stone work doesn't make sense either does it.

As for craft in Ancient times flying around. Ok we haven't found components or pieces of unknown craft yet. Well at least something not officially announced to the public. But there is no doubting Ancients cultures understood the concept of designing craft( Flying vehicles) Evidence well.. "The Vedas and Vedic texts for example, i think if you get the time read up on it. I think this is solid evidence no matter what mainstream would like us to believe. Most ancient cultures have some legend or myth that talk or speak of flying machines in the Ancient past. So drawn your own conclusions from that.

that Giorgio dude looks like an alien.

I can't take Snorry this early in the morning.
National Geographic, I'm sorry, "Nat Geo", had a program on last night as well. It was primarily on how the ancients viewed and used the sky for telling time, but did bring in some elements of the ancient astronaut theories.

I found this Documentary last night on the internet and decided to watch it, It aired on the history channel in the past week or less. Fascinating stuff for the most part. Some of you here, don't believe or give credence to the idea that perhaps ( maybe) the Ancient world was more civilised and more advanced then we are being led to believe.

That is is fine that is your opinion. But if you intelligently honest, watch this documentary, especially the parts were they discuss the building of the Pyramids and how it was done?

I personally don't accept the mainstream view of how the pyramids were build. It full of holes and laughable to be honest. Anyway here enjoy for those of you are open minded to other ideas.

Do you have a specific rational and informed reason for not accepting the mainstream view of pyramid construction, or is it just a gut feeling?
After all, I don't understand how planes are built, so clearly they are constructed by extraterrestrials.
We have the graves of the builders, their brewery, detailed accounts of job titles and even medical information.
The truth is that the Egyptians were a highly gifted people who achieved incredible things with the technology of their time (some of which they invented) and *human* intelligence and ingenuity.

Yes it seems very intresting I just purchased Mr Erich Von Daniken's video 'Chariots of the Gods' at the markets will watch it when I have time. Human civilisation seems to be older than we are taught maybe?

Do you have a specific rational and informed reason for not accepting the mainstream view of pyramid construction, or is it just a gut feeling?
After all, I don't understand how planes are built, so clearly they are constructed by extraterrestrials.
We have the graves of the builders, their brewery, detailed accounts of job titles and even medical information.
The truth is that the Egyptians were a highly gifted people who achieved incredible things with the technology of their time (some of which they invented) and *human* intelligence and ingenuity.

Hi Kevin. Well ok, let us look at the alternative evidence here and you can judge the merits of what i write agreed. It is a matter of Archaeologist "Fact" that none of the fourth dynasty kings put their names on the pyramids supposedly constructed during the era of their rule. Now Kevin there is no disputing this fact.
Egyptologists also have claimed the "Great Pyramid" was build by Pharoah "KHAFU" ( the date of his reign has slipped from my mind here) And again another fact Kevin Pharaoh khafu never claimed he build this pyramid , he did however claim to have done repair work on the structure i.e( Great Pyramid) Dr Zahi Hawass i will use him as an example here, he is a leading mainstream Egyptologist and he also is head ( manager) of the Cairo museum.

Dr Zahi claimed the workers used primitive tools to build the Pyramids. I will discuss that shortly Kevin and why i think that is a silly idea. I personally believe, the builders did not have the engineering capacity to build the Great Pyramid. In simplest terms, i don't believe the mainstream point of view.

I would however re-valuate my ideas, if mainstream Egytologists would least admit to the possibility that the Egyptians might have been more advanced the we care to believe or even want to believe. The whole purpose behind the Pyramid structure had a different purpose than mere burial in fact this is backed up with the fact that no Pharaoh has ever been found inside a Pyramid ever ( Every Pharaoh found was buried in a tomb)

Ok let us look at some accepted facts here. The Great Pyramid has roughly 2,300,000 stones in fact i think the number is more likely higher than that. That figure i quoted is the mainstream figure for build.
To cut these stones would require sophisticated stone drilling and cutting equipment. So mainstream Egyptologists have made and make the claim that "Bronze" and "Copper" saws cut these stones after being(quarried)

But these people are so dumb, they don't even realise, or even care to find out that "Bronze" and "Copper" saws "Barely" cut through Limestone and there "Useless" Against Granite ( studies prove this fact Kevin there is no disputing these findings.

