• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mack Maloney Episode

That's very interesting. I really haven't heard many Germans talk about it so I have to say your post was quite insightful.

Personally, while it's difficult to think of Germany and not think of the Nazi regime, I really look at that as a different Germany that only existed for a brief period of time. It's no different, really, from other nations who have had rulers rise up, seize power, and lead their nation into doing terrible things. I think just about any country--probably literally EVERY country--that has had the good fortune of possessing a lot of power at some point in time has done some pretty horrendous things. This is true whether talking about Germany or Russia or Japan or France or China or, my home country, the United States. It seems almost unavoidable. As the saying goes, power corrupts. But even though it wasn't that long ago in the grand scheme of world history, the Nazis have been gone for a while. I don't see why anyone today should feel any sort of guilt or shame over the situation. Sadness, perhaps, for those who died or were treated poorly, but the blame falls upon those who committed those acts.

And while it's different, there's a similar situation that constantly hangs in the air in America. The situation, of course, being slavery and the subsequent civil rights abuses that lasted until very recently. Like you mentioned about Naziism, we are constantly reminded of it. And I myself, being from the Southern part of the country, get a double-dose of it. It definitely gets old. And while I freely recognize that it is a big black mark on American history, and we should not forget that part of our history lest we repeat it--as the saying goes--I certainly won't accept the blame for it. I wasn't there, I didn't do it.

The issue of romanticizing the Nazis is an interesting one. The problem with the Nazi regime is that there are things about it that, for lack of a better way to phrase it, are attractive and that summon up a degree of admiration. I've always found Hitler's rise to power to be fascinating. He was no one special and went from nothing to the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth. The sheer power of his will, and the way that he was able to manipulate the situation, was amazing. His Nazis had a certain air of cool about them that seemed to set them apart (not the least of which was their impeccable fashion sense) and Hitler came within a breath of essentially becoming the ruler of the world. It's pretty difficult to research the Nazis and not admit that those guys were pretty bad ass. The problem, of course, was that Hitler put his energy toward the wrong ends. He chose to work toward evil, rather than good, and a great deal of harm came from it. I have often wondered many times what would've happened to the Third Reich if Hitler had had a noble goal. It's a shame he made the choices that he did, because someone with his drive and charisma could've done a lot of good in the world.

I guess it's a kind of counter-movement now with young people, but otherwise, "moving past" is not really the right word. More like "self-abasement" or "brooding". I was born in 1970, and it's basically been "Be Ashamed!" from day 1, at school, in the media, by peers etc. (at home, the subject was carefully avoided at any cost). And of course, over and over again, by politicians (not only german ones). "Be ashamed to belong to the people who knowingly allowed a bunch of raving extremists to form their government, destroy millions of lives, cause immesurable pain and suffering and lead them into destruction without a second thought".
Nobody came away totally clean from those lousy wars, and there were plenty of German people who were opposed to them. People on all sides got sucked into the propaganda mill. If we're going to lay blame, then blame the international war machine driven by big money, politics, select industrialists, and a relatively few really bad people, not the German people who suffered horribly as a result. I was born in the late 1950s and my impression of the German people has always been associated with innovation and quality of workmanship ... and let's not forget beer gardens and frankfurters :) !

Nobody came away totally clean from those lousy wars, and there were plenty of German people who were opposed to them. People on all sides got sucked into the propaganda mill. If we're going to lay blame, then blame the international war machine driven by big money, politics, select industrialists, and a relatively few really bad people, not the German people who suffered horribly as a result. I was born in the late 1950s and my impression of the German people has always been associated with innovation and quality of workmanship ... and let's not forget beer gardens and frankfurters :) !

Indeed. I'm Brittish, and my grandad was a POW at a 'regular' german camp for several years in the war - yet he always said he was treated well, and even became friends with the Germans who ran the place, and that they told him they didn't agree with the war, that the Nazis where evil and should be stopped, etc.

My gramp always said to me growing up not to judge the German people for the evil caused by Nazis and fascism, and that the regular German people where just like us: normal people caught up in circumstances beyond there control.

First time poster here! I would not be posting but Maloney was such a horrible guest. His lack of knowledge did not prevent him from forming ridged opinions. "They didn't have helicopters in World War 2.". WRONG... The Bennewitz info., WRONG... Then he confuses the Nazi Bell with the whole Nazi's in Antartica/The Moon crowd. WRONG... He was terrible. As an aside just google nazibelluncovered. An acquaintance of mine Simon Gunson from NZ has done some great work there. I think he has the best theory and evidence in regards to the Bell.

