• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NASA found an ancient walled settlement on Mars ?

Wishing something is so doesn't make it so.

Right, knew that. I repeat my question to you a few posts back:

So you know the whole, long history of Mars, everything that's taken place there over millions, billions, of years? Why is it that the NASA/JPL scientists don't know all that you know? Maybe you can solve this latest issue too:

Scientists can’t seem to figure out how ancient Mars got so warm

to which you replied:

Actually I do, and so do they.

No, you don't, and they don't either as the article I linked demonstrates. I think there's plenty of 'wishful thinking' in your own assumption that recent scientific hypotheses and speculations at NASA re the history of Mars constitute established facts that rule out the possibility of evolved and evolving life in some locations on Mars.

Now, if indeed you know more than the Mars scientists at NASA know about the history of Mars, what's your answer to the latest question that has them puzzled?

Scientists can’t seem to figure out how ancient Mars got so warm

From the article:
Curiosity has been scouring over hundreds of meters of sedimentary rocks that are thought to have been deposited by a lake that existed in the crater 3.5 billion years ago.

3.5 Billion Years Ago. With a 'B.'

Single celled life on earth only. Photosynthesis starts around this time.

And somehow, on Mars, which formed at the same time as the Earth, you're hoping not only complex life has formed, but intelligent complex life capable of tool use and city building?

Wow.

Yes, there's lots we don't know about Mars' history - like why it was warm 3.5 BYA. It could have formed simple life then. It could still have simple life now. Martian life and Terran life could have seeded each other over the ages.

But I'll just note, for reference, that some of the impact craters from this time period in Mars' history -- called the Hesperian period -- are still there on the surface. Heck, it's when Olympus Mons likely formed. But you won't find one single scrap of the Earth's surface that old. Because erosion -- weather, tectonic activity, and life.
Hesperian - Wikipedia

Those craters are there just like ruins from cities would be.

Those craters are there just like ruins from cities would be.

If I told you that some craters on Mars show signs of having had human-like settlements in them, well, you know what your response would be. Let's just let it go (and, out of curiosity, wait to see what turns up).

Back