• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 22nd / interview with Mike C!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec

Skilled Investigator
Hi there,

This feels funny for me, but I'm gunna start the thread about this episode - and I'm the guy getting interviewed on this show.

People who claim these experiences will often try to explain that it creates enormous stress in their lives. Believe me, the stresses can be real. I'm sort of in the middle of that, right now. I say as much in the interview, but factor that in as pertinent to the tone I take.

a few points below:

=================

1. I was previously on THE PARACAST on NOV. 16th 2008. I was on the second one hour segment, after an excellent interview with Jesse Marcell Jr.

2. There is a long winded thread on this forum where I share a lot. This was truly therapeutic for me, and I deeply appreciate the support, discussion and questions from all of you. The thread is titled: ORANGE FLASH AND MISSING TIME.

Here's the LINK:
orange flash missing time - The Paracast Community Forums

3. I presently have a blog, and I'm slowly adding some of my memories and musings.

Here's the link:
hidden experience

4. During this interview, I talk about some extremely personal details. I was very reticent to share this event, and I don't want to regret my honesty. (if you listen, you'll know what I'm gettin' at) So, can I ask that we keep any follow up dialog civil and adult? Please...

peace,
Mike Clelland!

Wow... Thanks for sharing. As it would turn out, there are a lot of people who have these experiences and have no real outlet or people to share with.

IF you go see a shrink about this sort of thing, you'll be surprised how you're treated.

Appreciate the links, by way of context and background. You're clearly a very creative and thoughtful guy. What is almost immediately striking is that you seem to have fundamental connections of intelligence and strong "artistic" predisposition with, at the least, Messrs. Biedny, Streiber, Ritzmann and Vaeni. I suspect solutions are few and far between, so I hope you continue to maintain a healthy attitude of wonderment rather than the pathological quest for "THE answer" which seems so pervasive in the realm of paranormal inquiry.

I look forward to the interview.

Hi Mike, I was tweeting today with a chat friend from Unknowncountry.com's site, when she told me you were talking about someone we know. I know the man with the daughter you talk about. He came into that chat room looking for people like him.
I can tell you that this is all true, and my experiences dove tail his. My training started long before his, when an infant, so I am more advanced in training, and he will be the first to tell you that. That may be why some of my experience today are following up on his experiences. For example, he may be in a battle, and I come in later to take notes, clean up, and so on. Anyhow, I just wanted to back him up on all that. You feel comfortable believing.

Anyone have any luck searching for that video that David mentioned?

Im dying to see that video David. linky please?:D

I'm looking for that video too, Gareth. A link would be sweet indeed.

I just listened to the March 22nd episode and I always find it interesting what emotions and thoughts come up over the course of these two hours. I sincerely mean no disrespect, but I still find it somewhat odd that these experiences challenge people SOOO deeply that the rest of their lives are consumed by it. I guess my response to my own experiences is simply to understand that life is immensely more mysterious, deep, and grandiose than what lies on the surface and I sort of just give a mental shrug to it all. Maybe I'm lucky in that I'm not driven to seek an answer to it all because I don't really think there is one. If there is, I'm not really sure how knowing the answer would change anything much.

Are there beings from somewhere else who occasionally appear here among us? Yes. Can science prove everything that goes on in this reality? No. To me that's basically all the answers I need. Don't get me wrong, if the answers are ever revealed, it sure will be interesting, but just knowing that these things happen to other people as well is enough for me.

Again, I mean no disrespect and I truly enjoy listening and sharing experiences and ideas with anyone and everyone.

I had a bit of a paranormal sexual type experience sometime around 2000 or 2001 that might be of interest to you Mike. I'm not sure if I should share it here or not, so I may just add it to "my experiences" thread in the proper forum.

After listening to this episode with you Mike, I'm really curious about making it to one of these conferences. Thank you very much for sharing!

Anyone have any luck searching for that video that David mentioned?

Im dying to see that video David. linky please?:D

Gareth,

It's been a week or two since we recorded the episode, please remind me of the specifics of the video I mentioned...

dB

Gareth,

It's been a week or two since we recorded the episode, please remind me of the specifics of the video I mentioned...

dB

someone captured video through a telescope of the meteor that caused a sonic boom in your area. Apparently you could also see a small light flying around the meteor too, which was changing directions and all the rest.

You sounded fairly enthused.

Just listening to the Mike Clelland interview and a question is raised by David about (essentially) "Sleep sex". It is not unusual. There are support groups. It is a normal, if not "usual" human experience. High strangeness in relation to UFOs or aliens should not be attributed in such cases. Type "sleep sex" into Google and you will have a wealth of info. I even recently saw a British made TV program on people who were worried about it. Especially where one partner is awake (usually the female) and experiences the unwanted advances of a partner who is asleep and unaware of what (usually) he is doing. The asleep partner usually cannot remember much about it, if anything....