I had a very good German friend, now sadly deceased, and we used to have a great laugh debating the war, in terms of the wermacht etc but the Nazis weren't funny. For whatever reason the Nazi's managed to get to power, they weren't doing all the terrible stuff they did later, although anti-semitism was already rife, but it was rife throughout Europe. It's a fact that Germany has to forever bear the stain of what the Nazi's did but not for a second does that mean that anywhere near all Germans at the time even new what was going on and certainly Germans born since have nothing to be guilty of.
Most countries have chapters in their history where unspeakable acts were committed by the state and as usual, it's the dictating few that get some to do the dirty work, while the rest of us don't get a say either way.

Pardon me Gene. Here is the documentation.

Nazi Bell Uncovered

german helicopters world war 2 - Google Search

As for Bennewitz your cohost and Chris Lambright have taught me tons about the case over the years. Thanks KK! I love the way he politely set him straight.

I think the bell was real. There is plenty of evidence it existed. Igor Witkowski's And Joseph Ferrells work is a real eye opener. Even if I don't agree with all their conclusions. Central Europe was a hotbed of nuclear research. These days down here in Wilmington NC they are enriching uranium with lasers. I used to work there.

NRC: GE Laser Enrichment Facility Licensing

I think the bell grew out of the numerous attempts to photo enrichment of mercury. Check out this patent app. Does it sound like the bell?

Patent US5012106 - Axi-symmetrical flow reactor for .sup.196 Hg photochemical enrichment - Google Patents

So I don't think it's time machines, or anti-gravity. Just something as benign as Nazi's with nukes! God help us that's terrifying enough for me!

The Nazi's were actually very good at enrichment. And may have set off their own crude nuclear device.

The Day a Half Ton of Nazi Uranium Entered Portsmouth Harbor

Author fuels row over Hitler's bomb | World news | The Guardian

Speer spoke of the "Uranium Engine" and the need to to give it the highest priority. Fascinating stuff. Maloney is not well versed. How could he be so dismissive?

Thanks, love the show. Both you and KK do a great job!

The bell certainly did exist - it has also been on numerous documentaries: I saw a recent-ish one awhile back, with the researcher - Nick Cook (if I remember correctly) who was examining the ufo mystery on a purely secret government technology slant - physically visited a facility in Germany, where the bell was supposed to have been held (pictures and documents were also shown)

It existed, that much is certain. It's just nobody fully knows WHAT its function was...

UPDATE:

Did a quick YouTube search. Below should be the documentary in full - worth watching if you haven't already - some great CGI reconstructions in it too.

(The bell segment is about fifteen minutes in, I think)

Nick Cook may even make a good possible future Paracast guest...

Pardon me Gene. Here is the documentation.
Nazi Bell Uncovered

Many thanks for that link. That all seems very well researched and documented. I never even dared to look into that, because if anybody notices, you get labeled a right-wing esotericists in no time here.

Unfortunately the Nazi Bell attracts a lot of outlandish claims linking it to anti-gravity theories, or claims that it was a propulsion system for UFOs. I do not subscribe to, nor agree with such claims.

That I can wholeheartedly agree to.
Thanks, love the show. Both you and KK do a great job!

Great job yourself. They should get you on the show. And the guy who put up that site. And the researchers quoted there.

So I don't think it's time machines, or anti-gravity. Just something as benign as Nazi's with nukes! God help us that's terrifying enough for me!

You bet. After reading all that I just had a terrible vision of living in a nuclear wasteland (or rather never having been around at all because my parents, who were infants at the end of the war, got vapourized in a nuclear blast).

The Bell really does fit the description of the Kecksburg UFO. If the reports about the object making a final turning move are correct, then the satellite theory does not fit. Also, many swear they saw something 'acorn' shaped under tarp on a flatbed truck. I'm no expert but I don't think satellites are acorn/bell shaped? I could be wrong on that though, I admit.

The Bell really does fit the description of the Kecksburg UFO. If the reports about the object making a final turning move are correct, then the satellite theory does not fit. Also, many swear they saw something 'acorn' shaped under tarp on a flatbed truck. I'm no expert but I don't think satellites are acorn/bell shaped? I could be wrong on that though, I admit.

You are in some good company with you beliefs. People like Nick Cook, Joseph Ferrell, Igor Witkowski, and the brilliant scientist John Dering agree with you.

Defense contractor's anti-gravity discovery disclosed

I totally respect your point of view. In my mind, personally I feel it was used for enriching Thorium. I do know that they were investigating all the strange side effects. They experimented with plants and I believe even on humans to study the effects of the radiation it emitted. When you get into scalar and quantum physics stuff gets really strange. You may very well be correct. I think of the propulsion system of the pro ported TR3B.

