• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 29th - NEW military witnesses on The Paracast

And I'll further refine the idea of "not completely there when they go to speed" comment, after speaking with Tommy A. and Andy Neddermeyer:

Instead of the idea of "not being material", I'll replace that with "creating negligible mass, or no mass". Imagine if you could take a craft, and create a situation by where it has almost no mass - and imagine if you could do the same thing with the craft's engine. This would mean that there would be no interaction with the environment, no friction or air resistance acting on the craft. This would mean that you'd possibly get very close to 100% efficiency of the propulsion system, or maybe it gets weirder, maybe there's an unknown set of effects on matter which has almost no mass - like neutrinos.

If you had this kind of technology, with that level of control over matter itself, it seems to me that it would be trivial to subtly alter the material appearance of the craft, or even yourself. This might play into the vast array of different craft and beings reported by credible witnesses.

dB

Obvious point I suppose but in 1966 there was a lot going on with space race/nuke race. Same month as Malmstrom, UK & France launched new nuclear subs. One month prior, Soviets tested a nuke in Kazakhstan after Italy launched its first guided missile cruiser, and NASA launched Lunar Orbiter 3. Two months prior, Outer Space Treaty (banned space nukes) signed by US/UK/USSR on same day as Apollo 1 disaster. All against backdrop of cold war flare-ups in eastern europe and asia. To an outside observer, our little anthill might have looked rather frantic.

Instead of the idea of "not being material", I'll replace that with "creating negligible mass, or no mass". Imagine if you could take a craft, and create a situation by where it has almost no mass - and imagine if you could do the same thing with the craft's engine.

That's consistent with Einsteinian physics. As you approach the speed of light your mass grows to infinity. Controlling mass is the key to faster than light travel. These aliens definitely understand the subtleties and mechanics of mass/gravity and have used that knowledge to counter space/time limitations... we just ain't there yet ;) (or maybe we are lol)

http://www.astronomynotes.com/relativity/s2.htm
Another consequence of Special Relativity is that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Any object with mass moving near the speed of light would experience an increase in its mass. That mass would approach infinity as it reached light speed and would, therefore, require an infinite amount of energy to accelerate it to light speed.

Thanks again for the show ! Building pressure is what this is all about... you can't do that with clowns.

Yep, whenever you say "Not completely there" David, I usually take that to mean "for all intents and purposes not there. we dont know what but it is doing something that stops it form interacting with the surrounding atmosphere".

Anyway, what a power house of a show. Too bad the media are fucked, or some reporter could actually report on this as an event and generate some serious discussion for a mainstream news cycle or two.

Thanks to all involved for making everything happen.

Airman 1st Class Patrick McDonough - Former Chief of Party, Field Survey Team, 1381st Geodetic Survey Squadron (Missile), F.E. Warren AFB, Wyoming (1962-1966). Joined the Naval Reserve after active duty with USAF and retired in 2003 as the Navy Intelligence Command Master Chief, Southwest Region, USN Ret.

McDonough stated that "...I always wanted to get read into one of those programs...".

Some of the questions that popped into my mind when he mentioned that he was with Navy Intelligence until 6 years ago:

-In what capacity did he work for Navy Intelligence?
-Is it reasonable to interpret his above statement as meaning that he believed there were active programs in Navy Intelligence or elsewhere for him to get read into?
-If so, what factors led him to believe that there were such programs?
-Were UFOs ever discussed officially or unofficially during his time with Navy Intelligence, possibly as rumour or water cooler small talk? If not discussed would he say that this was just due to disinterest or because it was considered a serious but off-limits topic?
-Did he have any sense of the common current attitude towards the subject in the intelligence community?
-In general, did he have any sense of the who/where/how of how ufo incidents are presently handled?

Great show. I'd really like to see more guest-host type shows where you can have a third person with specialized knowledge of a particular aspect be able to question guests and draw out specific details that Gene and David might not consider.

What a wonderful and useful show! Mr. Hastings gets a lot of props for putting this together as do the brave gentlemen who came forward with their stories. More then anything what this episode does is direct attention to rational and credible people who are asking similar questions that many of us have.

The only suggestion I would have in any further talks with the guests is to have them on one at a time as it was quite “busy” to have 4 guests on in a non “roundtable” type of setting. I understand there was no way around this though as for two of the gentlemen were speaking in public like this for the first time to an audience and felt much more comfortable with Mr. Hastings there in general. I think a follow up with Mr. Hastings and each of the guests for a full episode is something to consider.

Great job guys!

The Best paranormal podcast I have ever heard. Anywhere. Period. These accounts were just amazing.
Great questions Gene and David! I loved it. My wheels are just spinning right now. What the HELL are these craft? Where the HELL are they from?

Great work guys!

Great show!! I would consider the credibility of the guests to be excellent. I was absolutely riveted for the entire two hours.

More of the same, please!

This was quite possibly the best show you've ever done, and is exactly what I'd like to hear.

I think you do an important service to the field by debunking hoaxers, nuts, disinformation, and empty self-promoters. But while confronting the noise is important, it's more important to find the signal and just shift the discussion there.

I would love to hear shows that are filled with credible witnesses like this. These guys seem totally credible and their story seems both amazing and matter-of-fact.

Maybe you can do a show in which you sort of have a roundtable and try to tabulate common themes from some of the most credible events like this and discuss what patterns emerge...

Once again, what a great show!

I guess I must have missed something.

While I found this episode very impressive with the credibility factor through the roof, I don't think I heard much new information to justify the hype I read before it aired. Something along the lines of "this will change everything". Again, no disrespect to anyone involved as it truly was a highly credible show, but I feel we've heard from credible sources already on the subject of nukes and ufos.

