• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My Scary Female Apparition Experience

Free episodes:

bogie13p

Skilled Investigator
In previous posts I mentioned the old rock house that I used to live in with my grandparents. A lot of random little haunting things took place there. Sometimes the activity was very frequent and other times months would go by without as much as a creepy creek. A lot of people who lived in the house saw an apparition at some point. Most of the sigtings were seen once people got to the top of the stairs and turned to go down the hall. Also a lot of people would see a female looking out the window if they were outside. I only saw an apparition once. It didn't do anything to me, but it was a very scary experience.

I was about 13 or 14. It was probably about eleven at night and I was reading on the couch in the living room. I never stayed upstairs much if it was night, because that was where most of the activity took place and I was a wuss. Everyone else was already in bed, so I just had a little clippy book light on, so I could see to read. I do remember it being a brighter night than normal. I remember moonlight comming in the big side window in the living room eventhough there wasn't a street light or anything on that side of the house. I somehow didn't see anything appear, but I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned a bit and a female was just standing there looking at me. Well I can't say for sure if she was looking at me, but deffinately toward me. She didn't move. She was just standing there. I pretty much froze. She was only about 5-6 feet away. As I mentioned she was looking toward me, but I couldn't make out her eyes. It was just kind of like shadows or something for the whole eye socket part of her facial structure. I can't describe how creepy she looked. She was like something out of movie. She was really pale and had hair that was longish and dark. Her mouth was also in shadow and I really don't remember much detail about it. The next day I drew a picture for my grandma of what I saw. I think I had kind of exagerated, but I had just drawn a long dark oval for her mouth and eyes that kidn of resembled those masks like in the movie scream eventhough she really didn't look like that. She was wearing what looked like a white nightgown. It wasn't flowing or lacy, just simple and looked like cotton. I remember the detail around the neck with a light pink ribbon threaded through the neck bit and tied with a little pink bow in front. It was long-sleeved and went down to just a bit before where her ankles would be. I don't remember if I saw her feet or not. I was mostly looking at the face area and overall view. She looked like she was maybe 16 or 17. Like I said, I was just froze there with her looking right toward me. It felt like five minutes, but in reality, it was probably only about 45 seconds before I un-froze and landed in my grandparents bed. Their bedroom was right off of the living room and from the bed, I could still see the aparition through the doorway in the bedroom. I shook my grandma to wake up. I would shake her and look up and shake her some more and look up....the apparition was still there. My grandma woke up, but wasn't really awake. I made her turn to look, but when she turned around, the apparition was gone. Figures!

I still remember that face as if it was yesterday. The apparitions that the rest of my family described does not meet the description of the one I saw. One of theirs had red curly hair and one was a way younger girl. No one else saw the pale, dark haired, no eye, scary one that still gives me mad chill bumps. I know what I saw and I know I wasn't asleep, but it almost feels like someone else was the person experiencing it. It was just so surreal.

There is not a scary movie out there that will ever phase me because I have seen this in real life and nothing will ever even compare. Looking back, I don't think there was anything mean about her, she didn't move toward me, she was just there. It really doesnt make the experience less scary though.

Wow, sitting here with goosebumps.

it almost feels like someone else was the person experiencing it.

I've wondered about this as an explanation for ghosts. Maybe through some kind of telepathic "glitch" you play someone else's memory in your mind.

About the missing eyes & mouth, interesting that these are they key features for communication, the features we pay attention to when interacting with people. Maybe this information is stored in a different location, and the memory you played was missing this separate component.

David Biedny has a similiar story about a female apparition whose whole face was obscured.

I had never even considered a possible telepathic glitch theory. wow, thats really a neat concept. That would also explain residual stuff if your just playing someone elses memory. I like it. Did you read my other thread about my grandpa calling me when he wasn't there? It was like a residual kind of thing, but he wasn't dead or anything. It made me wonder if residual haunting stuff could actually start even before someone dies since the imprint is left when they are alive. I shouldnt wonder about this stuff, since we probably won't ever understand for sure. Still drives me crazy thinking about it all though.

Scary!

More and more lately I have been liking the idea of that woman that you saw was from a different time and you appeared as a ghost to her... and she was scared shitless which is why she wasnt moving!

