• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mirage Men and DMR

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of years ago is when I first heard about the book Mirage Men. I was very interested in reading it because I had been in the middle of many of the events described in the book, as they happened. I ordered it from Amazon, and after several months I finally received it. I was not disappointed. Oh yeah, and I waited for the doc. to come out. Last Friday on DMR, with Rich and Greg Bishop, we discussed the doc. a bit and I said I still had not seen it. Well, a DMR fan in the UK sent me a note that "Mirage Men" is now available on Netflix. I have Netflix and just watched it today. If you have not yet viewed this, do so. A fascinating excursion into the smoke and mirrors of the UFO universe! And oh yeah, DMR is live tonight starting at 9:00 PM Pacific Time only on CyberstationUSA! Go to www.dqrm.com See ya on the radio!

Decker

Mirage Men.jpg

Excellent Don. I am actually watching it right now ;) Looking forward to UFO's Tonite! .... oops i mean Dark Matters Radio!

Thanks Don for the heads up on Mirage Men. As Ward said Friday Night on open lines it was it was great to finally have faces to go with all these people.

Food for thought I took away from the Mirage Men movie

Richard Doty's ID listed his pay grade as only E-5
Serpo story traced back to Richard Doty
How uncomfortable Robert Emenegger was talking about the Holloman UFO movie
Bill Moore's connections with CIA, book reintroducing Roswell incident, MJ-12 documents and the Paul Benniwitz affair
Linda Howe is a sincere ETH believer period

I'm sure others caught things I missed.

Last edited:
On last night's DMR we really covered a lot on this story, Mirage Men, Paul Bennewitz, Richard Doty, etc. ... if you are interested in this saga let me suggest you catch this show....

Decker

Don, I think I need to PM you about finding your interviews online. I always enjoy the ones I find, but I can't often find the ones I want. I would especially like to hear this one. My online skills aren't the best.

Mirage Men is definitely worth watching. Vance's observations seem very astute. My take on Doty is someone who comes across as not very professional and even downright phony. Is he someone 'wound up and turned loose' by handlers to "spread the word" ? Or maybe a kind of proactive wannabee? It's hard to say.

The movie is on Netflix and the DMR discusion is at
http://www.dqrm.com/shows/DMR/2014/wk30/dmr-36-f.mp3.

DMR and The Paracast are like C2C for adults.
Does anyone have a better app for android for the DMR podcasts? I use doggcatcher and it always seems to be behind on the friday call in shows. Right now the latest one downloaded is from 8/29. It also doesn't have any of the other broadcasts from the week. I am on the road a lot so I like to listen to the show via podcast.

Does anyone have a better app for android for the DMR podcasts? I use doggcatcher and it always seems to be behind on the friday call in shows. Right now the latest one downloaded is from 8/29. It also doesn't have any of the other broadcasts from the week. I am on the road a lot so I like to listen to the show via podcast.
I use Sticher for both the Paracast and for DMR (they also have Martin Willis' PodcastUFO and a couple others) I like the fact that it saves your place even if you switch to another podcast. And it has a sleep timer which is great since I usually fall asleep at night with some sort of podcast on...

AS a side note, I was listening to an IRN show there last week, and the host (won't mention her name but she's pretty out-there) was either drunk or on alot of her pain meds, it was interesting/entertaining in a train crash sort of way. Chris was actually on her show a couple weeks back...

I had to watch Mirage Men a few times and I listened to an interview with Mark a few times. It was and is really hard not to lash out from my gut, the documentary was very objective and neither embraced nor repealed any of the thoughts currently moving through ufology. My first watching left me feeling that Doty should be prosecuted for murder and I really did not understand what was really being presented here. In the end I felt somewhat horrified and disappointed in our Government, I am wondering what sort of reality I am living in now. The phrase, "trust no one." Has taken on new meaning. Everything is suspect now in my eyes, what is truth, is my truth, truth? Ufology is riddled with these 'Mirage Men' but then it seems everything we are being spoon fed is. I am sure the founding father's are rolling in their graves, what has happened to the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Have we really traded away or freedoms to live in the Security State? Am I just waiting for one of our local police officers to say to me; "Papers please!" And then I will step into the cargo van with the blacked out windows to be never seen again? What dark times we are living in. In the end I will swallow the lump of fear in my throat and continue thank God that I do live in America and I am still free (not has free as I used to be) and this is still the best place on earth to live. Bring on the next guest, let's keep this party going... The truth is out there, no pun intended.

Back