If I'm missing the point, please, someone let me know. :redface:

I guess I must have missed something.

While I found this episode very impressive with the credibility factor through the roof, I don't think I heard much new information to justify the hype I read before it aired. Something along the lines of "this will change everything". Again, no disrespect to anyone involved as it truly was a highly credible show, but I feel we've heard from credible sources already on the subject of nukes and ufos.

If I'm missing the point, please, someone let me know. :redface:

On the surface there may be some validity to what you are saying but I think you now need to go to another level. I listen to Stan Friedman over and over and over. But I still listen. I know his lecture off by heart almost. I feel the connection is still trying to be established in my "I know it beyond all doubt" part of my being. But I have had no personal paranormal experience so I have to take what these people say as my proxy.

To put it another way. Woodward and Bernstein kept hammering and hammering and hammering to get people to listen to them about Watergate. And when the evidence and the witness credibility became so overwhelming you could no longer deny. That is what these guest did was hammer and hammer and hammer some more. If I had two fingers held out from my hand representing my doubts about the existence of UFOs, after this show I only have one finger held up.

On the surface there may be some validity to what you are saying but I think you now need to go to another level. I listen to Stan Friedman over and over and over. But I still listen. I know his lecture off by heart almost. I feel the connection is still trying to be established in my "I know it beyond all doubt" part of my being. But I have had no personal paranormal experience so I have to take what these people say as my proxy.

To put it another way. Woodward and Bernstein kept hammering and hammering and hammering to get people to listen to them about Watergate. And when the evidence and the witness credibility became so overwhelming you could no longer deny. That is what these guest did was hammer and hammer and hammer some more. If I had two fingers held out from my hand representing my doubts about the existence of UFOs, after this show I only have one finger held up.
Well said and point taken. I definitely see your point, but I guess my question is this: Are two more eyewitness accounts, even two as HIGHLY credible as the gentlemen in question going to change the general public's opinion on the ufo matter?

And then I suppose the answer would be that it's all cumulative. For the person still doubting the existence of ufos and is seeking answers, this could be the testimony that they need to form a final decision. I guess when you know without a doubt that they exist, like many of us here, more proof isn't needed.

Maybe this episode wasn't so much for the choir as it was for the masses. A distinction I didn't make before listening this week. :eek:

More than just a show. What Gene, David, and Robert Hastings are doing is completely PROACTIVE. I hope this show reaches as many brains as it will allow. It was clear to me after this episode, (feel free to throw down any ammendments, fellow forum dwellers), that the omission of reporting a UFO is career suicide to any military personnel.

Anything that defies ignorance, to me at least, is one of the noblest expressions afforded to us all.
This podcast is doing just that.

This was an EXCELLENT show. I've always liked Salas and it's good to hear from him again. I could listen to the details of the Malmstrom sighting over and over and never tire of it. If that incident wasn't a message from non-human entities then NOTHING is. Nukes must go or humans will go.

I also loved Hastings' style. He calls people out and he tells it like it is. Awesome stuff, Mr. Hastings. Bruce Fenstermacher and Patrick McDonough are also great witnesses. You're all heros for coming forward and braving the public.

DAMN good show. Will definitely spin this one again so I can hear more detail. An example of why I'm a huge Paracast fan. Thanks and may the Gods bless your souls.

Question for Robert Hastings or Gene & Dave: just how much do these new witnesses want to come out into the open?

What are the chances of pitching a story to George Knapp about 2 NEW military witnesses going on a radio show with Bob Salas and revealing UFO encounters at military bases? Knapp could interview the 2 witnesses too.

The only reason I say Knapp is because hes the only mainstream reporter that would do something like this. (I think)

And I'll further refine the idea of "not completely there when they go to speed" comment, after speaking with Tommy A. and Andy Neddermeyer:

Instead of the idea of "not being material", I'll replace that with "creating negligible mass, or no mass". Imagine if you could take a craft, and create a situation by where it has almost no mass - and imagine if you could do the same thing with the craft's engine. This would mean that there would be no interaction with the environment, no friction or air resistance acting on the craft. This would mean that you'd possibly get very close to 100% efficiency of the propulsion system, or maybe it gets weirder, maybe there's an unknown set of effects on matter which has almost no mass - like neutrinos.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the subject of UFO high-speed travel without sonic boom is discussed in the book "Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis" by the late Paul R. Hill (NASA aeronautical engineer, who had 2 UFO sightings of his own and was cited in Ruppelt's 1955 book as being a "leading aerodynamicist").

Hill provides detailed calculations and possible arrangements of force field generators within spherical and elliptical UFOs, which would produce the necessary effects, including the ability of UFOs to travel supersonically without generating a sonic boom.

Since Hill's book is hard to find, I have a summary of the main concepts (without all the math) in my UFO technical overview webpage (sections #7 - #9)

Many people with technical background have suggested similar concepts, starting with Plantier and Aime Michel from France in the early 1950s, H.Oberth (German father of rocketry) in the 1960s and several researchers from the US (Hill, Prof. Harder etc).

Pat on the back, guys. Just finished listening.
The part where David was talking about the UFO's not obeying the "rules" of physics as we know them, and looking for clues as to what they are using for a propulsion system, brings to mind a case that almost certainly contains some clue. I don't remember the man's name...I only met him once and it was more than 10 years ago. He told me that he fired an anti-aircraft cannon at a 'disc' off the coast of Hawaii during WW2. He said you could see by the tracer rounds that the stream of fire was arcing around the object...not ricocheting, but going around it and then straightening back out! The guy seemed to be honest and sane. I don't know how to interpret this report, assuming it's a fact, but there must surely be some clue as to the physics involved.

Back