• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My experiences

dear earthling

Resistance is fertile
Hello, everyone. I'm obviously new here and am very excited to have discovered the Paracast. Many thanks to David and Gene for their insight on these tough issues and for providing a forum where we can discuss these topics openly.

I'm not really sure where to begin relating my experiences. I suppose I'll begin with something that happened when I was about 5, even though there's another event that predates it. I'm not sure just yet if I care to share that one as it could be classified as "Double Highly Weird" for lack of a better term, I suppose.

Anyway, I remember I was at the age where I was just learning to read. I had many sheets of "writing" (mostly sloppy lettering with a few legible bits here and there, primarily crayon), and I was really frustrated with my inability to get certain letters right. Probably nothing new, I'm sure it's something we've all been through. I was also taking piano lessons from a friend of my mother's and I was pretty much crap, as most any kid that age would be. I wanted to understand how to read music but it was just beyond me. I began to make up characters and symbols for the different keys on the piano so I could remember how to play little songs that I would make up.

One night my mom had tucked me in and turned out the lights. I was going over the tunes in my head, humming them to myself, just a routine I had gotten into. It kept getting later and later and I couldn't sleep. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning, I began to feel a change come over the room. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was, I just remember sensing something. I looked down at the foot of my bed and I noticed a small, dark, thin figure sitting cross legged looking back at me. For some reason, I wasn't afraid at all but I found that I couldn't move. This being began to trace its finger through the air, and I could perceive tracers of glyphs as it did so. At first they were quite simple, but they grew more and more complex as it continued. I have no idea how long it did this, but shortly after it had left I made my way across the hall and asked if I could sleep in my parents' bed.

The next day, I attempted to scribble out all of these symbols I could remember and tucked them into the box my mom and I had painted up to hold all of my "writings" and psuedo sheet music. She brought this box out one night at a tupperware party (anyone remember those? Haha) and showed them off to her friends. I thought I was going to get in trouble for the weird new pages I had hidden in the bottom of the box, but she just thought they were more music doodlings.

Fast-forward about twenty years. I'm at a book store and I'm drawn to a book entitled "The Lesser Key of Solomon" published in 1904 which is a companion grimoire to "The Greater Key of Solomon" which was published in 1888. I was shocked to find that it was full of these glyphs and symbols (seals) that were allegedly used by King Solomon to trap the upper lords of the "kingdom of hell". I believe there's about 60 of them.

I was raised strict Christian (I've since given it up in preference for knowledge and logic) and when I saw this entity, I was absolutely positive it was a demon. Now of course I realize that whatever this thing was was most likely revealing itself to me in a way that I could at least SORT of comprehend. I have no idea what it actually was. But just for the sake of conversation, why would a demon want to tell me how to trap its brothers? Maybe they were higher ranking than it and it thought maybe one day I could help it out? I will confess to having later in life gotten quite interested in the occult and I own several books like this. I've never pursued it the point where I would try to conjure up these entities, but I came sort of close a few times. Was this thing possibly aware of an alternate future for myself? Again, this is all simply for the sake of pondering and I've never written this out before. Lots of questions are bound to cross my mind.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I've got many more stories to share, and yes, you could label me an "experiencer" (never heard the term before today). I believe all of these different types of paranormal experiences we know of are connected in some strange way. I'm not sure how, and I never really gave much thought to why it should matter. To me, it's always just been a part of this reality that we don't understand. I think there is more that exists that we can't see than that which we can in this reality.

Thanks for letting me share.

I would be interested in seeing some of the glyphs you drew. I've had an encounter with what appeared to be a giant praying mantis that involved being bombarded with a stream of glyphs and 'sentences' in an unknown alphabet. I was left with the impression that whatever it was doing ,it was either having technical difficulties, or else it was in a hurry because it was doing something 'against the rules.' I'm curious if you were given any words or phrases, too. It's interesting that you devised you own system of musical notation. I'm a musician also, and developed my own system of short-hand notation when I was a teenager. I've only more recently begun to dig through more occult literature in an attempt to understand this stuff. I'm beginning to suspect that these things could be what Quabalists call 'Qliphoth.' From what I've gathered it's usually not a good idea to traffic with them.

Dear Earthling,
If you could post any of the symbols that you remember or kept that would be great. I know several "experiencers" who have been shown symbols. I have not had that particular experience.

Welcome to the paracast.

Please - I encourage you to share any of your other experiences.

I personally take a great deal of interest in the stories that don't seem to fit in (or match) what we might consider "normal" para-normal experiences.