I had never even considered a possible telepathic glitch theory. wow, thats really a neat concept. That would also explain residual stuff if your just playing someone elses memory. I like it. Did you read my other thread about my grandpa calling me when he wasn't there? It was like a residual kind of thing, but he wasn't dead or anything. It made me wonder if residual haunting stuff could actually start even before someone dies since the imprint is left when they are alive. I shouldnt wonder about this stuff, since we probably won't ever understand for sure. Still drives me crazy thinking about it all though.

After my Gradfather died, lots of different people reporting seeing him walk his familiar route and were very taken aback to hear he had died. Like an essence of him was still there doing his old familiar things, it was kind of comforting for us, his family to know this when we were struggling to come to terms with his departure.

I did indeed see something that matches some of Bogie's description, but I'll remind everyone that I was with my friend Bill, we both saw it, which kind of makes the "psychic glitch" theory a little less likely. That's a fascinating story, thanks so much for sharing it, I really appreciate yours posts here, Bogie13p. Would you be willing to come on the show and talk with us about some of this stuff? Perhaps it's time to do another listener roundtable episode.

dB

I would LOVE to hear Bogie talk about this experience (and her other ones too) on the show that she's describing in this thread. Traumatic experiences like this are much easier to talk about especially when you know that the person you are describing the event to has had a similar kind of experience.
I would also love to hear David go into more detail about his own sighting of that phantom that resembled Bogie's that occurred when he was with his friend Bill who saw it too. Men are less apt to go into much detail about sightings and experiences like this than woman are so having Bogie there on the other side of the line may make it easier for David to talk about his own experience. The fact is, just talking about extraordinary events like these can be extremely cathartic where sometimes other memories are jolted out of their hiding places during the time of the re-telling of the event. So in this regard, both of you may benefit from this kind of one-on-one conversation like this. Hope it happens! Can't wait!:)

God your story is creepy! And the description of the girl ghost kinda reminds me of the girl in The Ring! I'd think my heart would almost STOP at the sight of something so creepy and close to me like that!

And I know what you mean about it seeming like yesterday! My Shadow Person experience feels like yesterday too! When you encounter something like that, you are definitely never the same! :eek:

I hope you do do a show about some of the listeners ghost experiences, David! (And more info about your own ghost encounter, yours was particularly compelling!).

Bixyboo

Hey, I've been mildly creeped out for the past two nights with all this spooky talk. Now, I'll be looking for faceless girl figures at the bedroom door. I'm gonna thank you for the post, but just as long as you know...it's a begrudging, sarcastic thanks with the tiniest hint of a smile ::)

I listened to the first Budd Hopkins interview today so between nightmare aliens and faceless ghosts...there won't be much sleep happening in Kandinsky Towers. Hopefully, Alien Trespass will be fun and distracting!

I wouldn't mind at all talking about my experiences on the show. I really don't know that much about the ufo stuff. I only had one sighting as far as that goes, which was the first thing I wrote about on here. When it comes to other random weird ghosty stuff though, I have loads of stories about things I have personally gone through.

I wouldn't mind at all talking about my experiences on the show. I really don't know that much about the ufo stuff. I only had one sighting as far as that goes, which was the first thing I wrote about on here. When it comes to other random weird ghosty stuff though, I have loads of stories about things I have personally gone through.

Well, contrary to popular belief, we're interesting in a lot more than just UFOs. :rolleyes:

I'll definitely keep you posted, I think it's time to put together another listener-guest show, and please consider yourself on the list.

dB

You need to check out the archive! Many shows that have nothing to do with UFOs. David's apparition experience for example.

I think you would be great on the show. Based on what you have shared on the boards it would be a fascinating discussion to listen in on ;)

Thanks. I am kind of new to all of this. Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do as far as listening to past episodes. I have listened to some, but not all. I did download most of them on itunes, so thats the first step. :)

I'm rather new here too and I'm still trying to catch up with those podcasts in the archive here. I'm very hard of hearing and legally deaf so I depend on my son to help me fill in those gaps that I sometimes miss due to that deficit. I lip read when communicating with the non-deaf and relay by phone.

