• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mac Tonnies passes away

What a horrible year for UFOlogy. I don't even know what to say. Ever since discovering Mac's work I was impressed by his forward thinking, especially at such a young age.

RIP Mac, thank you for your contributions to this field, you will be greatly missed.

My condolences to friends and family of Mac Tonnies. I didn't knew him directly but I did check out his blog Posthuman Blues from time to time. He was a ultra-modern ufologist and an out-of-the-box thinker. His approach to ufology was almost like that of a fashion designer, slapping on haute couture theories on the various bodies of the paranormal until they were snug and fit. He will be sorely missed.

What a sad and tragic loss. 34 is too young for anyone to go, yet alone someone whose thought processes seemed light years ahead of the rest of us. Ufology is a darker place today, as is the greater world. My deepest sympathies to all those who were close to Mac.

RIP, my Twitter friend - you may be gone, but you won't be forgotten. I just hope there's good coffee wherever you've gone, not to mention the full Smiths back catalogue on a continuous loop.

This is terrible news. im speechless, there really is nothing I can add to what has already been said.

My condolences to his friends, collegues and of course his family. Mac was truely a gifted individual.

Oh wow, so YOUNG! :eek: Does anyone know how he died at such a young age? My sincere condolences! :(
I suppose we'll learn the sad details, but I would tend to think that maybe he had some kind of congenital condition he didn't discuss with friends. Or it was just one of those things. We never know the time and the place -- or maybe we do.

My dad, for example, died on my birthday in 1988. The night before, he spent a longer amount of time than usual on the telephone just talking about things. When I thought about it the next day, I came to believe he knew his time was almost up.

This is a terrible loss. Mac was a great human being and a true gentleman. It's very sad news. This brilliant man made a huge contribution, and there was much more to come. I will pray for his family and friends.

With Love and an aching heart, Cailean.

This is horrible news.

Rest in peace Mac, you were one of a kind and proof that the open-minded intellect is invaluable, but sadly too rare and too brief in this world.

I'm sorry that the Paracast will have another tribute show but it is most deserved. And Gene & David, thank you for introducing me to Mac Tonnies.

-Todd

I suppose we'll learn the sad details, but I would tend to think that maybe he had some kind of congenital condition he didn't discuss with friends. Or it was just one of those things. We never know the time and the place -- or maybe we do.

My dad, for example, died on my birthday in 1988. The night before, he spent a longer amount of time than usual on the telephone just talking about things. When I thought about it the next day, I came to believe he knew his time was almost up.

Same happened with my beloved Grandma. I spoke to her on the phone and the next morning, she was gone (and it was very sudden and completely unexpected from everyone).

And right now, I am mid-taking care of a loved one who is probably very soon about to go, and am feelin' the stress of it. But I'm also realizing how important it is to just appreciate and spend QUALITY time with those you love in your life.

Mac, will be missed by so many. The effect he had on those in his life (and in this world) will never be forgotten.

Bixyboo

Rest In Peace, Mac. I'm gonna listen again the episodes with Mac and read his thoughts and ideas on his blog, damn time - I never had a time to read his blog. I'm almost 33 and...it is hard to realize that he's passed away THAT SOON - 34 :(

Rest In Peace, Mac.

WOW. when I read the title I thought it was going to be some quippy thing saying that he was retiring from the field. This is just shocking. There is little justice in a world where Bin Laden lives and Mac Tonnies dies.

Geez I feel like a tool for the other thread.

Mac will certainly be missed. His viewpoint was certainly original and he had quite a bit to contribute.

I'm sure the tribute show will be special.

I have been on a "Mac" kick lately. Listening to everything that I knew he was on.
Mac was one of my favorites in this field and I am at a loss to say anything else.
Sail on Mac. You're there now.

Oh boy what can you say? I woke up to the news this morning and ... I just don't know what to say. I never knew him but I was always checking out the latest interview if I could. What a loss. He had 50/60 years of great ideas and thinking about us, the nature of reality everything ahead of him ... and he's gone.

All I can say is my deepest deepest sympathies (to the power n ... n being the biggest number you can think of) go out to his friends and family.

Boy ... I'm utterly speechless ... what a world ... god I don't know what to say ...

Rest in peace, Mac. You WILL be sorely missed.

I still cant believe it, he was probably my favorite Paracast guest and I absolutely loved reading his blog.

Rest In Peace, you will be missed.

OMG talk about a shocking blow. I am truly stunned.

I cant remember ever being this sad after hearing news of the passing of someone I didn't know personally. I feel winded.

What a terrible, terrible loss.

RIP Mac.

Having just turned 34 myself recently this is doubly upsetting news. I'm actually kind of angry he's died. It's not fair, not fair at all... and it's not right, he wasn't done teaching us stuff.

I don't know a great deal about this field. I don't know a great deal about the personalities in this field. What I do know is that I appreciated the contributions that Mac made to the Paracast, and to this field in general. He presented a well thought out side to the world of UFOs.

Rest in Peace Mac.

I have had Post Human Blues bookmarked since I heard Mac on this show. I would shoot him the occasional cool link.
I was just cleaning out my mailbox and stumbled over this...for what it's worth.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attachments

• mac.JPG
    mac.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 108
Back