Thanks,
Mike!

And thank you for the warm welcome, you guys.

Since deciding to start sharing this (basically last night), I've taken David's suggestions of listening to Jeff Ritzman's accounts. I just have to say that we have pretty similar views of what these things are. The experiences I've had that would fit into the "regular" ufo type of event are few, but I feel that my spirit/being encounters are from the same source. There's very little of this that I can corroborate, so I feel that I will be dealing with some amount of ridicule. I think it's definitely worth it just so I can get this out and perhaps get some good questions that will help me piece things together. To help us all understand what may be happening.

Bear with me, my dialogue for these kinds of things is limited. I do find it very therapeutic to be able to talk about this and it brings up some very old emotions.

Please,please do share more of your experiances, I too believe paranormal phenomena are inter-connected. So far what you wrote about is very Intresting. I would love to hear more!:)

I'm going to attempt to relate these incidents as chronologically as I am able, and some will seem related while others are completely solitary and from out of left field. Ha, isn't all of this? :)

I apologize for the extremely long posts, but if you'd like to get to the crux of this event, the last 4 paragraphs should suffice.

Not long after the glyph writing experience I began to have these strange recurring dreams. For some reason they terrified me, even though very little happened. In fact, I don't recall any portion of these dreams where I was even aware of self, but I was strictly observing a desert landscape. It was incredibly dry, not sand but cracked, red/brown earth. There were nothing but large, very large, boulders that filled this landscape as far as the eye could see. It was hard to gauge just how big they were, but I got the impression they could easily crush the entire house we lived in and possibly the lot the house was on. Maybe about an acre? They seemed to be about 6 feet from the ground, almost appeared to be hovering, except they were held aloft by what I can only describe as toothpicks. It left me with an extremely odd sensation of my perception of space. Here there were mere toothpicks, a couple of inches in length, holding up these massive boulders that could topple 6 feet to crush anything beneath them. I knew the stones were incredibly large and high enough for me to walk beneath, and yet the toothpicks were just normal size. It didn't make any sense to me.

I would wake up from this dream and my body would feel incredibly strange. It was as if my hands were massive, again, possibly the size of the whole house, and yet I could look at them and see and understand that they were the same as they'd always been. They were just my hands. It was hard to try and reach for things or to grip them at first, but it would go away after a couple of minutes and everything would be back to normal. But the sensation was overwhelming. I related this feeling to someone once before, and they seemed to have experienced the same thing at least at one time. It's very hard to describe, but I think it may have been David who once mentioned something about "energy mittens" or something along those lines. When I heard that, I wondered if this is what he was referring to.

Anyway, this dream scared me like nothing had before, and as I would do, I went to sleep in my parents' bed. But then it kept happening and I'd have this dream nearly every night for quite some time. Not every night, mind you, but very, very often. I would always wake up with the same sensation with the hands. (Years later, this sensation would return from time to time, but without the dream). This probably went on for 6 to 8 months or so. Eventually, within the dream, I started to realize I needed to navigate my way through this treacherous landscape, get to the other side (which it didn't seem there even was as these stones went on for what seemed like forever), and then maybe the dreams would stop. But I couldn't do it. I barely had the sensation of a physical body in the dream, and when I would will myself to take a step, nothing happened. Often times, that would be enough to wake me, but not always.

Eventually it worked. I took a step, then two, then three, and before I knew it I was underneath one of these massive stones. The toothpicks still were tiny, and yet I was underneath the stones. I walked for some time and some point I felt that I was close to getting to the other side of this playa. There was suddenly an instant of the entire landscape changing, as if the world was dropping away and I was left in a void. It happened almost instantly. The last thing I remember was seeing a white cat that seemed to be a hybrid animal of some type because it had almost human characteristics to its limbs. It had an unearthly intelligence about it and it was running towards me. In the last handful of strides it made as it was about to reach me, it rose up on its hind legs and was running like a man. It reached (attacked? I can't say) for me and I immediately snapped awake. I began screaming and crying and my mom came in to comfort me and eventually ease me back to sleep.

This was the last time I had the dream.

