• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My experiences

Just got my internet back up and running after a big move. Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on. 4 shows and lots of posts!

Got a birthday notification from the board, so that was really nice. :)

Anyway, I've got some more experiences I'd like to share with everyone, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope everyone's been well!

I was about to post this in the "psychic abilities" thread started by Tommy Allison, but I thought that I'd put it here just so that I can keep my experience posts a little more tidy.

Originally after posting the out of body experience that happened to my friend, I was going to post my own, but I think I will post that at another time. It's a pretty emotional situation and I just don't feel like putting myself in that state right now.

Anyway, this happened some time around late 2001/early 2002. I had been in a relationship for about 3 years, and it was obviously going down hill. My girlfriend and I began to argue a lot, and I couldn't understand why. I was still madly in love with her, but her feelings were shifting.

One night, after a particularly heated argument, she left our flat and went to stay with her mother who lived only 15 or 20 minutes away. I tried to get my mind off of the fight by doing some reading, but I just couldn't let it go. I should maybe have prefaced this with the fact that there was another event between us about a year earlier that seemed to connect us on some sort of psychic level. I can go into that later if anyone cares to read it, and it is quite interesting, but I'll leave it for now. So anyway, I decide to just try and get some sleep, but my mind is just not having it.

I began to mentally trace the steps between our apartment and her mother's place. I don't remember why I was doing this, maybe it was some sort of meditation I thought might help me sleep, but underlying it all was a sense that I wanted her to know how upset I was but that I still loved her. Before I knew it, many minutes had passed and in my mind's eye I must have walked about 10 miles. I was holding a very clear image of the streets, intersections, buildings, everything, between our place and her mother's. This continued for some time longer until I saw that I was outside of her mother's apartment. I continued to watch myself enter the apartment, walk down the hall, and into my girlfriend's room where she was lying asleep in bed. (Her mom had kept it as her room simply because she hadn't much other use for it at the time.)

I remember taking a very deep breath and exhaling very slowly through my nose. In the back of my mind, I sort of shouted yet it was very muted, "Hey! This is bullshit! I love you and you love me and we shouldn't be doing this to each other!"

I snapped my eyes open and sort of felt something leave me. There was a certain intent and intensity that I didn't realize I was mustering, and a certain sense of awe and guilt overcame me. Something about it felt like more than just a "mind movie", and knowing that we had developed something of a psychic rapport, I began to wonder if she indeed did receive my message.

That very second my phone began to ring. It was very late, some time around 3 in the morning, and I thought it odd that anyone would be calling at this hour. I answered and it was her. "How dare you wake me up in the middle of the night with this!" She continued on, quite upset, but I don't really remember what she was saying. I was in shock. I explained to her what had happened, that I didn't really think she would hear me, and then we both began to cry.

It was all pretty intense, and our relationship was stronger after that. Eventually we did go our separate ways, but we still talk now and then and there's still a certain understanding there that I wonder if I'll ever be able to have with another human being.

Our modern culture doesn't raise it's children to understand that we are all seperate components of an integrated whole. Kinda takes one aback when they stumble upon the obvious.

When my uncle passed, he said goodbye to my mother, so I have no problem at all with these types of events, AnnetteMarie.

He was dying of aids, and my mother and grandfather were taking care of him in an apartment they had rented for him. Growing up, my uncle had always liked to brush my mother's hair and it was something they would do as a way of bonding and just enjoying each other's company. The night that he passed, my mother was laying on the couch in the apartment where they were taking care of my uncle. She woke up to the feeling of her hair being brushed, but no one was there. She instantly had a sinking feeling in her gut, and went to check on my uncle. My grandfather was holding my uncle in his arms with tears coming down his face, and when my mother entered the room, he informed her that my uncle had just passed. She could only simply say, "I know."

It still makes my eyes tear up whenever I think about it.

DE: Your experience reminds me of an experience of when my dad was dying of Skin Cancer and how he actually 'spoke' to me the night he died. But I'm very reluctant to share this story...

Another one happened involving my mother and brother, when his wife had been dead for a few weeks....

These experiences are not so uncommon. There were many recorded cases in history of loved ones at their time of death showing themselves to family members, wives, husbands.

If my memory serves my right, there were many reported cases of these events happening during times of war, First and Second. One a side note it would be interesting if families of soldiers currently serving have had similar experiences.

Kind of makes you think everything in connected to a single consciousness.

Anyone say BORG?

Have you spoken about this yet? I'm curious to know more, but I understand if there's some reluctancy.

Sometimes I feel like just spilling all of the experiences I've had, but it can be quite taxing. Other times I don't feel like sharing at all. The problem is, I end up writing all of these things down in one or two sittings and I think it can be a little overwhelming to both myself and the reader.

I have shared my story with a few people...

I'll share it later, I guess...(ok to do so on your thread, or shall I start a new one?)

The were-cat reminds me of the creatures in a book about strange creatures by Loren Coleman and Jerome Clark called Creatures of the Goblin World. The book was first printed in 1978, and my book is from a later printing, 1984. I've had the book for a long time.

The small being and the glyphs is another whole area of strangeness.

You indeed have had some very strange experiences!

Back