• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

It is very complicated, I understand you feel that the law was broken, but unfortunately it is going to be hard to prove, especially given that they claim they were mistaken, remember you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty of deliberate fraud.
Being stupid is not a crime, or I would have been locked up long ago ;)

The point I am trying to make is that it is probably wiser to seek professional legal advice, rather than try to understand all the legal loopholes and minutia our selves.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see all the monies returned, but this a moral position, rather than a legal one.

The only power we have at the moment, is where we chose to spend our money, or rather who we give it to.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but putting a copyright symbol on someone else's work is not the most legal thing to do.
as in:
dolanlied.jpg

Unless I am mistaken, and Pegasus studio owns the rights to reproduce Peanuts/Charlie Brown.

Your comparison, using a vehicle sale fraud, is way off. People paid money to see 70 year old slides of what the presenters coined as ET. I do not believe a judge would ever entertain the idea that the audience was duped, or that any kind of illegal fraud was perpetrated. Sure, it's easy for those of us who keep up to date with all things "flying saucer" to agree the audience was duped- but again, what do you expect when looking at Maussan's name attached to this gathering. A simple google search of his name prior to spending one's tax rebate on a trip to mexico is a no brainer. Heck, I google an author's name before I read anything ufo/paranormal not just to save coin, but not to waste my time on known phoney's.

Roswell has become a brand name that sells. That + Maussan = $ ,with no substance or interesting data to be expected. I have to assume most of those who spent money on this reveal had the money to spend, and couldn't have walked in with high expectations.

Did anyone actually MAKE the trip to Mexico from abroad, just to attend the event? I'm still under the impression that everyone at the auditorium were locals.

It's not complicated, an Attorney would wipe the Floors with these guys especially after they are forced to reveal their emails and Discovery is done. Civil law does not have to be proven conclusively like Criminal even in criminal these clowns would be shot down in flames. So by your definition a person that actually thought they held a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge could sell it to someone and then beat the Law by claiming I thought I had the real deed to the Brooklyn Bridge? Nonsense. You people make so sense at all. Intention or harm caused with forknowledge would only be one charge of many. Honestly their acts their hiding of the slides, the build up, the Pay Per View the 10,000 seating, the blanking out of the placard on and on proves and will prove their intentions and pre-planning to deceive and defraud.

Last edited:
Intention or perception has nothing to do with prosecution. If you rob a bank to pay a little old ladies mortgage you still get prosecuted. Your assumptions are ludicrous.

This is NOT A MORAL ISSUE NOR A LEGAL ISSUE IT'S BOTH! These guys ripped off thousands of people are now apologizing but make no moves toward returning a dime.... WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

Last edited:
It's not complicated, an Attorney would wipe the Floors with these guys especially after they are forced to reveal their emails and Discovery is done. Civil law does not have to be proven conclusively like Criminal even in criminal these clowns would be shot down in flames.

I don't want to use these forums to engage in a legal discussion - there are other kinds of forums where that can be done - but I agree with previous posters that it would not be an easy case. My own area of practice is in a completely different area of the law (I could help you if you took far more drastic action, but I trust that is very unlikely), so I would not offer an expert opinion. But I sat on a civil jury in a fraud case. The plaintiffs had a very good attorney but could not show that the defendants had an intent to defraud at the time the events happened. They lost on that claim. In this case, I could see ample room for a defense and a court hesitant to go too far in claims involving the subject matter.

The one piece of advise that I always give is that a court is a terrible place to get emotional satisfaction. Ultimately, I think the response here should be something far more internal to the "community" itself. Don't buy the next book. Tell organizers of events that you will not be attending because their speakers include certain people. Speakers can also tell that to organizers - I recall Chris making a statement that he would not have gone to an event if he had know that a certain psychic fraudster was going to be on the podium. Until and unless those participating in the arena as either an audience member or as a featured speaker demand certain standards, we will continue to get what we deserve.

Anyone who feels that strongly that laws were broken should get legal representation and use their own money to bring suit. Tell us how that works out.

I wrote this on the 6th of may:

"This situation has some similarity to the recent Boxing Match (mayweather vs pacquiao) in which one of the fighters knew he was "injured" and is now being sued:
BBC Sport - Manny Pacquiao sued after shoulder injury dishonesty claims

If the slides are fake, I don't understand why the same principal will not apply.

To be more clear: why won't the rights of the paying customers be defended in the same way, after all they payed money in good faith to see something that is allegedly not as advertised.

In any other walk of life perjury is a crime, even something as corrupt as Boxing expects their to be consequences, if you are found guilty of lying.
"

here: The Roswell Slides Have Been Leaked Online | Page 37 | The Paracast Community Forums

Well the thing is the slides are not faked or forged, it was the interpretation of what was shown that caused the issue, and it is going to be extremely difficult to prove that was anything other than stupid.

