• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Moonshot

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
A few days ago I Tivoed the two hour movie "Moonshot" on the History Channel and last evening watched it. It was kind of a thumbnail sketch of Apollo 11. James Marsters (probably best known as SPIKE on the old Buffy the Vampire Slayer series) played Edward "Buzz" Aldrin. All in all an enjoyable two hours. The reason I mention this however, is that about 1 hour and 13 minutes into the flick, Apollo 11 is on route to the Moon. Aldrin sees some flashes out the window and calls attention to Armstrong and Collins. They all look, question what it is and call Houston to find out the position of the SB4 rocket. (about 6,000 miles from the command module.) Aldrin wants to report the "UFO" but they decide not to.

I found it very interesting that this historical fact was included in the movie. Anyone have any thoughts?

Decker

Well I found this extremely interesting in how "straight" they played that scene. No woo-woo BS, just a real mystery in the unidentified sighting. I gotta admit, raised hair on the back of my neck.

And ... I really enjoy James Marsters, a very good actor. He did Aldren proud.

Decker

The one and three (and 1/3 and 13 and 33) are just numbers from sacred math that seem to be "following" me around lately. along with 4:44, nothing much, just weird.

I've noticed more and more UFO based content on TV lately. From movies to a more "serious" (for lack of a better word) mention in documentaries. Whether it be a loosening of the lips for the sake of profit or some ulterior motive or that it's just coming to the forefront as it's on more and more people's minds, I'm not really surprised to hear about stuff like this... wary, but not surprised.

They all look, question what it is and call Houston to find out the position of the SB4 rocket. (about 6,000 miles from the command module.) Aldrin wants to report the "UFO" but they decide not to.

I found it interesting as well. Not sure if they would have used the term 'ufo' but rather the pilots term bogie.

Not a bad film. Clever editing with the archival footage and dramatization. Overall I enjoyed it.

That's really cool that they included that. One thing I liked a lot about the movie Apollo 13 was they included some things I didn't expect them to. Made it more interesting. I hardly ever watch TV any more, but for a while I was a fan of the short-lived series The Cape. I thought they did a good job of dealing with some things that weren't obvious. It seemed to be well written, too. Any other fans of that show 'round these parts?

Ha ha! No, no... I seen through his bullish, "you only question me because you're not as smart as me" alternate response to questioning years ago. :p

Great observation on Hoagland, ANorthern. I can hear him now..."AAAAHHHHHhhhh, so now you are getting to the REAL question, which NO ONE has asked yet, except of course for me."

Back