About 4 years later our little neighborhood store burnt down. Several months after that they rebuilt and reopened. The neighborhood kids were all excited because they were giving away candy and having a drawing for all kinds of cool prizes. My bike had been stolen a few weeks before, and I desperately wanted that cool new bike they were giving away as one of the prizes. I entered my name on the little slip of paper and put it in the box. I came back a few minutes later, and did it again. I kept doing this, trying to get my name in there as many times as I could. I was gonna win that bike, dammit! :) At one point, the guy at the counter said, "Just take the whole stack, son." Long story less long, I "won" the bike later that day. I rode that thing home like my back was on fire. My mom was really excited and told me that she had prayed to Jesus for me to win. I didn't feel like breaking her spirit, so I didn't say anything about the hundred entries I had made.

Alright, so a few weeks go by, possibly a month, and I'm riding my bike at the gravel pit my friends and I would always play at. It was maybe a block from our house across the only busy road for miles around. At one point, I set my bike down on the backside of one of these giant gravel mounds right along the treeline before it turns into Native American/Indian land. I leave it there as I go to dig in the dirt and mess around with the frogs in the swampy little pond nearby. It starts to get dark and everyone knows they need to be getting home so they don't get in trouble. For some reason, I felt a little fear creeping up on me. Couldn't figure out why, but I decided I'd leave my bike where it was (on the other side of the gravel mound from where I was) and get it the next day. So I started walking back home hoping my mom wouldn't notice me before I got in so she wouldn't ask about the bike. Sure enough, she comes out as I'm walking up the driveway and asks where my bike was. I told her, sheepishly I might add. "You go back over there and get that bicycle this instant, young man! That was a gift from God and I won't let you blah, blah, blah..." I told her I was scared. She told my brother to take me in the pickup to get the bike and get back quick for dinner.

We get to the pit and I tell my brother where the bike is. It's dark now, and he positions the truck in such a way that the headlights catch the rear wheel of the bike. The rest is obstructed by the curvature of the gravel pile. Now, for some reason, as soon as I got out of the pickup, an intense fear gripped me. I thought it was completely irrational, but never-the-less, there it was. I got back in the truck. My brother yelled at me to get it and we argued for a minute or two about it. He finally berated me to the point where my fear of him outweighed the other fear that I was now beginning to understand was ridiculous.

What I saw when I rounded that mound will forever be burned into my mind. Hunched over, almost as if inspecting the bike, was the same were-cat (that's what I've come to consider it I suppose, at least the best way I have of describing it) from that final dream years before. It looked up at me and I remember the light reflecting from the chrome of the bicycle in its eyes. It made a nearly inaudible hissing type sound, turned, made two four-legged strides, and then rose up on its hind legs and ran off into the woods.

I fucking screamed. I ran back past the truck and all the way home, crying the entire way.

My brother got the bike, came home, and didn't say anything. I never told anyone about it except my brother that night, and he had absolutely nothing to say. It was as if I didn't even mention it to him. It was only about 5 years ago when he brought it up and told me that he saw something he couldn't explain dart off that night around the other side of the gravel mound. My brother is the LEAST creative or open minded person I have ever known and we fight all the time because we see the world completely differently on every single level imaginable. But when he told me that he had seen it, something new happened to our relationship and I think it might actually help us to become closer and reach some kind of understanding of each other.

Again, I apologize for these long posts, but it really is helping me immensely to relate all of this.

That creature on your bike story was incredibly creepy. I noticed on MikeC 10 questions thread that you are another ( there are many who post here) artist. Do you have any drawings of this creature?

Has your brother been able to give you any details about what he saw or felt that night?

The sensation/perception you felt in your hands I have felt once in my teens but the difference was I felt my entire body was like that and somehow huge. It is a very strange feeling to say the least.

When I was reading your post I was wondering if you have healing abilities in your hands?

Hey, Ally. Thanks for taking the time to actually read all that.

That creature on your bike story was incredibly creepy. I noticed on MikeC 10 questions thread that you are another ( there are many who post here) artist. Do you have any drawings of this creature?

You know, I don't, and as odd as it may sound (again, I'm discovering things about myself and this is all bringing up new questions as I'm sifting through it) I've never really even thought about trying to capture it. I have a really hard time drawing/painting animals. That being said, the painting I'm working on now I'm beginning to wonder if it may be inspired by this experience. I wanted to paint the main subject as a sort of psuedo vampiric character, but covered in white fur. I just don't think I could capture it and do it any justice. Maybe I'm even a little afraid of attempting to do so. I really don't know.

Has your brother been able to give you any details about what he saw or felt that night?