"What about the Quarry theory. Two of the pyramids at Giza have too different types of limestone ( so distance is important here) Ok tell me this how the hell did the Egyptians move stones weighing 50 tons plus up the river on boats and rafts and then up the Giza Plateau (ground level)? Rafts and boats of the time are too puny and too weak to support such a weigh again another fact proven by research and study.

Also there is no disputing this fact. Some of these 50 ton plus stones were lifted and positioned perfectly How? ( also there is no sign of damage on the surface of the stones or any of the corners) explain that Kevin?
For the mainstream theory to even work or the ramp theory to work internal or external.

Lot of trees and wood would be needed.
Lot of labour 20,000 people.... maybe' more even would be required ( Yet you wouldn't find ten thousand people in 500 mile radius to manage shift patterns that would be required and it is highly unlikely enough qualified workers would exist within a 500 mile radius or more.

It is esteemed that is would take 20 years to build a pyramid. This is calculated based on the number of blocks that there is, of course this number is the mainstream view on things.

Egypt was drying up ( more sand) during the Pharaohs time of rule. There is serious lack of trees today in the whole of Egypt and it was no different during this time. The most common tree they have now and before was the Date Tree. The Egyptians wouldn't cut down a tree that provides a food source for their population( in fact it was a primary food source for the Egyptians. So the theory put forward by Egyptologists is not logical or even sensible. If they done this Kevin, they would have cut down down all trees that were available to them within one year( yet the Great Pyramid has been alleged to have taken 20 years to build and construct)

Am i being logical here? do you think i being rational Kevin?

We have Ancient hieroglyphics to observe the (Egyptian culture as it once was) they depict farming, burial, Pharoah worship, hunting, building structures, animals, insects, yet nothing of the pyramid construction has ever been found anywhere. Why? The fact is Kevin, the Egyptians had writing there is no reason this achievement would not have been documented somewhere especially since we no for a fact the Egyptians recorded and documented everything else about their race and culture and their belief systems and what Wars and battles they fought. If you don't even that strange then i give up on you.

Let us look for a moment to the Sphinx a different structure that is near to the pyramids. You might not be aware of this? Studies were carried out on the Sphinx by a World renowned Geologist Robert Schoch and later stopped and he confirmed that the Sphinx was likely to be over 9,000 years old. How does he know this?

A simple theory called "Water Erosion" This theory was debunked by Dr Zawi, and by another man, by the name of Mark Lehner both dismissed the ideas brought forward by Robert Schoch.
How'?
Well they didn't they just didn't address them properly they laughed at very suggestion of it. Yet evidence was found and was shown on National Geographic Channel.

The problem here is these men have muddied the waters with allegations of their own. They have made it a personal issue without addressing the fact and issues not scientific in anyway. A simple test by impartial Engineers could prove or disprove who build the Pyramids and the Sphinx. But these guys will not allow it to be done. That is a cover-up of something right there Kevin at least that is my view.

See if can be proven the Sphinx is indeed 9,000 years old, our idea of history, and what we want to believe goes out the window. In simplest terms we would have no explantation, for who build the Pyramids and the Sphinx and why they build it.

Academia mainstream professionals will protect at all costs there views and beliefs. I think personally believe there is a Cover-up of lot of or history believe or not or least an unwillingness to chance views when evidence so presents itself.
Conclusion.

I have not even discussed the inside of the pyramids and the alternative evidence that presents itself there. Time is an issue here and i have to sign of from the internet very soon. So i just skip lot of this, but will come back again another time. But i discussed before on a different thread that an Egyptian Boat was found at ferriby England ( carbon dated proved it's age and who build it) and also plenty of Egyptian items have been found all over England.

In Ireland at Tara a man was found in a excavated tomb and lot of the items found within the tomb were remarkable similar to Egyptian items. These facts are historical realities Kevin not make believable but this facts are ignored by Academia because they don't suit there view of the ancient world and how they travelled.

Kevin the fact is the Pyramids are Perfectly aligned with constellation Orion. How they aligned the Three Pyramids perfectly is a real mystery. And also it very interesting lot of paranormal cases that i have read about happened near locations that have deposits of limestone. I speculate here is there a some connection between Limestone and magnetic anomalies that we don't fully understand yet. There is evidence that some tourists and others experienced energy anomalies while walking around inside the Great Pyramid of Giza. What is up with that if true?

To answer you point. We have no idea they were Builders of the Pyramids. That is just a theory put forward. I would accept the possibility, they might, have been workers that done repairs on the Pyramid structure after build?

