• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May Peace Reign - 2011

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Here on the last day of 2010, my wife and I send wishes for all of you to have and look forward to a peaceful and prosperous 2011. (And who knows? Maybe we might even make progress with the UFO question ... although I do have my doubts!! LOL)

Decker :p

I was watching an old rerun the other day, of Back To The Future, where Michael J. Fox has to go forward to help his problematic kids. The year is 2015, and everyone has their own flying car, which is feuled from any throwaway matter you put into an engine recepticle. This was making me remember the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey and the cartoon series The Jetsons. Then I am looking at how much we have NOT advanced, except for cell phones and the internet. Cancer is STILL a death sentence. You could go on and on with examples. What is to blame for us running in place and going nowhere? (Not a trick question. WTF is going on with us? Inquiring Minds Want To Know!)

Let's hope this year will turn out better for everyone...2010 has been horrible for me, but hope is a fool's gold. All the best for the new year.

(Lost someone i n Afghanistan, didn't want to fuck up the mood :) )

... peace on Earth, good will toward men!

happy-new-year-2011-odometer_design.jpg

A good start would be for civilised nations to put war in perspective and resist the corrupting seduction of militarism -to that end I recommend this speech of Faramir from The Two Towers (by J.R.R. Tolkien of course):
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor; and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

A good start would be for civilised nations to put war in perspective and resist the corrupting seduction of militarism -to that end I recommend this speech of Faramir from The Two Towers (by J.R.R. Tolkien of course):
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor; and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Yes Kevin, you make some good points. However, let us not forget the young men and women who are willing to put on a uniform and stand between those that would do us grievous harm and our homes and families. May peace reign ... YES but not the peace that comes from surrender.

Decker

Back