Not a lot. My brother and I have a very strained relationship, and it partially has to do, at least I think, with what I consider to be the strangest thing I've ever experienced (which I'm hoping to build up the courage to share at some point) in my life. He was generally pretty cruel to me growing up. He would play really dirty tricks on me, several of which resulted in actual physical problems with my body that I still am dealing with today. All he really said to me was basically that he did indeed see something that night, he knew I wasn't making it up, and that it left him feeling strange but he didn't exactly know why. I think his mind basically argued with his eyes, and lacking any point of reference, he just kind of mentally shrugged it off. At least to some degree.

The sensation/perception you felt in your hands I have felt once in my teens but the difference was I felt my entire body was like that and somehow huge. It is a very strange feeling to say the least.

When I was reading your post I was wondering if you have healing abilities in your hands?

Oh, good! I've heard a few people now say they know what I'm referring to. I know it must sound incredibly stupid to a lot of people, and being something that's so hard to describe (at least with my limited vocabulary) I sometimes wonder if it's even worth bringing up. It could be nothing more than a chemical thing within the body, I have no idea. And no, I don't think I have any kind of healing abilities. There've been a couple of times when I was able to focus on a migraine (my own, not someone elses) and make it instantly vanish, but that's about all. I'm curious why you ask. Is there some kind of correlation you're familiar with?

Again, thanks for the questions, Ally. I'd really appreciate any more you or anyone else may have.

Jeremiah

I am not familiar with any correlation although some "experiencers" have certain psi abilities which I am not sure which came first.

I was curious if the strange feeling in your hands produced healing abilities somehow. Not that this means you a healer if you can not but are you able to wear a watch?

Hahaha! Thank you for that! I get that all the time, but not quite in the same context.

I AM able to wear a watch, but I made the conscious choice not to many years ago. I just don't like the implied control they have on the wearer. I knew a person once who had the same effect on watches as David, but I can't for the life of me remember who that was. When I heard David mention it on the podcast my head began to swim, but I just can't place it.

I was going to post another experience, but a string of events and conversations has me very emotional. It all correlates with what I've been thinking about and posting, and my friends and I have been breaking down and crying on each others' shoulders this evening.

I can't express enough the intensity for life I feel tonight and all this weekend. Something is definitely waking up within me, and a huge thank you to everyone and anyone who may be listening.

Jeremiah

I gotta tell ya, this past weekend was tough. I know I mentioned it briefly before, but I barely slept at all and found myself breaking down with a couple of close friends and getting it all out. It was tough, but there's a weight I feel coming off of me. Pretty incredible stuff, and again, I'd like to thank this forum for being the impetus of all of this.

Now while this isn't one of MY experiences, one of the girls I talked to this weekend who I've known for a few years now, related one of the most horrific experiences to me that she had been through. It's amazing what others are willing to divulge once you begin this sort of conversation. All of her friends, including myself, knew of an accident that she had had while she was in the navy. What we didn't know, and I think I'm the only one who does now, was that it was a suicide attempt. She saw the destroyed car from outside and her completely mangled body smashed inside the cab. She had a conversation with "something" in the astral realm and then found herself back in her body, positioned in such a way that she was forced to look at herself in the mirror of the car and her utterly (and I mean UTTERLY) destroyed face. She remained there for a couple of hours, deciding if she should just let herself die or not. Eventually she was able to get out of the car, but she couldn't get up the cliffside that she had driven off of. All of her limbs (and more) were broken. She was eventually rescued 2(!) days later. The navy paid for her surgeries, but they couldn't do anything about her face. She didn't tell them it was a suicide attempt. Her insurance company gave her a huge sum, and she used that money to hire a world renowned plastic surgeon in California, and they said they might be able to fix her, but she would look nothing like she had before. She's incredibly beautiful, I might add (amazing doctor!)

While she was in the hospital for all those months, she was just spiritually broken. Her mother didn't know how to help her, although obviously she desperately wanted to. She ended up buying her a little set of paints and brushes, and now this girl has devoted her life to painting portraits of her friends as they wish to become, images of them at their highest potential. They're breathtaking and she's currently working on one for me and I'm very flattered.

Anyway, this story rocked me to the core and I related my similar experience with death in a horrible wreck I was in with my younger brother. I won't go into that just now, but needless to say it was intense.

Is there anything more you can add about her conversation with the entity in the astral realm? How positive is she of this particular aspect of the experience? If find those sorts of stories fascinating.

Ive heard of something similar before where someone was in hospital dying and suddenly they are outside their body looking at themselves when they are confronted with the prototypical alien grey and given the choice of whether they want to live or not.

That was a horrific story. One thing much worse than death is a suicide attempt gone wrong. Is there a common theme going around lately is it just me?

Back