• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mysterious Universe

interestedINitall said:
he's safely tucked away in my ignore box (where there is always room for at least one more)

Is that some sort of threat? If so, I don't appreciate it. Believe me, I'm the last person to tell someone else how to behave and I'm not trying to start a fight. I just don't see how it benefits you or this forum to smack down other posters and essentially call them stupid, whiny brats. But, if you want to come off as rude, then that's your prerogative.

May I ask why you didn't just ignore this poster in the first place, instead of feeling you had to put up a post insulting him or her? I suppose my desire for polite discussion exposes my inexperience on discussion boards, where it seems like barbed comments are more the norm than constructive criticism.

Yakuzablitz said:
Is that some sort of threat? If so, I don't appreciate it. Believe me, I'm the last person to tell someone else how to behave and I'm not trying to start a fight. I just don't see how it benefits you or this forum to smack down other posters and essentially call them stupid, whiny brats. But, if you want to come off as rude, then that's your prerogative.

May I ask why you didn't just ignore this poster in the first place, instead of feeling you had to put up a post insulting him or her? I suppose my desire for polite discussion exposes my inexperience on discussion boards, where it seems like barbed comments are more the norm than constructive criticism.

I have a low threshold for foolishness.

I'm not interested in fighting either. It's counterproductive and just a waste of time.

Have a wonderful graduation.

Good-bye
:)

. . .and then there were six.

I really don't understand why we can't all listen to more than 1 podcast that covers the paranormal. Hell I'm subscribed to at least 4 of them (which now includes Paracast).

It is a little hard to compare my show and Paracast since our styles are so different. We rarely have interviews on Mysterious Universe and its no big secret that I'm simply reading from current articles and adding my own opinions, that's what we've always done and it has turned out to be successful.

If there's anything we should be doing it's working together. We are all obviously passionate about the topics covered on each show. Why not create some sort of promo exchange system or "friends of this show" link so that we can share some of our audience? I'm positive there are a ton of Mysterious Universe listeners out there who are dying at the chance to listen to a show such as The Paracast but just aren't aware of it yet.

Oh and the immature little weasel that started this thread just tried to hijack our forums after we kindly asked him to tone down his forum behavior. Some people just have nothing better to do I guess.

Keep up the great work Gene and David!

Benjamin_Grundy said:
I really don't understand why we can't all listen to more than 1 podcast that covers the paranormal. Hell I'm subscribed to at least 4 of them (which now includes Paracast).

It is a little hard to compare my show and Paracast since our styles are so different. We rarely have interviews on Mysterious Universe and its no big secret that I'm simply reading from current articles and adding my own opinions, that's what we've always done and it has turned out to be successful.

If there's anything we should be doing it's working together. We are all obviously passionate about the topics covered on each show. Why not create some sort of promo exchange system or "friends of this show" link so that we can share some of our audience? I'm positive there are a ton of Mysterious Universe listeners out there who are dying at the chance to listen to a show such as The Paracast but just aren't aware of it yet.

Oh and the immature little weasel that started this thread just tried to hijack our forums after we kindly asked him to tone down his forum behavior. Some people just have nothing better to do I guess.

Thank you for dropping by and welcome to our forum. We appreciate your kind comments about our efforts. David and I will discuss your idea about a promo exchange. In the meantime, why not send us a private letter about what you have in mind?

Benjamin_Grundy said:

I wonder if Yakityyak (or whatever his name is) will try to proselytize Benjamin_Grundy, too.

Too funny! You've met him too eh...

As for the topic of the thread. I listen to multiple shows. I don't think I've listened to any MU shows yet though. I might in the near future.

interestedINitall said:
I wonder if Yakityyak (or whatever his name is) will try to proselytize Benjamin_Grundy, too.

Please do me the courtesy of typing my name correctly - your poor attempt at knocking me down by twisting my alias makes you look just as immature as the posters you criticize.

Also, just to clear things up, I'm not proselytizing anyone or anything except keeping an open mind and trying to be polite to other members of this forum. If daiello has tried to jack a forum somewhere else, then by all means take the necessary actions against him or her to stop this kind of behavior. However, I found your hostile condemnation of an entire group of people, i.e. college students, to be offensive.

Not that you'll see my post though, as it seems you gleefully add people who disagree with you (however politely) to your ignore list. Is that not the equivalent of a child sticking their fingers in their ears and reciting, "Nya nya nya..." when somebody says something they don't want to hear?

Yakadoo (or whatever your name is),

I made the mistake of looking at this thread without logging on and therefore saw your blather about my post. I won't do that again.

Your apparent inferiority complex notwithstanding, I put you on ignore for the simple reason that I don't take you seriously and therefore don't see the value in bickering with you while you play protector of the playpen.

I'm here to discuss the paranormal and to, at times, discuss those who discuss the paranormal. If you don't care for the way I do either then you should put me on ignore and move on with your life, such as it is. Oh and by the way, you might want to refrain from statements like ". . .far be it from me to tell someone how to behave." after you've just done just that. It exposes your - let's call it erratic - thought process.

I say again, have a lovely graduation.
Good-bye
(for good now that I know how this works)

Benjamin_Grundy said:

It's a lot harder to trash someone, when you know they're listening.

Ben, welcome to theparacast forums!

Good for you.

I haven't heard your show yet, but I consider myself an avid consumer of this stuff. so now that I see you've got those big ole cajones to join theparacast forums and enter into the dialog here, and stand up for yourself, I have no choice but to roll over to your show and start downloading your podcasts as well.

I LIKE THIS GUY!!!! :cool:

tomlevine1 said:
It's a lot harder to trash someone, when you know they're listening.

No, not really.

By the way, was anyone here "trashing" Mysterious Universe? Since when does critique (or even criticism) equal "trashing?" From what I've read even critical posts (mine among them) said the show is enjoyable. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't bother to mitigate like that unless I mean it.

No big deal.

It just appeared that you were saying that everyone here was making disparaging comments about Mysterious Universe simply for the sake of doing so i.e. "trashing."

Obviously you weren't.

Like I said, no big deal.

Ben, welcome to theparacast forums!

Good for you.

I haven't heard your show yet, but I consider myself an avid consumer of this stuff. so now that I see you've got those big ole cajones to join theparacast forums and enter into the dialog here, and stand up for yourself, I have no choice but to roll over to your show and start downloading your podcasts as well.

I LIKE THIS GUY!!!! :cool:

Ah! What a warm welcome. Thanks, its good to be here.

I wrote to Gene and David today and let them know that they are my model for good interview technique. We've got a new sister podcast coming soon that is purely interviews and if we can get to the level of the Paracast in terms of thoughtful questioning, I'll be a happy man.

Now if only I can entice THEM to come over to MU for an interview. Turn the tables a bit, that would be fun ;)

Hi there Benjamin! I love your show! It is my favourite along with Strange Days Indeed and The Paracast. I look forward to your show so much. You have the perfect voice for radio/podcasting and always offer such a great variety of topics. Keep up the great work and take care now.

Back