Actually I am not sure about this Mike C character. In the first hour he talks a lot about essentially nothing while making it sound as if he is talking about something, name dropping with a certain arrogance but never talking about actual experiences, never able to answer a question directly, instead expounding his own impressions of how HE related or "connected" to others or how HE what he might interpret (unspecified) stories of others.

In the second hour he launches into others experience which involved drawings seen at the conference which were "remarkably" similar to those he posted to this forum (orange flash & missing time). BUT...there, he attributed seeing the drawings originally from "Graphimancer on a thread titled: "Something From 07". Is this a manufactured story? Taking bits and pieces from others to create his own story so he can get "into" the UFO community and there find ego gratification?

Synchronicity? Mike C "Does battle" in his own mind but has no insights or comments of value except to name drop and fail to attribute John Keel or Colin Wilson or Jaques Vallee his few ideas.

One thing he got "right" - I am a man in my mid-forties who has had "experiences" over much of my life and now feel utterly compelled to enter the UFO field. I war with myself about this constantly. I listen to every Paracast episode and want to write in to the forum every time I do - but I restrain myself most times because I have nothing important to add - but this time I cannot help but air my feelings of mistrust of this character Mike Clelland. And his "story" about 40 year old men and the conference woman not saying what he remembered her saying just confirms this mistrust. Mike C seems prone to concatenating his own "experiences" with that of others. Others experiences become his own and where he DOES have his own "experiences" he seems to read far too much into what might be just unusual yet everyday occurrences.

David B has a very pertinent comment to make here about memory and is very correct in his own reticence. I feel exactly as David does for exactly the same reasons. Mike C seems not to have the same caution - yet strangely he has very little of substance to actually say. Mike C comes across as shallow and egotistical, parroting unoriginally on themes picked up from David and Gene... Gullibility and ego might not be a very healthy mix in Mike C.

Reasonable and rational? Sincere? David, you might just want to examine more closely what this character actually says. Good conmen will make you feel they are attuned closely with your own ideas but they are simply playing your own thoughts back to you while name dropping associations with your own heros.

Perhaps I am mistaken. Perhaps I am being too harsh. I am willing to be corrected. I just urge caution with this character.

...and I just looked up the Leo Sprinkle interview and sure enough at 1:23:45 there is the mention of Mike C but just AFTER that there is David explaining in essence a conversation about the "men of a certain age" story mentioned above that he had had WITH Mike C. NOW I am even MORE suspicious.

Final note on the 12345... THIS is the "Cosmic Joker" at work. Tantalising us with pearls among the garbage. Contradictions designed to blow our present conceptions and thoughts, which we have just formulated, right out of the water! And THIS is why I DO NOT write to this forum very often. :)

I'm mid-listening to the show now.

Sounds great so far! Thanks very much for doing this again, Mike!:)

And it must be nice to be able to share your experiences here......you are lucky to be able to do that! :)

It really can and does help to be able to share your thoughts about what you've gone through openly with others and to get their replies....it can be lonely to keep a secret and/or have no one/very few to speak with about such things..

Rramjet wrote:
===========
"Gullibility and ego might not be a very healthy mix in Mike C."

My reply:
=======
You use the term "con-man" in your post, and that simply doesn't fit me. I might be making too much out of too little. But I certainly don't feel like I'm trying to con anyone. Why am I doing this? I have nothing to gain, and everything to loose.

You should listen to my first interview on the paracast. Dated, NOV. 16th 2008. I was on the second half of the show. This would help add some background to some of the stories. I would also encourage that you check out my blog (see link in the opening post).

You reference my post, where I thank a listener named Graphicmancer for inspiring me to create a drawing. Please re-read that series of postings, he inspired me to do a SECOND, more detailed drawing. There is a drawing I did (about a year after the event in 1993) showing me sitting up in bed, this was posted before I even drew the second one. It was this earlier drawing that inspired Graphicmancer to do HIS drawing, and that in-turn lead to my SECOND, more detailed drawing.

- and -

I'll add that Budd Hopkins, Dave Jacobs, Leo Sprinkle and Barbara Lamb have all interviewed me. These are a wide range of serious researchers who study this phenomenon. And all but Dave have attempted to hypnotize me (nothing happened). I'll add that they all indicated strongly (or they've stated it outright) that I have - indeed - had these experiences. And my response was to contradict them, and say NO - I seriously doubt that anything really happened.

