• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 18, 2018 — Rick Doty with J. Randall Murphy

Here's a cool Google experiment which offers perspective and hair-raising background to Rick Doty's account of the EBE visitation of 1947 (Roswell).
100,000 Stars

Considering the stupefying scale of our galaxy, it's amazing that an alien race with inter-stellar travel capabilities would make an effort to visit a grain of sand like earth hidden deep in a cluster of hundreds of thousands of stars. But then our loud radio and early television signals likely woke up nearby systems lol

If the account is true, I suspect that we did our best to preserve the life of the one EBE that survived and that awe and empathy were the leading sentiment during the event... or Serpo would have been an invasion instead of an exchange ;). Unfortunately this was not shared with the rest of humanity and we are left here to speculate at the Paracast.com...

Very slick demo - I shared it with a few friends. It lacks fairy cake though

If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion...

I agree to a point. I think he is saying some things which are true, at least from his perspective. I just thought I heard some BS in there too - a product of many years of having to deal with the unwashed masses of humanity I suppose. Doty is like a tag sale filled with interesting looking stuff. The real trick is to find the valuable stuff Difficult to explain why except as I said earlier, maybe a slight hesitation while the gears were turning in his head trying to produce an answer.

I think the hesitations are easily understood as the ingrained habit, developed thoughout his intelligence career, of not casually/carelessly disclosing information he was bound, and to an extent still is bound, to hold secret. I sense that he is sharing information now in the context of an inside agreement establishing things/events/understandings he is permitted to talk about openly at this point, and things/events/understandings about which he cannot yet speak. Gradual and partial disclosure seems to be, and to have been for some time, the policy being enforced.

He admitted he led Bennewitz along in the show.

Not sure what else needs to be said about it.

Yes, he admits to holding back the real source of what Bennewitz was overhearing in accord with what he was instructed/ordered to do in the circumstances. It's a great leap in logic as well as in historical consciousness and context for you to conclude that everything the man says now is therefore unquestionably false, an exercise in disinformation.

Yes, he admits to holding back the real source of what Bennewitz was overhearing in accord with what he was instructed/ordered to do in the circumstances. It's a great leap in logic as well as in historical consciousness and context for you to conclude that everything the man says now is therefore unquestionably false, an exercise in disinformation.
It’s a great leap of logic for him to continue doing what he was doing? Especially since he was paid to do that, and for all we know is still being paid to do that. So I don’t know why anyone would believe him about anything.

Why would you?

If Dick Cheney admitted 1% of the crap he pulled, then claimed to be telling the truth about the other 99% and is now a humanitarian, would you believe him?

The funny thing about Doty is the incredulity he claims to have when someone questions him. He’s like the kid with his hand in the cookie jar, and big round eyes saying “who, me? I’d never steal a cookie!”

Last edited:

I think the hesitations are easily understood as the ingrained habit, developed thoughout his intelligence career, of not casually/carelessly disclosing information he was bound, and to an extent still is bound, to hold secret. I sense that he is sharing information now in the context of an inside agreement establishing things/events/understandings he is permitted to talk about openly at this point, and things/events/understandings about which he cannot yet speak. Gradual and partial disclosure seems to be, and to have been for some time, the policy being enforced.
I guess what I’m asking is how would you know? He’s trained to play exactly into our cognitive biases - and he’s telling people exactly what they want to believe.

How would you ever untangle the fact from fiction, especially when the fiction is exactly what a lot of people want to be true?

Last edited:
It seems you meant to refer to Robert Schroeder rather than Richard? Proceeding on that assumption, the mention of Star Trek and transwarp conduits wasn't meant to challenge Schroeder. It was meant to help explain the idea to listeners who have a more difficult time with the sorts of concepts he was talking about. Not everybody gets the idea that there might be a type of space between space ( the bulk ), but lot's of people have seen Star Trek and have heard of subspace. Maybe before assuming the worst about a situation, perhaps you might try asking yourself if there is a more positive way to look at it.

Thanks for the correction! My intention was to be constructive - not negative (my bad), but I think that the hosts’ job is to help the guest to establish a common base that the listeners and guest can move forward from. Usually Gene, Chris, and the guest host do a great job at that, but I felt that they were a little short in some instances. I agree The subject the guest spoke about is tough, but a basic knowledge of this and other disciplines by all interested will be required to make sense of the UFO phenomenon - and reality itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the correction! My intention was to be constructive - not negative (my bad), but I think that the hosts’ job is to help the guest to establish a common base that the listeners and guest can move forward from. Usually Gene, Chris, and the guest host do a great job at that, but I felt that they were a little short in some instances. I agree The subject the guest spoke about is tough, but a basic knowledge of this and other disciplines by all interested will be required to make sense of the UFO phenomenon - and reality itself.
No problem. BTW, Schroeder makes a brief comeback on this weeks ATP!

The funny thing about Doty is the incredulity he claims to have when someone questions him. He’s like the kid with his hand in the cookie jar, and big round eyes saying “who, me? I’d never steal a cookie!”
As with a great deal of Ufology, I really wasn’t expecting anything earth-shattering, although, finding Richard to be somewhat entertaining in possessing a childlike imagination, to the extent of wondering his age.