The worst thing is that Maussan and co's track record is quite strong evidence of them lacking good judgement.

I would suggest letting it go, because getting angry will not do you any good, or as I said before get some expert legal advice, but this could be extremely costly.

Please don't get me wrong I believe they did it knowingly, but I can not prove it.

Here's some mandatory listening for those who want a clear deconstruction and breakdown of everything that the ufological community was not told about the slides. This recent episode from Radio Misterioso features all former Paracast guests and hosts including: Curt Collins, Lance Moody and Paul Kimball. There is a special appearance by RedPillJunkie to top it off. This is an exceptional episode that takes you through all the strong research of the RSRG and how they traced and uncovered the important evidence that should have been shared with audiences prior to the May 5th event and why it wasn't. Lessons learned for everyone here.

The Roswell Slides Explained | Radio Misterioso

This is highly informative and demonstrates how belief systems are manufactured by those who are UFO promoters and mythmakers. All the hype around the event looks pretty shoddy when you see how the RSRG pulled back the curtain to expose all the hidden critical pieces of information including the placard debate. This is unadulterated slideshow sideshow revelation. It is hilarious, sad, critical and an excellent bit of exposure of those that would manufacture UFO mythology. It is highly instructive and demonstrates in detail why skeptical thinking is a necessity in this field.

I wrote this on the 6th of may:

"This situation has some similarity to the recent Boxing Match (mayweather vs pacquiao) in which one of the fighters knew he was "injured" and is now being sued:
BBC Sport - Manny Pacquiao sued after shoulder injury dishonesty claims

If the slides are fake, I don't understand why the same principal will not apply.

To be more clear: why won't the rights of the paying customers be defended in the same way, after all they payed money in good faith to see something that is allegedly not as advertised.

In any other walk of life perjury is a crime, even something as corrupt as Boxing expects their to be consequences, if you are found guilty of lying.
"

here: The Roswell Slides Have Been Leaked Online | Page 37 | The Paracast Community Forums

Well the thing is the slides are not faked or forged, it was the interpretation of what was shown that caused the issue, and it is going to be extremely difficult to prove that was anything other than stupid.

The worst thing is that Maussan and co's track record is quite strong evidence of them lacking good judgement.

I would suggest letting it go, because getting angry will not do you any good, or as I said before get some expert legal advice, but this could be extremely costly.

Please don't get me wrong I believe they did it knowingly, but I can not prove it.

I too noticed some parallels between the hype stemming from the Roswell slides event, and the one emanating from "the fight of the century" --which I didn't bother to watch BTW. I went to the movies to see Age of Ultron ;)

I disagree with the legal analysis above. When consumers are promised a product and it is not delivered and in fact in this case could never have been delivered the legal analysis is that the sellers of this event intentionally preyed on the victims. No Court nor Jury nor Judge would refuse to hear this case nor convict the organizers of this event. You don't have to be an expert. As I said before whether they intentionally carried this out would only be one of many many charges. The basis that there has never ever been any indisputable evidence of aliens visiting this planet nor has it ever been officially admitted nor denied, would favor the victims. It won't take one Attorney to bring these charges the Federal Government could take it on themselves. Even if the Court acknowledged or ruled they did not intend fraud the many other charges would stick and stick hard. Any Attorney would take this case because the payout would be huge. Just the damages alone with 10% interest on the money per year on a five year long law suit would equate to a very large sum which the Attorney could claim 30% on a contingency basis. And we should be free to discuss all aspects of what's been perpetrated to not be able to do so would be another crime, the denial of Freedom of Speech and a violation of Civil rights to posters on this thread. Also the fact that the people involved in this are one by one coming public with apologies but not a single one is offering refunds would also be used to convict them. They are admitting their guilt yet refusing to refund the victims. That will not play well in Court.

Last edited:
The posters on this thread none need to be Legal Experts to know a great injustice has been played out against thousands, opinions and discussion must be allowed.

I don't think there is a "legal expert" anywhere that would touch this with a ten foot pole. The subject matter alone, as already mentioned... I believe the phrase has been coined "the giggle factor" for a very good reason.

The posters on this thread none need to be Legal Experts to know a great injustice has been played out against thousands, opinions and discussion must be allowed.
You are a party of one here in the chats. If you feel the way you do, get a lawyer and make things right. Just don't tell us you don't have the money for such an endevour.

this scam.

Gene, since a scam has not been proved yet concerning the event in Mexico City [perhaps one can and will be proved in the case of Adam Dew's activities], you and the others who make this charge are actually opening yourselves to lawsuits for libel and/or slander unless a general scam is *proved*. The careers of three productive and widely respected ufo researchers are being damaged by this internet piling on, and that constitutes significant grounds for damage claims. I don't count Mausson as one of those who could sue if all this continues because has himself has called his work in the ufo field into question many times in the past.

Back