• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My Thoughts On Boyd Bushman

Lavarat

Skilled Investigator
I think you should keep his interview on your archive.

After a while it will soak in and it is an interesting interview that can grow on the listener over time. I listened to it a second time and realized he was saying some pretty interesting things, that might be mistaken mixed with some things that were not.

It couldn't be the worst interview you have done since you had one of Billy Liar's Sociapath's which counts as worst.

I say keep Boyd up there its a classic show.

I've known a lot of scientists, mainly in fields related to material science. Bushman reminded me of some of them. They were brilliant, educated, accomplished, and arrogant. Some of them had the tendency to be deliberately cryptic, trying to convey a secret knowledge with morsels of obscure data and information. And I knew more than a few who had the same condescending twinkle in their eyes that I got a sense Bushman had; part "I'm smarter than you people", part send-up. After many years of dealing with these guys I came to realize they were mostly full of crap and were pulling our chains for fun. This is one smart guy, that's for sure. But he's also definitely jerking us all around for his own amusement. When you mix two-thirds brilliance and one-third bullshit, the concoction comes out only smelling like bullshit...that's Bushman.

Bury this show!

Verum said:
I've known a lot of scientists, mainly in fields related to material science. Bushman reminded me of some of them. They were brilliant, educated, accomplished, and arrogant. Some of them had the tendency to be deliberately cryptic, trying to convey a secret knowledge with morsels of obscure data and information. And I knew more than a few who had the same condescending twinkle in their eyes that I got a sense Bushman had; part "I'm smarter than you people", part send-up. After many years of dealing with these guys I came to realize they were mostly full of crap and were pulling our chains for fun. This is one smart guy, that's for sure. But he's also definitely jerking us all around for his own amusement. When you mix two-thirds brilliance and one-third bullshit, the concoction comes out only smelling like bullshit...that's Bushman.

Bury this show!

From our brief conversation prior to the interview, I got the impression Bushman had a ripe sense of humor. So you may have a good angle on the whole thing.

There are too many thread on this guy now, congregate: https://www.theparacast.com/forums/tonights-episode-11-4-07-t-1222.html

I have never heard a guy speak so much and say so little. He answered very few questions directly and was really quite impressed with himself and his own accomplishments. I have a really hard time taking what he said seriously. He seemed evasive and less than forthcoming with straight answers.

gordstephan said:
I have never heard a guy speak so much and say so little. He answered very few questions directly and was really quite impressed with himself and his own accomplishments. I have a really hard time taking what he said seriously. He seemed evasive and less than forthcoming with straight answers.

Well, it is true that his patents are genuine. But that doesn't mean he feels willing to speak seriously on a lot of critical issues. He seemed to just want to tell silly anecdotes and talk around the various subjects. Can you see why we were so frustrated with this interview?

Anyone know if anyone has duplicated what is seen in the vids Boyd has? The coil and anti gravity vids?

I only listened to half the show, and my mind wandered through some of it because the guy was saying a lot of nothing.

A very interesting interview. You had to listen very hard to what he was saying but interesting none the less and handled well by Gene and David.

This guy is full of Bull!#$t. I think its giving him to much credit to even suggest that he has a disinformation role. I find it very hard to believe that this guy has any kind of scientific background! I understand that apparently he has his name on some patents, i'm not actually sure what that means, maybe he was a manager of some sorts.

He kept going on about how he was a 'Senior Scientist', and how 'Senior Scientist' investigate what is not known, well what the f#$k does he think that any scientist does?

Anyway sorry for the rant, i found this one of the most infuriating paracast shows to listen to ever!

Clive http://theparacast.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

The Pair of Cats said:
A very interesting interview. You had to listen very hard to what he was saying but interesting none the less and handled well by Gene and David.
Well handled by our esteemed hosts? On what evidence? They couldn't get a word in edgewise and when they did, they were sputtering. Like when Bushman asked them how the show was going. Their response: "Well, er, um. Uh. I guess." As an interview it was useless. As a vehicle for Bushman, he succeeded. But as entertainment: Priceless. I thought C2C was the ultimate in softball, but you've now taken the lead. Keep asking the "hard questions," guys. You been pwned! :D

Schuyler said:
The Pair of Cats said:
Well handled by our esteemed hosts? On what evidence? They couldn't get a word in edgewise and when they did, they were sputtering. Like when Bushman asked them how the show was going. Their response: "Well, er, um. Uh. I guess." As an interview it was useless. As a vehicle for Bushman, he succeeded. But as entertainment: Priceless. I thought C2C was the ultimate in softball, but you've now taken the lead. Keep asking the "hard questions," guys. You been pwned! :D

That was harsh.

