• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Michael Horn & The Billy Meier Contacts

Do you believe the Billy Meier Contacts and Evidence Are Real?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not Sure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An omission in the "press release"

We noticed that Horn didn't include the name of The Paracast show in his "press release", so Gene asked him to add it. Here's his response:

You can chase down anyone you want and give them your web addresses,
I'm not obligated to do so. Don't worry about spelling, when it's
ready...it'll be perfect.

Perfect, yup, Mr. Horn is all about the perfection.

David Biedny said:
We noticed that Horn didn't include the name of The Paracast show in his "press release", so Gene asked him to add it. Here's his response:

You can chase down anyone you want and give them your web addresses,
I'm not obligated to do so. Don't worry about spelling, when it's
ready...it'll be perfect.

Perfect, yup, Mr. Horn is all about the perfection.
Well, perhaps he took that statement in the movie "A Few Good Men" too literally: You can't handle the truth! Oh well, so long as our names are spelled correctly.

What I find really amazing is that Horn hasnt posted very much on the whole affair on his yahoogroups board/email releases. Thats usually the spot where he pretends to have "won" a debate after in reality, being ground to dust over, and over.
~Jeff

Those blanked out names

I wonder... that doctor saw a printout of this forum, with all names removed, and was asked to comment on the mental state of the two.

Caracas is nowhere near Mexico. Guess you changed that. Beep.

"Leaving Freudian interpretations aside for now, such things as
reporting being genuinely terrified by a flying cigar in Mexico, as a
young child, could indeed lead to traumas that might affect one's
behavior as an adult, " said Dr. S.....M...., a clinical psychiatrist
in practice in Los Angeles, California, who was shown copies of
Biedny's rambling, accusatory comments, which omitted Biedny's name
"UFOs have long been associated with various lore and even archetypal
imagery connected to man's collective unconscious," said Dr. M.....,
"Of course, without examining the individual, no one can give a
qualified diagnosis but I personally would recommend that someone who
has expressed such tenacious concerns and apparent obsession with the
phenomena, and in attacking another person's own claims (whatever
validity they may ultimately prove to have)
should consider exploring
the matter with a trained, dispassionate therapist
, if for no other
reason than to possibly bring some clarity and assurance to the
person."

So let me get this straight, I'm the one with the "tenacious concerns and apparent obsession with the phenomena, attacking another person's own claims (whatever validity they may ultimately prove to have)" and you're the other, unnamed guy?

Gotcha. Let's talk to the doctor, as in NOW. You're mentally ill.

dB

Did this thread die without a single response to the photo analyst from any of the meier's believers? :eek:

Well, a couple of days ago I received a mail from Mr. Horn where he was a bit more civilized yet asked a lot of personal questions like what I do for a living. Having learned from past experiences that being totally honest with some characters just leaves the door wide open for subsequent attacks I decided to wait a while with replying and reconsider how I would reply. Of course this morning I received another mail from him this time titled with "I thought so" wherein he says that his questions were "to big a brain stumper" for me. What amazes me the most is that I should 'play' honest while he 'flip-flops' all over the place. Anyway, I'll see if and when I reply.

He did the same with me Terra. WHen I told him what I did he called me a liar. He's just a waste of time. I wouldn't bother emailing him back, he will just keep responding because he has got to have the last word. Even when I blocked his email address he came back at me from a yahoo account.

Aspie said:
He did the same with me Terra. WHen I told him what I did he called me a liar. He's just a waste of time. I wouldn't bother emailing him back, he will just keep responding because he has got to have the last word. Even when I blocked his email address he came back at me from a yahoo account.

It's not because he needs the last word, it because the longer you speak, the more he has to misquote and out-of-context quote you from later. He's done this with many of the Meier "experts", and he continues to do it with any detractors of the case.

Gene and Dave, great interview with horn. Some of the things he said in the interview were laughable. When he mentioned Meier's hand, he said the doctors told Meier the damage was too severe, ?go home and come back in a couple of weeks and we'll see what we can do.? I do not know any doctor that would simply say that. Horn should get a spot on Saturday Night Live. It's absurd. Then of course the aliens fixed Meier's hand. I think I would have taken the arm when they offered it.

If Horn expects me to believe him based on his photos, recordings and video, he's as crazy as Meier. I've made better pictures in Photoshop myself. The recordings sound like something they recorded from the outer limits and the video is downright hilarious.

It appears to me that the alien in that video is indeed intoxicated or never passed his spaceship driving test. The ship flew back and forth wobbling about as though it's so unstable it's going to crash. I fly my remote control airplanes better than that alien flew his spaceship. In fact, that may very well be what it is-a remote controlled hover craft of somekind. It surely looks like it from the video.

An advanced alien spacecraft would not seem so unstable. There's no way that craft traveled millions of miles through space. And where's the rest of the video? Why only a few seconds of it? I'd like to see the thing fly into the sky instead of wobbling around a tree. You'd think the guy filming it would have more footage than that to show? Real? I don't think so.