Kevin, Egypt was inhabited by people. I wasn't one bit surprised they would find a small town or people (Graves) close to the pyramids. But when people claim these guys build the Pyramids all these people are doing is trying to sew up their particular viewpoint from more ridicule.

Hi all, long time between posts.
I saw this documentary last night and felt it was just the same tired old stuff from Von Däniken, same speculation presented as if fact, then justified as just speculation, then re-presented as fact again. In no part did I see any corroboration for the dates presented and no balance from alternative theories in interpreting, say, cave art figures wearing space suits. Cave art is abstract and viewed from the point of view of a Shaman there would be a spirit world interpretation like the inhabitants of an Ayahuasca vision represented on stone.
Anyhow, Von Däniken's theories have been disputed right from the get-go, including in the BBC documentary, "The Case of the Ancient Astronauts,"back in the 70's which I recall viewing.
There are anomalous things like the Pumapunku stonemasonary that defy explanation, but just because they defy explanation doesn't automatically imply extraterrestrial input.
Here's a thought, Von Däniken has no problem with Neolithic Europeans carving and transporting huge stones to build stonehenge yet has a problem with contemporary civilizations with large settled populations doing much bigger constructions without help from the stars..Oh well..

Hi all, long time between posts.
I saw this documentary last night and felt it was just the same tired old stuff from Von Däniken, same speculation presented as if fact, then justified as just speculation, then re-presented as fact again. In no part did I see any corroboration for the dates presented and no balance from alternative theories in interpreting, say, cave art figures wearing space suits. Cave art is abstract and viewed from the point of view of a Shaman there would be a spirit world interpretation like the inhabitants of an Ayahuasca vision represented on stone.
Anyhow, Von Däniken's theories have been disputed right from the get-go, including in the BBC documentary, "The Case of the Ancient Astronauts,"back in the 70's which I recall viewing.
There are anomalous things like the Pumapunku stonemasonary that defy explanation, but just because they defy explanation doesn't automatically imply extraterrestrial input.
Here's a thought, Von Däniken has no problem with Neolithic Europeans carving and transporting huge stones to build stonehenge yet has a problem with contemporary civilizations with large settled populations doing much bigger constructions without help from the stars..Oh well..

There is lot of differences between the sites to be honest. Stonehenge the" STONES" are low in number compared to the Egyptian Pyramids or Puma Punku. The Stone work at Puma Punku, we can't even repeat today with modern technology, the same thing, without making a few mistakes that would be visible to the naked eye. The stone work at Puma Punku is perfect.

But we are being told, these indigenous local tribes were just using bronze and copper tools at the time. Look i give someone a thousand Euros if you can do the same design as per seen in the first video with those basic tools and prove it on video. Stonehenge is also a mystery, i would be willing to bet it waS used by the Druids ( Celts) for some purpose.
But this would only be a gut feeling. I say it was build long before the Celt arrival in Britain? People often don't know this but the King Arthur legend or myth is actually a Celt myth believe or not

I take your point about stonehenge being a smaller structure, I'm sure it could have been much larger with the resources of the pyramid builders. Stonehenge is certainly pre-Celtic but it's builders descendants still remain in the area today according to DNA studies on the UK population, so you would assume that the use of Stonehenge would have continued as a sacred place in the same way that Churches are often sited on pagan sites. The DNA research suggests that it was Celtic Culture that invaded more than an invasion of ethnic Celts (whatever that means).
On the matter of stone carving I agree that Pumapunku ( actually only 1,000 years old) demonstrates an enormously sophisticated technology but It's still a leap to label it as the work of ET (as the program stated) even when it is hard to explain in other ways. I suppose equally valid theories could entail time travellers or extra-dimensional visitors or the descendants of Atlantis...We could do it today but with computer guided cutting machinery. Intriguing, isn't it.

I watched that show last night too. About those long heads. First, they show ancient depicted images of the royalty in Egypt, looking truely----alien. Their heads were big and long like a Ufologist's. Er uh I mean, an alien's. But THEN******they go and show these ---real live--- aboriginal people who are NOT ancient depictions.......with long big heads that they themselves warped, via their own traditional methods. AND THEN, the show returns to, "But just look at how alien these ancient rulers looked!"
That is why Agent Fox Mulder had a poster in his office, declaring, "I want to believe!" Huh, Smoking Man.

Back