Defense contractor's anti-gravity discovery disclosed

TR3B OR THE USAs MOST SECRET PLANE - CNN iReport

Many thanks for that link. That all seems very well researched and documented. I never even dared to look into that, because if anybody notices, you get labeled a right-wing esotericists in no time here.

Thanks Polt! Simon Gunson is the man when it comes to the Bell. He is the best grassroots researcher out there for this topic. I am just a nuke wonk.

That I can wholeheartedly agree to.

Great job yourself. They should get you on the show. And the guy who put up that site. And the researchers quoted there.

You bet. After reading all that I just had a terrible vision of living in a nuclear wasteland (or rather never having been around at all because my parents, who were infants at the end of the war, got vapourized in a nuclear blast).

Did a quick YouTube search. Below should be the documentary in full - worth watching if you haven't already - some great CGI reconstructions in it too.

(The bell segment is about fifteen minutes in, I think)

Nick Cook may even make a good possible future Paracast guest...

Man, I don't know. He wants to come across as a no-nonsense aerospace journalist on the one hand while on the other hand he seems to want to perpetuate this myth. After I have heard and read some eyewitness accounts of foo fighter sightings, I don't see why anyone would believe they might have been drones remotely controlled with the technology of the 1940s (or the 1950s if we assume they had developped technology that was ahead of its time).

The foo fighter descriptions remind me very much of the "impossible manoeuverability and intelligent behaviour" of many later UFO reports. How should anyone on the ground have been able to steer them that precisely without at least the help of modern computers? And why weren't they used as weapons or flying bombs? The possible explanation that they were intended as reusable means of psychological warfare sounds very apologetic if not to say lame, sorry.

And if the anti-gravity theory hinges only on what a convicted war criminal said to his interrogators (I assume that Sporrenberg was facing at least the high probability of his death sentence at that point), why should anyone believe that? Maybe he had read some science fiction and was feeding them lies. I couldn't find any definitive statements he made, so I can't come to a better informed speculation there but at this point there might even have been a misunderstanding. Maybe he said something about better flight characteristics or he was talking about the ability to hover, as in helicopters or hovercraft (which were still quite unusual back then).

And the historian, Witkowsi, concluding that it was flying saucers... well, it's a theory, but nothing more. A power plant and a strange test rig like structure doesn't equal UFOs. Maybe they had the "bell" there, powered by the plant, but it was "only" a nuclear or high energy experiment, nothing that would have flown.

@ Goggs: how that could have fallen out of the sky at Kecksburg, though, I'd find a little hard to explain. Maybe it was something else, but you're right, the shape strongly reminds of that description and I don't know of any russian or other satellite that could have looked like that either (but I'm of course no expert).

Still, it all sounds kind of constructed to me.

For me the arguments for "The Bell" being an antigravity device are.

1. What was recovered at Kecksburg roughly matches "The Bell". Long before anyone knew "The Bell" existed.

2. Again long before anyone knew of "The Bell", the purported TR3B's spinning mercury drive matches the operation of "The Bell".

3. Rotating superconductive magnets have been proven to have anti gravity effects. Very, very small effects. Anti-gravity Effect? Gravitational Equivalent Of A Magnetic Field Measured In Lab

Con

1. Much of the speculation of anti gravity was based on Witkowski's observation that "The Henge" resembles a helicopter test rig. And it does but, it was the sight of a power plant that was going to provide enormous amounts of DC power to "The Bell" (Strangely enough operation of "The Bell" required both AC and DC power.). DC does not travel as well as AC, so an enormous power plant was being built near the sight of "The Bell". "The Henge" is a dead ringer for power plant cooling tower bases in that area.
nazi bell debunked test rig - Google Search

I have previously stated my evidence that I think it was used for Photo Enrichment. I even included a patent that is pretty much a dead ringer for "The Bell". Again this patent was filed long before Witkowski's discovery. So you know which way I am leaning. I fully acknowledge that there may have been anti gravitic properties.

On a final note. I had the opportunity to ask a nuclear scientist who worked for a foreign program about "The Bell". As I was giving him the description of the device and its operation I described the mysterious "Serum 525". When he heard Mercury impregnated with probably Thorium that glowed reddish while being spun and zapped with DC electricity. He quite out of character stormed off in a thick accent saying Red Mercury nooo noooo. Waving his hands as he left. About 6 hours later he came back and apologized. I explained I just saw it on "UFO Hunters" and did want to upset anyone. He politely said he understood and that he had no idea about "The Bell" or "Red Mercury". I did a little research into "Red Mercury" and its as confusing as "The Bell"!

This was one of my favorite shows in a long time. I thought that the guest was well-spoken and very sensible. I like it that guests with a wide range of theories and opinions are welcome on the Paracast show.

Back