• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mind-blowing perspective on size

Speaking of size, here is Jacques Vallee discussing the equally mind-blowing proportions of his ... OK, I'll leave it at that. :)

vallee2.jpg

Is it any wonder we feel so small as a race.... man there's a lot of space out there or as Douglas Adams put it " you think walking to the shop is a long way....."

@WWKIRK - I think you should post that link under a few different thread names - solely because it would be a crying shame if people were unlucky enough to not to use the software. I have seen animations showing how big galaxies etc were in relation to us, but this software goes to the really small and the really big so well.
I don't think it is even possible for humans to wrap our brains round scale. We may think we have a handle on it but really we can never truly appreciate things so small or so large in relation to ourselves.
I am convinced all paracast forum members would want to see that program. I for one am truly indebted to you for sharing - but that's what the forum is for and I'm thankful for it!

Really puts things in perspective; I'm now going to crawl up under the Half Dome. I wonder how long a scaled scroll bar would be? (Otherwise, as humans, we could claim to be over half the size of the Universe.) Great tune too, I have it running in the background in my office now -- I feel like I'm in a Star Trek movie.

Back