• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 9th - Jacques Vallee!!

I was really interested in the Hans Bookman (did I recall the name correctly?) from 1572 or so. Not that I can say I know whether this man was abducted by some sort of unknown creatures, but the case interests me. I tried a Google search but found nothing. Does anyone have a link or a reference for more info on this case?

So he will come back in April? Wonderful! I can't wait for that show. I hope he's pleased at the reception he has from the listeners.

Ankhes said:
I was really interested in the Hans Bookman (did I recall the name correctly?) from 1572 or so. Not that I can say I know whether this man was abducted by some sort of unknown creatures, but the case interests me. I tried a Google search but found nothing. Does anyone have a link or a reference for more info on this case?

So he will come back in April? Wonderful! I can't wait for that show. I hope he's pleased at the reception he has from the listeners.

Hans Buchmann.

Here's a narrative from a distant descendant with some more information (you'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the Hans Buchmann part.)

http://www.informatik.com/1572.html

Rats! Have had a sick computer and, though it's working now, I have no sound. This is the one interview that actually had me excited. Maybe tomorrow.

Vallee gives lots of examples about the phenomena being reported in many cultures. He's written extensively, and his books are refreshing. I encourage everyone here to read as many as you can before April.

I finally got around to listening to the show. I was very impressed with Vallee. His humility was refreshing, after some of the big egos I've seen over the years in the UFO community. I like the fact that he admits to not knowing what UFOs are, and doesn't seem to be trying to peddle any particular hypothesis about the origin of UFOs. Considering this man has such an extensive career in UFO research, I think Gene and David managed to fit a lot of interesting and relevant questions into their limited time with Vallee. I also like the fact that they just let him talk for several minutes at a time, going wherever his train of thought took him. And in fairness to Vallee, he didn't wander off-topic, and didn't use the opportunity for shameless self-promotion. All in all, a great interview, which gave the listener a grounding in who Vallee is and what he's about. I look forward to his next appearance(s) on the show.

Back