• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

moon anomolies challange

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
ok heres the deal lets see if we cant put this to bed for good. there are thousands of pics of strange things on the moon some myself and trainedoberver have reviewed from "somebody else is on the moon". so lets find recent pics of the SAME areas that the objects show up in and lets see if we can find them with better more recent pics of the SAME area! after all an odd stucture seen in 1980 SHOULD be seen in more detail in 2011! so if ppl are intrested lets get started in seeing if these things can be made out OR are they just rocks....

I don't think 'somebody else is on the moon' has any good anomalies. He uses his imagination too much.

Anyhow, the means exist to remove objects from modern lunar images. Plus, no other nation will be able to provide you with images of similiar resolution, so this all make comparisons even more difficult.

Here I demonstrate how easy it is to modify lunar images - this took me less than 10 seconds to do:

The original:

Modified with original at beginning:
anim_f6a8916b-78ce-ac44-b59c-f4f3481b4262.gif

Now imagine what a salaried professional could do to these images.

ok heres the deal lets see if we cant put this to bed for good. there are thousands of pics of strange things on the moon some myself and trainedoberver have reviewed from "somebody else is on the moon". so lets find recent pics of the SAME areas that the objects show up in and lets see if we can find them with better more recent pics of the SAME area! after all an odd stucture seen in 1980 SHOULD be seen in more detail in 2011! so if ppl are intrested lets get started in seeing if these things can be made out OR are they just rocks....

One of the major problems I have run into is cross-referencing the east-coast NASA photo numbers with those available online and through the LROC site for example. Someone has bound to have sussed this out by now after all these years.

The photo that Anax used above is the last one Ranger 7 took before it crashed. Here are the coordinates and a link to a high resolution image of the area. The crater in question is in the upper left hand corner of the photograph. It is oriented differently which I corrected in the photo/sketch comparison.

Go to the IROC browser and plug in the long/lat (-10.60/-20.69) into the browser. The photo was taken at around 5 km so use the slider on the left to take you 5 km. Play find the crater. Note the orientation of the Ranger photo and the lighting conditions are different than the image displayed in the browser making it more difficult to find said crater.

First one to locate it gets a no-prize and bragging rights.

Back