• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 9th - Jacques Vallee!!

Consumate

Paranormal Novice
WOW!

I just want to say that the Paracast has been a consistent source of late-night entertainment to me for about 2 years now. I am a devoted listener who does not support your advertisers (too poor, no need, general disdain for commerce, etc.)! Ever since discovering the Paracast (probably through some whacked-out, late-night Internet sleuthing) I have been hooked. The hosts are consistently as informative and entertaining as the guests, and that is why I am super stoked to download tomorrow's episode!

I just want to get the ball rolling on this episode! I have read most of Vallee's UFO-related books, and with a personal library of over 200 books on the subject, I must say his certainly stand out in terms of originality, readability, and passion for the exploration of the subject.

I know Jacques has been more or less out of the UFO field for quite some time, and his recent resurgence has me pretty excited. It's always been a vague dream of mine to hear him interviewed on the Paracast, and now it's happened! I must thank Gene and Dave and their cronies for putting this one together and offering some of the best FREE entertainment I've ever come across.

Hope you guys don't go too easy on Jacques just because he is legendary!

I think Vallee is a critical link between gov't UFO disinfo and the RV program, the latter (and likely in some degree the former) of which Vallee was a participant if I'm not mistaken. I think those links between RV, mind control, UFO stories, have not been thoroughly expounded upon in books or elsewhere, and hopefully some of that can come to light in this interview. I mean... Courtney Brown????

Anyhow, sorry for this LONG ramble, but your show is amazing and now you've got one of the most influential, personable, and readable researchers in the field. The Paracast is beyond legitimate!

For anyone here reading unfamiliar with Vallee's work (how could you be??), I believe his trilogy of Confrontations, Dimensions, and Revelations has been republished, and cheap paperback and hardcover editions are all over Amazon and Ebay.

I also highly reccomend Vallee's novels FASTWALKER and STRATEGEM, and I can't help but wonder how much of those are based on personal experiences.

FORBIDDEN SCIENCE also is a great book about science in general, not just Vallee's work with Hynek during Blue Book's era.

Thanks Paracast!

-brett

The interview is already recorded, and it was an immensely enjoyable session. Jacques (yes he said we can call him that) was an articulate, gracious guest with a very gentle sense of humor. You can bet he'll be on again -- and again -- and again.

Gene Steinberg said:
The interview is already recorded, and it was an immensely enjoyable session. Jacques (yes he said we can call him that) was an articulate, gracious guest with a very gentle sense of humor. You can bet he'll be on again -- and again -- and again.

Sweet! Congrats Gene and Dave for making it happen. Can't wait to listen.

Koji K. said:
Gene Steinberg said:

Sweet! Congrats Gene and Dave for making it happen. Can't wait to listen.

You're welcome.

Gene Steinberg said:

Great guest! Can't wait to hear the show.

I'm also looking forward to this one. I don't agree with everything Dr. Vallee says, but then he's brilliant, and I'm not.

Gene Steinberg said:
You can bet he'll be on again -- and again -- and again.

Great news. I usually download the podcasts and don't listen to them until I have to drive or walk somewhere with my ipod but this is the first episode where I'm planning to make time to listen as soon as the link goes up. Thanks for making this happen.

I am excited to know that Mr. Vallee is making again appearances and sharing his important insights. Having listened to the paracast since it's inception, I recognize that Vallee is a very good fit with the way Gene and David look at the phenomenon.

He has been silent (in the media) for a long time. I would love to know just how you got him on the show?

mikec said:
I am excited to know that Mr. Vallee is making again appearances and sharing his important insights. Having listened to the paracast since it's inception, I recognize that Vallee is a very good fit with the way Gene and David look at the phenomenon.

He has been silent (in the media) for a long time. I would love to know just how you got him on the show?

Well, without going into detail, it all involved a few emails. Once the ball got rolling, it was a lot easier than we expected.

My only complaint about the show is that it wasn't long enough. :D

Any sense of how often Vallee might be willing to be a guest?

Gene and David,

Fantastic show. Dr. Vallee is the real deal. This was a great listen and I'm going to give it a few more listens to be sure. Great stuff.

--Shawn

Help, can't listen to the show from work, for some reason MP3's are blocked from the Paracast site but NOT blocked from just about everywhere else.

Is there an alternate Download site for the March 9th show?

If not I'll be able to listen to it at home tonight.

~Foo Fighter~

Fascinating show. I think it's good that Vallee shows that there are other ways to think about the UFO phenomenon besides the standard ET stuff. Richard Hall and Dr. Vallee should debate ETH versus Vallee's views. It would be a good debate because, in "Uninvited Guests," Richard Hall convincingly refutes a lot of Vallee's arguments. I'd like to see how Vallee would respond in kind.

Chuckleberryfinn said:
Fascinating show. I think it's good that Vallee shows that there are other ways to think about the UFO phenomenon besides the standard ET stuff. Richard Hall and Dr. Vallee should debate ETH versus Vallee's views. It would be a good debate because, in "Uninvited Guests," Richard Hall convincingly refutes a lot of Vallee's arguments. I'd like to see how Vallee would respond in kind.

It would be nice, but it doesn't seem as if Richard Hall is inclined to do radio shows these days.

Okay, just finished the episode. It was fantastic. Great job, guys. More than anything, just listening to three intellectual and intellectually honest adults talk shop on these issues is, to me, therapy.

Thank you.

No. I mean that the way you phrase things you're saying X represents probable reality and Y represents New Age nonsense. But then I know that 1.) You're Christian and 2.) You believe in a book about a guy who channels God and has a discussion with Him/Her/It. And so I'm wondering what the certainty is about when your own beliefs reflect...well... beliefs--And New Age nonsense to boot.

I've posted this before here but for anyone who didn't see it previously, Brainsturbator posted an article on Kirk Allen, the man Vallee discussed in the interview as one of the subjects in Dr. Robert Lindner's book The Fifty-Minute Hour: A Collection of True Psychoanalytic Tales. I wonder what happened to all of Allen's artwork and writing? That would make a sweet book.

As the article notes at the bottom, some believe Kirk Allen was actually Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger.

See also Behind the Jet-Propelled Couch.

Back