(Rramjet accused me of name dropping, and I just did, big time, it in the above paragraph)

Rramjet wrote:
===========
Mike C seems prone to concatenating his own "experiences" with that of others. Others experiences become his own and where he DOES have his own "experiences" he seems to read far too much into what might be just unusual yet everyday occurrences.

My Reply:
=======
Believe me - I have thought about exactly what you stated above. I've sat on the therapist's couch for a lot of hours trying to examine if I'm inventing my own experiences, or if I'm reading too much into everyday coincidences. Is it my ego trying to get attention? I've worked hard to examine exactly that, and it just doesn't seem to make sense. If I wanted attention, I could come up with something better than this.

All I can say is that I've expended a lot of energy trying to dismiss this stuff, and it hasn't worked. I am desperately hoping to find some evidence that it's NOT true. I want nothing more than to be rid of these nagging memories.

- and -

The sex-sleep thing (as a medical condition) is something I heard about only after doing this interview. And I have googled it. But, I can NOT find any reference to BOTH people involved being asleep and then waking up at the same time, simultaneously. If you can find any other reports that match mine - please - I would desperately like to hear about them.

I've heard retellings of BOTH partners waking up simultaneously (in the act) only once, told to me by Budd Hopkins. And he indicated that he had heard more such stories during his research.

=

Rramjet - I understand your mistrust and I'm not shy about answering these kinds of questions. I have very fleeting experiences, true enough - But why am I doing this?

You yourself say: "I am a man in my mid-forties who has had "experiences" over much of my life and now feel utterly compelled to enter the UFO field. I war with myself about this constantly."

I feel utterly compelled too. I'm constantly at war with myself too. And I did enter the UFO field, and I am trying to be as truthful and UN-sensational as I can be.

Just listening to the Mike Clelland interview and a question is raised by David about (essentially) "Sleep sex". It is not unusual. There are support groups. It is a normal, if not "usual" human experience. High strangeness in relation to UFOs or aliens should not be attributed in such cases. Type "sleep sex" into Google and you will have a wealth of info. I even recently saw a British made TV program on people who were worried about it. Especially where one partner is awake (usually the female) and experiences the unwanted advances of a partner who is asleep and unaware of what (usually) he is doing. The asleep partner usually cannot remember much about it, if anything....

Actually I am not sure about this Mike C character. In the first hour he talks a lot about essentially nothing while making it sound as if he is talking about something, name dropping with a certain arrogance but never talking about actual experiences, never able to answer a question directly, instead expounding his own impressions of how HE related or "connected" to others or how HE what he might interpret (unspecified) stories of others.

In the second hour he launches into others experience which involved drawings seen at the conference which were "remarkably" similar to those he posted to this forum (orange flash & missing time). BUT...there, he attributed seeing the drawings originally from "Graphimancer on a thread titled: "Something From 07". Is this a manufactured story? Taking bits and pieces from others to create his own story so he can get "into" the UFO community and there find ego gratification?

Synchronicity? Mike C "Does battle" in his own mind but has no insights or comments of value except to name drop and fail to attribute John Keel or Colin Wilson or Jaques Vallee his few ideas.

One thing he got "right" - I am a man in my mid-forties who has had "experiences" over much of my life and now feel utterly compelled to enter the UFO field. I war with myself about this constantly. I listen to every Paracast episode and want to write in to the forum every time I do - but I restrain myself most times because I have nothing important to add - but this time I cannot help but air my feelings of mistrust of this character Mike Clelland. And his "story" about 40 year old men and the conference woman not saying what he remembered her saying just confirms this mistrust. Mike C seems prone to concatenating his own "experiences" with that of others. Others experiences become his own and where he DOES have his own "experiences" he seems to read far too much into what might be just unusual yet everyday occurrences.

David B has a very pertinent comment to make here about memory and is very correct in his own reticence. I feel exactly as David does for exactly the same reasons. Mike C seems not to have the same caution - yet strangely he has very little of substance to actually say. Mike C comes across as shallow and egotistical, parroting unoriginally on themes picked up from David and Gene... Gullibility and ego might not be a very healthy mix in Mike C.

Reasonable and rational? Sincere? David, you might just want to examine more closely what this character actually says. Good conmen will make you feel they are attuned closely with your own ideas but they are simply playing your own thoughts back to you while name dropping associations with your own heros.

Perhaps I am mistaken. Perhaps I am being too harsh. I am willing to be corrected. I just urge caution with this character.

...and I just looked up the Leo Sprinkle interview and sure enough at 1:23:45 there is the mention of Mike C but just AFTER that there is David explaining in essence a conversation about the "men of a certain age" story mentioned above that he had had WITH Mike C. NOW I am even MORE suspicious.

