• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 20, 2012-The Aztec Incident: Recovery at Hart Canyon

Thanks Gene.

For the record, Gene and I go back to the early 60's in New York, when I ran a weekly talk show about the offbeat, and where Gene was a frequent and welcome guest, along with other of the New York greats.

Gene has gone on to become a top. polished broadcaster in this field, and he has my professional respect - far more than "Brand X", who is a fraud, winging it on cheap throw-away lines and prompts from his producer. Gene and Chris actually know what they're talking about, and that's clear in every show.

For those who missed it, check out "Voices From the Past". That's where Gene and I - not to mention Tim Beckley - got our starts. We're a group of old friends.

Pax Vobiscum.
Bob

Gene, they didn't. They just evolved - like us. This stuff will be around for a very long time. It's all cyclical. So far, this field is about 6,000 years old, according to Vedic Science. It's like deja vue. As I listen to the shows, it all seems so familiar, and takes us both back 50 years.

There's nothing new under the sun, just new people who never heard it before.

I was apparently mistaken as the ET's imploded rather than fried. As at the time I was unaware that I had twice been bitten by the dreaded Brown Recluse, and had become a bit giddy. As most any myth were to have it there may have been a grain of truth embedded. For instance the slab could have been used for a test launch. Then I would ask who owned the land where the slab is located? Then I would suggest that a large enough sample be removed from the slab to be tested in order to ascertain the density or PSI (pounds per square inch) rating. Since concrete only strengthens with time, someone should be able to match the PSI along with the comprised compounds of the sample, comparing them with military standards of that era. The PSI and related compounds may suggest if the slab may have been constructed to contain a rocket's thrust and weight, or as for a load bearing surface. If it were determined that the slab was constructed for load bearing only, one may be able to determine what equipment may be loaded onto that surface. The bigger question is, if in fact this was a UFO in the Alien sense, a logical thought would be why weren't they retrieved by their comrades? When I hear that a “button” was pushed and a stairway appeared, that to me sounds so sci-fi fifties, and rather hokey. And last but not least is the Baptist Minister serving last rites, and then holding a memorial service for our out of this world friends, no can do. This is not to say that the perpetuation of these types of myths may have some bearing on the phenomenons themselves, but one may find it incredibly difficult to reconcile this alleged event.

"People who talk in cliches live cliched lives".

I don't know who or what you're referring to, but the following can be said:

There’s nothing really wrong with clichés, because they are the result of repeated observations of phenomena that no one has found a better way of expressing.

Everything in Nature is a cliché, because natural phenomena are based on Natural Law, which is also a form of “cliché”. Philosophically dull, perhaps, but it works, and many find it beautiful.

So much energy is lost in trying to re-invent the wheel or be "original", because each new generation wastes time trying to disprove the previous generations, only to learn that they were right in the first place. Alas, by this time, the new generation has, itself, become the “old”. But that realization comes too late, which is why our collective cultural and intellectual progress is so slow. And on and on it goes. It’s all cyclical. Another form of cliché.

I think the above comments can also be applied to paranormal research.

Or as the French put it: "If youth only would; if age only could…”

The New Mexican desert is a spooky place in more ways than one.

It was a good interview and I will probably give it a second listening. Must say, I put Aztec in a very gray basket somewhere between Roswell and No-Way. It' not hard to believe something strange happened at that time and place. If so, I would almost bet on it being of earthly origin.

At least we know what a $500,000 obsession will get you. About 30 hours of podcast fame and a few book sales. :eek:

Nice historical piece, nice folks (seem to be), nice delivery, nice, nice, nice.

I took a UFO tour in the southwest, recently, and one of the places we stopped was Kingman, AZ. We had a presentation by a guy by the name of Harry Drew (nice enough fellow). Harry told us stories of multiple saucer crashes in the 1952 - 1953 time frame. I was wondering what the "word on the street" was for these crashes? Harry is intending to publish a book and make a documentary DVD on the Kingman crashes. Thoughts?

You haven't read the book, obviously. Maybe you should and then let us know your conclusions. It probably won't convince you, but I do not have the impression writing stopped in 2005 and that they did nothing more in the ensuing 7 years.

I don't think Randall would want to get involved. He's too busy with his Roswell "Dream Team" these days to sort out that affair.

Back