I am a new listener to the paracast. I have enjoyed the three episodes I have heard so far. I just wanted to post because I listened to the whole Billy Meier Contacts shows and have just read about 19 pages on this thread. At first it was amusing, but after 19 pages, I figured I should spend my Saturday doing other things and stop wasting my time. The first time I saw those photos I thought they were fake and I'm not an expert. For a while I was trying to see everything from Mr. Horn's perspective and maybe you guys are the pranksters of something even bigger... but after reading all that I've read its completely obvious that the Michael Horn & The Billy Meier Contacts thing is rubbish. Thanks for debunking this one guys! Maybe there should be a podcast out there devoted to debunking hoaxes...

meciar said:
I am a new listener to the paracast. I have enjoyed the three episodes I have heard so far. I just wanted to post because I listened to the whole Billy Meier Contacts shows and have just read about 19 pages on this thread. At first it was amusing, but after 19 pages, I figured I should spend my Saturday doing other things and stop wasting my time. The first time I saw those photos I thought they were fake and I'm not an expert. For a while I was trying to see everything from Mr. Horn's perspective and maybe you guys are the pranksters of something even bigger... but after reading all that I've read its completely obvious that the Michael Horn & The Billy Meier Contacts thing is rubbish. Thanks for debunking this one guys! Maybe there should be a podcast out there devoted to debunking hoaxes...
Actually we are working on something and we'll let you listeners know about it shortly.

Theorist said:
I've made better pictures in Photoshop myself. The recordings sound like something they recorded from the outer limits and the video is downright hilarious.
I think thats part of the point Meier didn't have Photoshop in 1975! Meier must be considered a great trickster if he was that good at it back then.

This video show the ships locations.

ufoman said:
Theorist said:
I've made better pictures in Photoshop myself. The recordings sound like something they recorded from the outer limits and the video is downright hilarious.
I think thats part of the point Meier didn't have Photoshop in 1975! Meier must be considered a great trickster if he was that good at it back then.
It surprises me that you hear but you don't see. In fact, it's regrettable. David explained very carefully in this forum and on the show that you don't need image editing software to create the image he analyzed. A photo enlarger circa that era would have served nicely to produce the picture in question from two negatives placed one atop the other.

But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Neither H--- (I no longer feel comfortable using his name), nor any other Meier supporter has presented any rebuttals to David's analysis. Instead they change the subject, or bring up irrelevant issues that have nothing whatever to do with the matter.

Next . . .

Gene, you don't even want to credit the guy for being a good trickster. What about the other images?

ufoman said:
Gene, you don't even want to credit the guy for being a good trickster.

No, I think he's a bad trickster. The quality of the work is pathetic, and it's amazing so many have been taken in.

Gene Steinberg said:
ufoman said:
Theorist said:
It surprises me that you hear but you don't see. In fact, it's regrettable. David explained very carefully in this forum and on the show that you don't need image editing software to create the image he analyzed. A photo enlarger circa that era would have served nicely to produce the picture in question from two negatives placed one atop the other.

But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Neither H--- (I no longer feel comfortable using his name), nor any other Meier supporter has presented any rebuttals to David's analysis. Instead they change the subject, or bring up irrelevant issues that have nothing whatever to do with the matter.

Next . . .

I do see gene. I wasn't suggesting that he used Photoshop. I was just stating that we have done some super things like that using the software.

In college we did use negative overlay to create some abstract photographs. It was trial and error but we got pretty good at it after some practice and it did look somewhat authentic if you could keep things in scale. There were times in our experiments with this that some portions of the photo were darker where the negatives overlaid.

Theorist said:
I do see gene. I wasn't suggesting that he used Photoshop. I was just stating that we have done some super things like that using the software.

In college we did use negative overlay to create some abstract photographs. It was trial and error but we got pretty good at it after some practice and it did look somewhat authentic if you could keep things in scale. There were times in our experiments with this that some portions of the photo were darker where the negatives overlaid.

You know, Hollywood was able to produce some pretty convincing special effects before we had Photoshop and affordable computers, and UFO tricksters were quite inventive in the old days, even if the results weren't too convincing.

Theorist said:
do you think he had help from perhaps someone in the business?

The photos are fairly amateurish. I think movie professionals would have done a much better job faking those pictures. They would work more carefully to eliminate the blatant flaws that so many have discovered.

While I realize most people, while perfectly intelligent, aren't skilled in photo trickery, I'm surprised there isn't more skepticism here. Holding models on a string and photographing them against a background of trees or buildings is old school.

and your opinion of the video gene?

i started flying and building remote controlled airplanes way back in grade school. my 6th grade teacher turned out to be my inspiration and later became my partner. he had thousands of dollars worth of remote controlled air craft.

in the '70s most ufo sightings were the typical saucer shaped craft. he had built a craft from a kit that mimicked the typical saucer shaped ufo. the craft was big, seven feet in diameter using fans to give it lift. it was very hard to fly. he could fly it but he got a lot of wobble when he hovered like the one in the video. i don't think the video shows a model on a string; i think it may be a remote controlled craft because of the manner in which it flew. they did have remote controlled stuff at that time.

also wondering gene, in your opinion what ufo stories do you find most credible? i think the walton case is worth attention and surely the hill case. like you, i put very little credibility in the meier claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back