Final note on the 12345... THIS is the "Cosmic Joker" at work. Tantalising us with pearls among the garbage. Contradictions designed to blow our present conceptions and thoughts, which we have just formulated, right out of the water! And THIS is why I DO NOT write to this forum very often. :)

You're a better man than i am, Gunga Din.

some of your observations mirror my own, but i didnt want to post such for fear of upsetting people...........

i can only hope that MikeC and others can process your observations as part of the overall "lesson" that is life, and not take it as an attack from an individual/s.

Im completely surprised at the comments of rramjet and mike. I sort of viewed this interview as part 2 of his original interview from last year. So yeah, mikec didnt really relate many experiences, but he did that in the first part of the interview (last year).

Im completely surprised at the comments of rramjet and mike.

As am I. I have to say I applaud MikeC's restraint and decorum in his response. Had someone accused me of being an ego-centric conman and then gone on to infer I was either a charlatan or delusional (or both), all the while referring to me as " this character", my own response would be considerably less diplomatic...

Conmen generally have something to SELL. MikeC's not selling anything (that I know of) and I think you may be severly misinterpretting his intentions, Rramjet. He sounds to me not like some shallow, egotistical, "parrot" but a man liberated by his conviction to tell his story.

Also "drink the kool-aid", while a popular phrase, is innacurate. The drink mix they used wasn't actually kool-aid, it was a knock off brand.

I have to say that Ramjet's reaction to mikec is a good example of why people don't want to talk too much about their experiences. I commend mikec for taking it as well as he has. It's not that I actually disagree with Ramjet's discussion of content. It was not a 'meaty' show, but it was never billed as such. I knew going in that the show would be about Mike's experiences at a UFO conference meeting other people who felt they had 'experiences.' I wasn't expecting five new unknown Roswell witnesses to appear on stage with pieces of the wreckage. I'm not willing to second guess Mike's motives and unless he writes a book like 'I know why the aliens like sex' or something I'm willing to just give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think there's much there to make a killing on or to develop a reputation, myself. Mike would have to be a lot more dramatic for that to happen. I hope he doesn't take my attitude as a criticism.

The one thing that actually did capture my interest in the show was the idea that experiencers are feeling compelled to tell their story. It's been on the forums as well. I keep thinking, 'Where have I heard of this before?' and my attitude is that if it's 'time' then it's also time for these alien guys to put up or shut up. I'm getting really tired of this pseudo-tantalizing bull shit from 'them.' Point taken that perhaps we really don't want to know reality because we can't handle it, but at this point I'm pretty bored with it all and if they wind up scaring the shit out of me I figure at least I will be entertained. At least as far as I am concerned, they're running out of time.

I'm not here to invalidate anyone, but i have to provide my feedback with honesty, otherwise there is no point.

Why am I doing this? I have nothing to gain, and everything to loose.

there is always a payoff, always

"nothing to gain" is not a common human motivation

identify the payoff, and you'll have answered the "why"

on the topic of "sex sleep", from my pov the link is a simple enough explaination.
if you poke somewhen when they are sleeping (pardon the pun) they often awake with a physical "jolt" this in turn would wake both parties at that time.

as i recall the interview Mike mentions this to Mr Hopkins who then makes a face, which Mike interprets as being an answer that "fits" his notions.
using facial expressions instead of words that can be quoted is "noncomittal" comunication, and from my pov hardly a basis for "confirmation"

the matter of the "mention" that doesnt show up on the video, my first honest response was, confronting as it must be to hear it, was that the poor chap is delusional.

thats the simple answer, and also explains the speakers response when asked about the matter.

i dont know Mike, and i have no reason to want to hurt his feelings, but there are some elephants in the room and it would be a disservice to simply ignore them.

im not a doctor,not an expert. my opinions Shouldnt count for much, they are just my honest observations, but if i dont make them with honesty, then they count for nothing at all.

if i see a simple rational explaination for something someone has publically put out as a personal puzzle, i should offer that explaination, even if it is confronting

feedback that comes from honesty with no malice attached is all i seek......and its all i can offer in return

I'm completely unconvinced that this fellow's experience was in any way, shape or form paranormal in nature.

I mean, come on. You wake up and you're having sex? So what. You were horny. It's called "being human". Not sure how people can so easily think this is so far out there. Anyway, moving along...

I'm completely unconvinced that this fellow's experience was in any way, shape or form paranormal in nature.

I mean, come on. You wake up and you're having sex? So what. You were horny. It's called "being human". Not sure how people can so easily think this is so far out there. Anyway, moving along...
Two people awake, in the middle of the sex act. That's not strange? Maybe I'm getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back