But what fascinates me about your experience Bogie is that I too have had the experience of seeing an apparition of a woman. She was wearing what I perceived as a white Mennonite/Quaker "funeral" gown (but it could have also been a heavy old fashion cotton nightgown too). At the time when it happened, my son and I, who was in elementary school at that time, were in the livingroom watching TV in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace. My son had fallen a sleep on the couch and I was laying on the the other couch, still awake but nevertheless in a drowsy state when all of the sudden, this woman in that white funeral gown popped up in front of the fireplace where she then ZIPPED over to the side of my couch and touched my arm .... and then laughed and disappeared! It was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. I got a good look at her though. She had long brown hair that fell past her shoulders -- but have you ever seen that movie with Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock called "Practical Magic"? Well, remember that part when Kidman's boyfriend appeared when that detective showed up? Well the woman who appeared, in my case, had the same kind of "look" as the "ghost" of that boyfriend -- I think "hyper-real" (it GLOWED) would be a good description of what I'm trying to describe.
After that woman in white disappeared.. and btw, I was semi-immobile when she showed up so I'm still thinking that it was a hypnogogic experience because of this. But after she disappeared, I SPRANG from the couch and turned on every light in the house -- and stayed up for the rest of the night cleaning the house, doing laundry etc... no way could I go to bed after that happened!

Was hesitant to talk about this experience -- David, my hearing impairment would prevent me from going on your show to answer any questions on this.

Very intrigued though by the 'woman in white' phenomenon.. Was to find out that it's not too uncommon though David's experience intrigues me because both he and his friend saw the the same apparition at the same time.

The Apparition I saw looked pretty solid. She didn't seem to be radiating any light or wasn't all glow-ey or anything. She was unusually pale though. I probably had a hard time sleeping after that, I honestly don't remember. I do remember pulling the blankets over my head and occassionally peeking out and going right back under. haha. I did that a lot after that happened. haha.

The Apparition I saw looked pretty solid. She didn't seem to be radiating any light or wasn't all glow-ey or anything. She was unusually pale though. I probably had a hard time sleeping after that, I honestly don't remember. I do remember pulling the blankets over my head and occassionally peeking out and going right back under. haha. I did that a lot after that happened. haha.

Oh... most definitely the one I saw looked as solid as can be (it even touched my arm and totally freaked me out when that happened!) but it also looked hyper-real and she glowed from the inside out. Once again, if you ever rent Practical Magic ... Kidman's "boyfriend" in that movie, after he died where they then did some witchcraft ritual's to bring him back again... well, the scene that occurred in the attic is a good representation of what the woman that I saw that appeared in my livingroom looked like.

And yes, the woman I saw was VERY pale.. but in my case, there were not any human face components missing from her face... and the good thing too!!
God, I would have had a heart attack if I saw what you did!!! :eek:

Dont worry about ufo's I'd love to hear more about your weird experiences! Thanks for all you have shared so far.

Bogie, this is that boyfriend of the Kidman character in Practical Magic. It's a screenshot from the movie ... and now that I'm looking at it, that woman in the funeral gown that I saw had eyes like the "ghost" that showing below -- they kind of glowed. Also, this is a low quality you tube shot but that ghost of the boyfriend in this movie looked like it also was sort of glowing from within but this compressed version of this movie is not really showing that. The DVD of that movie was showing that much more than what we are seeing here. The woman I saw had the same kind of coloring too (pasty) but was not "dirty" like what's showing here.

practicalmagicboyfreind.png

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me bringing up my own experience with the lady that I saw but I was just curious to find out if your phantom looked anything like the one that I saw. I know the face was different on yours but just wanted to make some comparisons on what the rest of her looked like and her "overall look". Once again, the woman I saw looked very solid... very 3 D, that's what made her even more scary to me. lol

Interesting. The chick I saw was pale kinda like that I guess. I don't know...I just can't compare it to anything really.

I know I saw that movie a long time ago, but I don't remember too much about it. I'm odd for a girl, I don't really care for girl movies. haha. Generally, if it has Sandra Bullock's name on it, I'm out.

Interesting. The chick I saw was pale kinda like that I guess. I don't know...I just can't compare it to anything really.

I know I saw that movie a long time ago, but I don't remember too much about it. I'm odd for a girl, I don't really care for girl movies. haha. Generally, if it has Sandra Bullock's name on it, I'm out.

I liked that movie but I know what you mean.... chick flicks are for the birds. :p

At any rate, because of that experience I had, it has helped me understand a little about what an alien abduction must be like.... very, very real -- in fact hyper-real would be a better way of putting it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, thanks for letting me talk about this and didn't mean to hijack your thread ... :)

Back