• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mac Tonnies passes away

Just found out after receiving the Paracast Newsletter and I just can't believe it. Although I never knew him he was one of my favourite guests on the show. I disagreed with some of his opinions but they were always logical, cogent and well reasoned. It seems we have lost another one of the already small number of sensible people in the field. May he rest in peace...:(

I'm absolutely heart sick. Mr. Toonies was not only an original thinker but a gentleman in field that is largely populated with miscreants. I will miss his soothing voice and challenging ideas.

In reading the repost on the Daily Grail, I came to this paragraph. It sums up Mac's ability and indeed his need to peel away the layers of the onion and look deeper, thus forcing his reader (or listener) to ponder a myriad of "other" possibilities. What a guy!

"That the ufonauts use a form of mind control is taken as a given by most abduction researchers. But once we concede that our visitors are able to induce or dampen perception at will, where does one draw the line? Who's to say the bulk of abduction narratives can't be interpreted as induced hallucinations? Perhaps some incredible abduction reports, while sincere, reflect an intimate brush with virtual reality rather than encounters with humanoid extraterrestrials."

Wow, what a shock! I had just spent Friday walking about town listening to an interview with him on another podcast and thinking how much I always enjoyed listening to him. I was looking forward to his book and even visited his blog later that day.

Then I got the Paracast newsletter..... :(

So young too.

So sad to hear this. I found out this morning when I went to download the paracast.
Whilst I didnt agree with almost any of his theories on UFO's, I completely admired his ability to think outside the box.
I can only hope Mac has inspired others to follow in his footsteps.

Back