• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mac Tonnies passes away

Others have already expressed what needs to be said far better than I can. There are times when it seems justice and mercy are almost impossible to find in this universe.:frown:

Damn. Double damn. I sure hate to hear that. Mac was cool and smart. The average IQ of the paranormal field just went way down.

Here's to ya, Mac. Ya done good.

Mac,

I loved your name. I loved your mind. I loved your grace, lucidity and calmness. You are missed now. You will be missed forever. Thank you for adding your light to the sum of light.

Wherever you are, I hope you are still searching for the "truth." Better yet, I hope you find it.

sic itur ad astra,

z

If anyone is looking for something to listen to, besides Macs excellecnt Paracast interviews, here is one with Kimball and Greg Bishop that some might not have heard. Definitely worth a listen:

Part 1
Part 2

Sharp intellect. Open mind. Careful thinker. I didn't know him personally but would occasionally comment on items over at Posthuman Blues and without fail Mac always responded with a useful insight. My sincerest condolences to those of you who knew him personally.

To dance beneath the diamond sky

Mac was my friend. We often exchanged emails and tweets. I never met him in person but knew him as the kindest and gentlest of souls. I recently shared a song with him, which he re-blipped: Mr. Tambourine Man; part of the lyric especially makes me think of Mac:

... take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RIP dear friend.

My heartfelt condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of Mac Tonnies.

It speaks volumes when so many people who never actually met Mr. Tonnies (myself included) feel such a loss with his passing.

I know it's probably too early to make this suggestion. Having lost my sister and mother in the last 3.5 years I know how draining the loss of a loved one can be but reading obituaries by Greg Bishop and Nick Redfern I noticed that Mac Tonnies finished (or almost finished) his manuscript 'The Cryptoterrestrials.'

Personally, I think it would be great thing to get his manuscript to the publisher. Maybe Greg Bishop, Nick Redfern or Paul Kimball would be willing to help with that task. It could help Mac's family financially, and in a way it can be a homage and an appropriate sending off. Every artist wants to display his work anyway.
I apologise if some people find this to sudden and to early. Maybe it's something for the future.

TerraX reading between the lines of earlier posts I would be surprised if this didn't happen.

I'll be first in line to buy it. Absolutely.

Have just finished putting up a more respectful obit. I didn't know Mac had so many fans, but I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks Paul for introducing us.

I am still going through a range of emotions. Still thinking I can call his number, and he'll answer.

Is there any word on what happened yet? I vaguely remember Mac posting a photo of himself in hospital once, and I thought to myself maybe he had a medical condition.

Of course it might have been an appendix thing or anything going on in that photo.

What ever happened, I hope it was peaceful.

That's a beautiful tribute Paul Kimball. I never knew Mac Tonnies myself, but I've listened to his interviews / shows on The Paracast before and listened to the show he was on Coast To Coast last month that night while it was broadcast live, and visited his website and blog and twitter several times in recent months. I've always found The Crypto-Terrestrial idea very interesting.

It was a real blow yesterday to find out he passed away, he was only five years older than me, and brought so much provoking thought to this field. He will be greatly missed by all. :frown:

Is there any word on what happened yet? I vaguely remember Mac posting a photo of himself in hospital once, and I thought to myself maybe he had a medical condition.

It was gall bladder surgery.

Paul

That's a beautiful tribute Paul Kimball. I never knew Mac Tonnies myself, but I've listened to his interviews / shows on The Paracast before and listened to the show he was on Coast To Coast last month that night while it was broadcast live, and visited his website and blog and twitter several times in recent months. I've always found The Crypto-Terrestrial idea very interesting.

It was a real blow yesterday to find out he passed away, he was only five years older than me, and brought so much provoking thought to this field. He will be greatly missed by all. :frown:

As the song lyrics say, he trusted in his calling, and made sure it was true. He changed the fault lines, and he changed me, as he changed so many others.

Paul

What a sad, sad event for everyone who had the chance to appreciate his find mind. Count myself very lucky to have enjoyed Mac here and elsewhere.

Rest and rock in peace.

Is there any central place where we can all leave tributes, and messages of condolence to Mac's nearest and dearest?

Back