• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Need To Talk To Someone About Regression.

T

Tommy Allison

If someone knows anyone who is an actual reputable authority on retrieving memories, please let me know.

Thanks.

On the show, Jacques Vallee mentioned that he is very particular about the hypnotherapists he uses. I don't know if mentions specifics ones in any of his books. He does list his mailing address on his website. Perhaps if you write him and ask him who he has used or what professional associations he goes through he can assist.

If someone knows anyone who is an actual reputable authority on retrieving memories, please let me know.

Thanks.

Tommy --

Let me first qualify this in that I am no expert in this subject.

My feelings about regression is that it's always a mistake. It seems to me there's the danger of confabulation, and in the case where there is some traumatic event involved, I strongly suspect that unearthing it before the subject is emotionally prepared to confront the event can lead to more emotional damage. I also wonder if regression can "rewrite" the perception of the event (coloring it by negative emotions), because the subject is not emotionally prepared to confront it.

I do feel that suppressed memories, given time, will eventually surface. Practices such as zazen meditation may help this process by allowing emotions and memories to come to the surface in a more holistic manner.

Naturally, I don't know why you're interested, so my suggestions here may not be relevant.

I'm of the opinion, If you can't remember and don't know, if you had experiences. The best medicine is. Do nothing and carry on as you are.

The idea of people having memories blocked by the aliens. Well surely the Aliens. Having according to the data abducted ten thousands of people over the years our even centuries. Would know there methods are useless in blocking memories. Unless that is the original plan. To implant False memories of Aliens and SPACESHIPS in the individual.

The whole regression thing seems kind of sketchy to me as well. I have recovered many memories through meditation myself, not of anything crazy, but sometimes during practice I vividly remember things from my early childhood. I would say to maybe try some forms of self-examination before you let someone else into your mind. Of course this would probably take a long time but I think it would be worth it.

I actually just needed to talk to someone about the processes, and not actually get a session or anything. I would seriously though like to talk to someone about it, because there's a part of me that wonders if certain television shows could actually implant certain ideas in people's heads that later manifest as something else?

There's a theory I'm trying to work out regarding the media, and TV shows for children that could in effect create abductees, or at least plant the seeds of certain ideas.

I would seriously though like to talk to someone about it, because there's a part of me that wonders if certain television shows could actually implant certain ideas in people's heads that later manifest as something else?

You may want to give the work of Dr. Kenneth Ring a look, specifically The Omega Project: Near-Death Experiences, Ufo Encounters, and Mind at Large. It's not a new book, but speaks to the idea that these events are in part created by a different level of consciousness that some people are more prone to accessing than others.

Honestly, if memory serves, he doesn't speak specifically about hypnosis and regressions.

I read through a whole bunch of it, and the one thing that I noticed is that they do not talk about Television as programming.

Television, IS programming.

I stopped watching television over a year and a half ago. I realized that when I read things, that my brain processed it differently than if someone on the television was telling me about it.

I believe that 99 percent of the problem with the people in our country is that they spend too many hours in front of a screen, that programs the thoughts and ideas into their heads that are the most easily grasped.

Which is why there's a huge schism in this country where so called Conservatives, and so called Liberals are concerned. Rather than do what is right and good for the country, they want what is right and good for the people who espouse the ideology they have been programmed with.

It's why when people talk about politics, the economy, or the environment, the opinions are so polarized. Neither side will actually take a look at a middle ground, because people on the television, on both sides are programming them to not think for themselves.

Television is the single most destructive force in the universe where intellect, logic, and objective thinking are concerned. Religion was used to hold people back, and hold them back it did for about a good 600 years, before disease and pestilence starting killing people off in record numbers.

When Television was invented, it was supposed to be an information medium, nothing more. Instead they made it into a means to program people into little blind automatons that do the will of those above.

It's why I do not have cable TV in the house. It's why I refuse to watch anything on television for that matter. I will watch a movie on my DVD player, or watch a movie on Netflix, but I refuse to watch the news, or any shows, as all they do is program people to think a certain way.

It's why I was interested in the idea of regression. If your memories, or ideas of certain things can be molded and shaped, then how can you really be sure that they're your own thoughts?

The more I think about things in regard to television, and the media as a whole, the less interested I become in hearing people's points of view, because I don't know how much of it is actually truth, or someone else's agenda.

Tommy,

I'm there with you 100% on the television thoughts, there's nothing like watching children stare slack-jawed, mesmerized by a television screen, to realize how incredibly powerful - and dangerous - it is for those who don't understand what lies behind the surface - like you said, it's called programming for more than a single reason. :eek:

If I had children - which I don't, thank goodness - I would not allow them access to broadcast television. Seriously. The ability to imagine worlds by reading the written world is being leached from the young, replaced by preprocessed, sanitized propaganda and material fantasies, all delivered to the optic nerve via the refresh rate of a display screen, requiring zero effort - or thought - from the consumer. Scary shit. I wonder how this will all turn out:

dB

Agree about TV. I also rather watch movies on DVD or DVR shows and ff thru the commercials. Reading and the Net give me my news, info.

Tommy,
I think you make a valid point. I seem to recall a couple of studies that indicate that the media can cause problems with body perception in teenage girls and has been shown that in cultures where there were no incidences of anorexia or bulimia the cultures saw an increase of both when western media was introduced.

The whole regression thing seems kind of sketchy to me as well. I have recovered many memories through meditation myself, not of anything crazy, but sometimes during practice I vividly remember things from my early childhood. I would say to maybe try some forms of self-examination before you let someone else into your mind. Of course this would probably take a long time but I think it would be worth it.

This just "sounds" right to me. Good common sense advice. I wouldda just "thunked" ya but the button aint there. :p

As a child, I watched Television.

Land Of The Lost was a show that apparently had a profound effect on me.
Another was the 6 Million Dollar Man. Particularly the Bigfoot episode.
Then there was Project UFO, or Project Bluebook.

One episode in particular showcased these black aliens with white eyes.

To this day I am bothered by things, and I'm thinking that they came from my childhood Television watching.

Back