• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Matthew Williams, Circlemaker

Free episodes:

Found the interview informative and it clarified some things for me, I'm glad Gene and Chris found this guy.

. . . it just doesnt make sense for an experienced team to make circles in combinable crop, it would be a case of now you see it, now you dont, and seed crops on hillsides rippen/mature quicker than low land crop, due to limited rain in summer plus drainage of the slope, means a shorter stem, as growth goes into the reproduction end [seed], and the CC makers do like their hillside locations. . . .

Manxman, do you live in or near Wiltshire county?

bout 180 miles, so no, why ?, are crops, farming seasons or rivers different in wiltshire then.

I wouldn't think so. I was just curious since you seem to know so much about the fields, flora, and fauna of the area. Are there crop circles in your location as well?

ive seen plenty, decoyed crow and pigeon over 100s literally, sometime 3 seperate locations aday, i was board of agriculture sponsored for 6 years [petrol, milage allownce, cartridges].
ive seen patches few feet across, to whole barley fields flattened, not many in wheat its a sturdier plant, oats is the most weather susceptible imo, theres nothing in the least paranormal about them.
ive also shot duck many many times over standing barley under summer moons.

im a country boy, brought up in a farming driven community, its different now, our population has doubled, with 30k brits and 20k irish moving here on one way tickets, but thats not how i grew up.

ps i still own 32 acres, i let it out, my m8 runs sheep on it.

Last edited:
Chris, I noticed in the introduction to the Richard Dolan show, you managed to gloss over the destructive nature of making crop circles. That was a disappointment.

ive seen plenty, decoyed crow and pigeon over 100s literally, sometime 3 seperate locations aday, i was board of agriculture sponsored for 6 years [petrol, milage allownce, cartridges].
ive seen patches few feet across, to whole barley fields flattened, not many in wheat its a sturdier plant, oats is the most weather susceptible imo, theres nothing in the least paranormal about them.
ive also shot duck many many times over standing barley under summer moons.

im a country boy, brought up in a farming driven community, its different now, our population has doubled, with 30k brits and 20k irish moving here on one way tickets, but thats not how i grew up.

ps i still own 32 acres, i let it out, my m8 runs sheep on it.

Thanks. It sounds like a good life, especially before the population growth. Re the underscored, you're talking about lodging and random weather damage, right? No intentional-looking shapes?

What kind of sheep do you raise? Any Icelandics in your area? They are a beautiful and interesting breed.

oh they came constance, about 600 thousand a year, but they went home again, then cheap package holiday shafted us, until then you worked in agriculture or tourism, after cheapo spanish holidays arrived, it all started to diversify into a services industry tax haven status economy, hence the irishmen biulding all the houses, commercial and infrastructure projects, to accomodate all our new english office wallah's, now it's fecked.

texel x mainly.

I've believed, especially in the cases of those circles which, as Richard mentioned, popped up with some suddenness in the middle of the day, that lasers from space are involved. Complete human involvement, I've never believed they were alien/space-brother creations.

yes lasers from space makes perfect sense, dont understand why no-one else has realised, as soon as i see a crop circle, i think thats lasers that.

good to have another level-headed guy onboard welcome.

I think that's all true, trained observer, for many people who have made crop circles. I was referring to those who have become spokespersons and opinion leaders in Wiltshire, who spend a great deal of time continuing the core argument about the origin of crop circles on their websites, facebook pages, and forums. A lot of energy in poured into this, which amounts to an ideological battle with no end in sight..

I think the "ideological battle" would end abruptly if circle makers would stop making circles for just one season. That's all it would take. There have been calls for this in the past that have been unheeded. I suspect, if the circle makers would organize and cooperate, they could put an end to the issue pretty quickly. So called crop circle "researchers" would be scrambling to explain why "the aliens" seem to obey the commands of their hated adversaries. That said, if a moratorium was enacted, I have no doubt in my mind that some "researchers" would pay someone to produce some circles or make their own to keep the "industry" going.

There has been all sorts of drama surrounding the circles and the various schemes to exploit them over the past year or so. I was hoping they would get into some of that in during the interview. Maybe next time.

yes lasers from space makes perfect sense, dont understand why no-one else has realised, as soon as i see a crop circle, i think thats lasers that.

good to have another level-headed guy onboard welcome.