I guess what I’m asking is how would you know? He’s trained to play exactly into our cognitive biases - and he’s telling people exactly what they want to believe.

How would you ever untangle the fact from fiction, especially when the fiction is exactly what a lot of people want to be true?

You can either believe he's carefully speaking around a binding security agreement about extraterrestrials or that he's making it up. Occam's razor.

You can either believe he's carefully speaking around a binding security agreement about extraterrestrials or that he's making it up. Occam's razor.
Or he was given a very simple instruction: keep telling the UFO guys what they want to hear, pushing known disinformation the hardest.

He trips himself up several times in this interview alone - I don’t think he has a well thought out narrative. It just adds noise to the signal.

Hell, he flat out lied about the back engineering. Then had to walk that back.

And I really struggle a binding legal agreement with unknown extraterrestrials being the simplest answer to almost any question.

As a counterpoint: they don’t seem to give a crap about our institutional power. Technology, maybe - but they seem totally disinterested in governments. There’s been no White House landing - so why would there be a deal with the military?

Or he was given a very simple instruction: keep telling the UFO guys what they want to hear, pushing known disinformation the hardest.

He trips himself up several times in this interview alone - I don’t think he has a well thought out narrative. It just adds noise to the signal.

Hell, he flat out lied about the back engineering. Then had to walk that back.

And I really struggle a binding legal agreement with unknown extraterrestrials being the simplest answer to almost any question.

As a counterpoint: they don’t seem to give a crap about our institutional power. Technology, maybe - but they seem totally disinterested in governments. There’s been no White House landing - so why would there be a deal with the military?

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was trying to say that him making it up for his own purposes is the simplest answer. It's the one with the least supposition. Him talking around a government security agreement about (not with) extraterrestrials or being a disinformation agent requires a few more assumptions.

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was trying to say that him making it up for his own purposes is the simplest answer. It's the one with the least supposition. Him talking around a government security agreement about (not with) extraterrestrials or being a disinformation agent requires a few more assumptions.
Could be. I’m still in thinking disinformation because of his role in the Bennewitz affair.

But maybe he’s just doing it for attention, like Allende and the Philadelphia Experiment stuff.

Hi All
I haven't posted on the forums for some time, but felt compelled to post. I really enjoyed the Rick Doty show. Lots to chew over. I'm looking forward to hearing him again. I was interested that he mentioned the type of older film Camera used (Canon AE1) by the gentlemen that had encountered some beings behind his secluded home in the desert. From Rick's description the photos were clear and very good quality. I have often heard on the show over the years electronic equipment having problems for one reason or another. I would think an older mechanical 35mm camera would make a great back up camera for this very reason. I own an old Olympus om1 which will work without a battery. Just a thought:) Love listening to the show again. Keep up the good work guys.
All the best John.
PS It must have been a great show, my Girlfriend is about as bored as can be listening to me now:)

Hi All
I haven't posted on the forums for some time, but felt compelled to post. I really enjoyed the Rick Doty show. Lots to chew over. I'm looking forward to hearing him again. I was interested that he mentioned the type of older film Camera used (Canon AE1) by the gentlemen that had encountered some beings behind his secluded home in the desert. From Rick's description the photos were clear and very good quality. I have often heard on the show over the years electronic equipment having problems for one reason or another. I would think an older mechanical 35mm camera would make a great back up camera for this very reason. I own an old Olympus om1 which will work without a battery. Just a thought:) Love listening to the show again. Keep up the good work guys.
All the best John.
PS It must have been a great show, my Girlfriend is about as bored as can be listening to me now:)
Thanks for the positive feedback. You're absolutely right about the classic manual type film cameras too. I have a couple of old ones as well. I also still have an old Sony video camera that I used to take out with me in case something happened. Nothing ever happened. If you want to see a UFO the trick is to make sure you leave your camera and cell phones at home ;) .

Listened to both the Doty interview -- best described as "amusing" -- and the round table.

The AFOSI yearbook for 2016, provides some interesting "official" background information that can be compared to Doty's report of his service decades ago. Using search, "UFO" is found in this publication only once, in relation to project Blue Book, on page 6.

On page 17, Kirkland AFB is listed under the "Special Projects" (PJ) division, and a description of PJ activities is found on page 28.

I found the Doty interview amusing, from face-palm to knee-slapping rollicking guffaw. Navigators of interstellar space lost at Socorro. Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. I’m still in thinking disinformation because of his role in the Bennewitz affair.

But maybe he’s just doing it for attention, like Allende and the Philadelphia Experiment stuff.

Listen to this week's podcast which was cool and have to agree with Chris on the 60% too much correlation to other cases and events which comes to mind a quote from excellent book Lawrence Fawcett & Barry J. Greenwood 'The UFO Cover-Up'(1984) "UFO Are Related to inter-terrestrial intelligence . According to some eminent scientist closely associated with the study of this phenomenon . the hypothesis cannot be disregarded (The well documented sightings over Washington D.C . in 1952 strongly support this view)".p185. Also he signed United States of America National Security Act 1947 etc therefore is would be normal for him to hold back any classified information.

Yup. And he's writing story lines and making money as a consultant on some sort of UFO related movie. Appearances like this are only adding to his resume

Back