• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

More Twitter Help Please!

Gene you need to follow more people.

Thats why I think you should have setup an @Paracast account. Most people you follow will follow you back and that will lead to more followers and so on...

Just mine followers and following lists of people you know are interested and it should build from there.

The Aliens keep killing my phones. I'm switching back to smoke-signals and talking-drums. Bastards won't even let me have a watch.

Thats why I think you should have setup an @Paracast account. Most people you follow will follow you back and that will lead to more followers and so on...

Just mine followers and following lists of people you know are interested and it should build from there.
I can change the user name, probably without losing follows. So would it be twitter.com/gene@theparacast?

If they allow it, maybe do one for your tech show, and one for The Paracast.

I noticed you asked Whitley about coming on the show. Let us know what he says if he replies.

I don't have a twitter account yet. Maybe some day.

I can change the user name, probably without losing follows. So would it be twitter.com/gene@theparacast?

Absolutely. Then go around following shit loads of people. Dont worry you wouldnt have to actually pay attention to the feed... jut use it as an outgoing promotional thing for the show. Im positive if its called @TheParacast everyone you follow that is interested will follow you back.

Look at Eerie Radio. They have over 110 followers already from apparently using that approach.

Then you could use @GeneSteinberg for personal/family tweets.

not really. Its more random/people you dont know. Facebook for me is people I actually know in real life.

(well mostly anyway)

Absolutely. Then go around following shit loads of people. Dont worry you wouldnt have to actually pay attention to the feed... jut use it as an outgoing promotional thing for the show. Im positive if its called @TheParacast everyone you follow that is interested will follow you back.

Look at Eerie Radio. They have over 110 followers already from apparently using that approach.

Then you could use @GeneSteinberg for personal/family tweets.
It doesn't take the "@", so I just made it:

Gene Steinberg (TheParacast) on Twitter.

That change still leaves the followers intact -- I hope. :)

Nice.

Now to follow people and get the ball rolling. (actually having 73 followers already without actually following people to get them is pretty impressive)

Gene, I just asked Twitter expert Mac Tonnies for any suggestions, and he suggested mentioning it on the show.

Thats seems like a good idea to me too. Maybe a quick message at the start that the Paracast is now on Twitter etc. I bet youd get a few followers that way.

Also on the front page of theparacast.com? Maybe a "Follow us on twitter" button.

Gene, I just asked Twitter expert Mac Tonnies for any suggestions, and he suggested mentioning it on the show.

Thats seems like a good idea to me too. Maybe a quick message at the start that the Paracast is now on Twitter etc. I bet youd get a few followers that way.

Also on the front page of theparacast.com? Maybe a "Follow us on twitter" button.
Nobody has more messages in a single day than Mac. :)

I even invited him here to be able to post messages with more than 140 characters, but he's addicted.

In any case, yes to the last two suggestions. We should have a button up soon, and we'll also mention it on the show.

If nobody's suggested this yet, might it be possible to have Twitter Ids (where they exist) added to people's profiles?

Just a thought.

By the way, I think Twitter would be an excellent way of spreading word of paranormal/UFO events as they happen, while they're still fresh.

I just told my brother who is a new listener to make sure he follows you guys, Discusing the show is part of our weekly discourse. Keep up the good work Gene and Chris!

OK, I've set up an account on Twitter:

Gene Steinberg (GeneSteinberg) on Twitter

I'd love to see more people following us, as I do include updates for this and the tech show on an almost-daily basis.

Advice on spreading our Twitter presence is also welcomed. :)

Just added you . . . . Keith (I should never read tweets at work because I laugh out loud and everyone asks what’s funny and I have to say this excel spreadsheet)

Well, I don't have a @genesteinberg on Twitter at the present time. That belongs to someone else with the same name.

My two Twitter accounts are @theparacast and @technightowl.

Just wanted to clarify the present with the past. We could still use help in making it work better.

I followed the other Gene for a minute or two... the time to read some tweets and wonder... what no mention of the paracast? Now following the good one:)

If you do that you hit a follow limet at 2000 at wich point you cannot follow anyone untill you have a certain following/followed by ratio, so my advice would be to choose who you follow carfully. Also the more people you follow the more junk tweets you will get and you might miss information that would otherwise peek your interest if overheard.

I know this from experience. Though you do get a follow back ratio of about 1 to 4 if you follow whoever. Its not the best way to build social cred on twitter, you just look better if you have a more balanced follow ratio 2/1 is good below that it starts to look sketchy.

Back