Nameless also brought up this proposal earlier. I guess I'd have to say I'm on board with this one as well. While I still am sceptical of all these circles being done by artists I'm equally, even more sceptical that it's some communication from space brothers. Perhaps the more isolated cases such as the one matt talked about in the mountain pass could have been an "equipment test," why these acts would be committed I dont have any insight. I did see a recent exhibit at the center for land interpretation (LOVE that place !! ) involving huge man made pictographs...for lack of a better word...created to calibrate cameras for aerial photography back in the day. Maybe these designs are some kind of calibration mechanism for the satellites themselves.
The Center for Land Use Interpretation

Although I still can't explain the needless destruction of a man's hard work, what if it was this. That Some government is telling us in no uncertain terms that "we can get to your agriculture anytime we want!"

If this was so, perhaps any residual radiation from the technology used could account for some of the phenomenon reported by "experiencers" there

I'd any of you guys are as interested in land use as I am I nearly recommend going to here The Center for Land Use Interpretation and downloading the whole series of pdf's

Last edited:
they dont need to get your food, Monsanto will control virtually all seed crop eventually, just like every single other basic commodity is controlled by a multi-national, they are not going to just dissapear, it may take another 20 years of stealth, but they will own the worlds plant production.

Very true, but from what I've heard, and perhaps you are in a better position to contradict or reaffirm this, Europe HAS so far been holding out on allowing GMO crops or seeds into the continent, although I now understand the U.K. government is backing monsanto in their bid to get in.

I do understand....from my position as an outsider...that the whole phenomenon has been taken down a notch due to the artists moving on but perhaps there is another reason why the drop off occurred in the context of equipment testing or useage. If as chris believes that a lot of the cattle mute cases are the result of government testing why should one not consider government testing when it comes to crop formations?

my lasers reply was pure sarcasm sorry.

No apologies necessary, it's not like I haven't done the same. I have often mentioned this forum could use a tongue in cheek icon especially for me who can be dense at times. But at any rate you still "convinced" me. masers from space for me.

If anything it gave me a good reason to post some links from one of my favorite places.

Last edited:
Matthew,
May I suggest, a Crop Circle Coffee Table Book? (or do you chaps prefer Tea?) Anyway, like many great coffee table books, it can be filled with large pages of fancy crop circle photo's. Maybe a kids version with a crop circle maze? Back to the coffee book idea. Maybe insert a couple blank pages with a material like substance of a sort where one can create their very own finger crop circle.
But seriously, if it hasn't been done yet, what a great way to generate some cash from your previous field art work.

my lasers reply was pure sarcasm sorry.

Yes, everyone knows it is actually masers on the neutron beam weapon space platforms that Carter had put into orbit when he was in office. (cough-cough)

No really. These way out pseudo-scientific over engineered technical explanations aren't even remotely necessary are they? That is what makes them easily dismissed. Why does anyone go there? The way to approach the problem seems pretty straight forward. Can someone demonstrate that they can make a crop circle using simple math, ropes, and boards? Shoot, now they have GPS making it even similar to get right. Can they reproduce the same formations, same types of effects, etc. as shown in existing formations? I think I've seen it done to my satisfaction in videos and documentaries. I makes the question, "Why would anyone use a multi-million (probably multi-billon) dollar laser system to knock down crops (if that is even possible) when they could have two privates do it with a board and some ropes for cheap? Of course a government issued board would probably cost 10s of thousands of dollars.

Dolan's comment about modern day "Da Vincis" being required to do some of these things is a bit extreme, but it does require, the ability to draw a pattern on paper and scale it up and the dedication to attention to detail required to execute it in the field without detection. Many crop circles, certainly the ones that make the calendars and websites, are genuine works of art. Some are better than others as far as "perfection" goes, but like any human generated piece, there are flaws, inconsistency, and "tool marks." It still amazes me that some people don't realize that complex crop circles with geometric shapes and obvious imagery are human generated. Conversely, I'm amazed at folks who find crop that has been haphazardly blown down by wind effects interesting or possibly paranormal. Is there really such a shortage of weird things?

I have seen and heard reports....Perhaps anecdotal, because I wasn't there to personally witness them...of military copters being reported surveying some formations. I don't think they would be there to keep tabs on a bunch of artists. Now if any of these circle makers intruded on or near military land or if the military was in a high stage of Alert "we are dealing with eco-terroists" :mad: then that would be a different matter.

Last edited:
Back