This show will go down as a classic of unintentional comedy.

I would have paid good money to watch Gene and David squirming in their seats during the interview.

Just imagine Gene pulling out the few hairs he might have left.

The only gems from the show are shards of glass embedded in David's knuckles after punching his computer monitor.

You know, If Boyd Bushman actually did work for a longtime with Howard Hughs its possible that he absorbed Hughes arrogance, sense of entitlement, and fanciful huckster mindset. Maybe, just maybe, he is trying to imitate the brilliant lunatic and just doesn't understand that he has become an anachronism and now just appears to be a babbling old coot.

Brilliant?..possibly

Oblivious to how he comes off to others?...definitely.

Schuyler said:
The Pair of Cats said:

How do you respond properly to an incoherent noncommunicative idiot who can't seem to carry a thought. At least Stephen Greer is a good liar, this guy sounded like one of those rambling bums talking to themselves while walking down the street.

Astroboy said:
This show will go down as a classic of unintentional comedy.

I would have paid good money to watch Gene and David squirming in their seats during the interview.

Just imagine Gene pulling out the few hairs he might have left.

The only gems from the show are shards of glass embedded in David's knuckles after punching his computer monitor.

I suspect Gene and Dave were reading the newspaper or went out and got some food will he just droned on and on.

Gene Steinberg said:
gordstephan said:

Well, it is true that his patents are genuine. But that doesn't mean he feels willing to speak seriously on a lot of critical issues. He seemed to just want to tell silly anecdotes and talk around the various subjects. Can you see why we were so frustrated with this interview?

Bloody hell Gene! I listened to your Boyd B show today. Well he must be having a long and rambling laff to himself right now as to how he successfully flabbed out 2 hrs without actually saying anything of interest. He reminded me of Grandpa Simpson.

he talked waaaaaay too fast and jumped from topic to topic in a matter of seconds it gave me a headache

First off this is such a great podcast. You guys really do a fantastic job, and I really appreciate your approach to the topics. It's certainly refreshing in the paranormal "field".

So... I'm having a hard time understanding what the problem is with Boyd, at least the interview is a far cry from that Bruce Goldberg sh*t sandwich. wow. anyway...

I acknowledge Boyd's answers can be a bit roundabout to say the least but, he sounded like a sincere guy, with what appears to be impressive credentials. Could it be he is being cautious with his answers because of his secret work? Not to mention he is a pretty old guy, his thoughts, delivery and generational differences *might* contribute to our perception of his answers?

What about Nick Cook ( Jane's Weekly guy )? He seems like a credible guy. I read his book and saw a History channel documentary where he talked with Boyd. It might be interesting to get his take on the Black World, Ben Rich and Boyd, etc...

I'm listening to this podcast a 2nd time.

Keep up the great work.

icculus said:
First off this is such a great podcast. You guys really do a fantastic job, and I really appreciate your approach to the topics. It's certainly refreshing in the paranormal "field".

So... I'm having a hard time understanding what the problem is with Boyd, at least the interview is a far cry from that Bruce Goldberg sh*t sandwich. wow. anyway...

I acknowledge Boyd's answers can be a bit roundabout to say the least but, he sounded like a sincere guy, with what appears to be impressive credentials. Could it be he is being cautious with his answers because of his secret work? Not to mention he is a pretty old guy, his thoughts, delivery and generational differences *might* contribute to our perception of his answers?

What about Nick Cook ( Jane's Weekly guy )? He seems like a credible guy. I read his book and saw a History channel documentary where he talked with Boyd. It might be interesting to get his take on the Black World, Ben Rich and Boyd, etc...

I'm listening to this podcast a 2nd time.

Keep up the great work.

Boyd was on first. After Bruce came on, many picked on him a lot less. There's a thread that has people voting on biggest whack job. Boyd is in last place. Greer first, and Bruce second:)

As for Boyd. I'm waiting for someone to conduct an experiment with a copper pipe and prove him wrong. Til then, I don't have much to say about him.

Just an FYI -- there is such an experiement involving copper pipes and magnets:

http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magpipes.htm

There is also a link at the bottom of that web page that links to an MIT-based web site that has a nice graphic illustration of the electromagnetic fields.

Back