• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Manipulating Gravity

The key point here is "...but one researcher is now looking to turn the concept into a reality..." Meaning it's just one scientist and all he has to offer is a mathematical proposal - that's it. I mean I would love scientists to pick it up and move forward to ultimately produce a fear that would allow us to master gravity but...as of today it's miles away from reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interesting but paint me 'skeptical'. If the underlying principle is sound, experiments on a small scale measuring slight changes in gravitational attraction on very small masses should be doable. Positive results would either generate a small media frenzy. Or a clampdown of unprecedented magnitude by the powers that be. Unless the technology involved were incredibly exotic and expensive, gravity manipulation would be a very difficult breakthrough to keep under wraps.

Scientists advance their careers by sharing what they know. Engineers generally advance by keeping secret what they know. This kind of breakthrough would have physicists buzzing like manic bees.

Back