• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Love the show.. quick question

sylithan

Paranormal Novice
So like the title says... I love the show have been listening to archive shows in between the new shows. Great stuff and VERY intresting... BUT!!! Why is it you focus so much on ufology why not dive deeper and get more into the paranormal and metaphysical.. don't get me wrong I enjoy the ufo and extraterrestrial stuff. Just curious why not more?

Thank you and keep up the great show gene and chris

I think I can answer on behalf of Gene and Chris although they may step in and correct me.

For many of us, Ufology is our pet subject. It interests us maybe as much as all other paranormal subjects combined. It is for many of us also the topic that first hooked many of us mainly due to either direct exposure in reality, the culture or in books.
Gene has been fascinated by Ufo's since the early 1960's and Chris had a very strange nighttime experience as a boy, an experience that defies categorisation. He spent years investigation the San Luis Valley and has seen a number of strange objects in the sky.

I think also that for many of us, if Ufo's are real, then Ufology could be more like a scientific area of research as opposed to other paranormal subjects that many would argue have a far less real - world physicality about them. To be unkind, these other topics are sometimes even more woo-woo-crystals-from-Sedona than the subject of Ufo's!

I believe when Gene and the original co-host, David Biedny, began recording the show, they fully intended that the show would concentrate on Ufo's but still cover other topics.
Of course if you actually look through the archives and Google the names of the guests you will see there are so many episodes covering other topics. The ratio compared to ufo shows may be quite low but considering how long the show has been going, there are a large number of non-ufo shows to enjoy. So yes, it's a Ufo-heavy show no doubt but there are still countless other topics to listen to.

it's an obsession - can't be helped.
obsession.JPG

but open to understanding how these anomalous experiences happen to be connected together.

Back