• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Love Paracast...but what else should I listen to?

dr.abbadon

Paranormal Maven
I listen to the Paracast every week, I also subscribe to Red Ice Radio/Mysterious Universe on my iphone. Admittedly I have gravited towards listening to all things from the Paranormal type podcasts to the varied topics that Red Ice Radio addresses. Is there anything out there anyone can recommend?

I listen to the Paracast every week, I also subscribe to Red Ice Radio/Mysterious Universe on my iphone. Admittedly I have gravited towards listening to all things from the Paranormal type podcasts to the varied topics that Red Ice Radio addresses. Is there anything out there anyone can recommend?

DMR aka Dark matters Radio would be a very very good start.

The first two recommendations are excellent. I also like Darkness Radio. It can be silly at times but they have good balance. They also tend to have more of the paranormal so it's a good balance to the Paracast which has more u.f.o. Both are good, I'm just saying it's a good way to get a wide variety. I did enjoy the XZone podcast but lately on itunes (which is where I get them) they are a year or more old, yet dated recently. So, buyer (although it's a free download) beware I guess. I also like The Conspiracy Show with Richard Syrett.

If you're interested in Bigfoot, the BIPCast shows (years old) are excellent. It's less focused follow-up, The Bigfoot Show, is a fun, intelligent, but a VERY casual listen. I'll also suggest trying out old episodes of Let's Talk Bigfoot, which had some wonderful episodes (some clunkers as well, depending on their guests). If someone is interested but overwhelmed, I can recommend some specific episodes to start up with.

I occasionally listen to Gralien Report or Mysterious Universe, but only for the interviews.

Skeptiko has some great episodes (Deborah Blum, Rick Strassman, Rupert Sheldrake) but the host sometimes really gets on my nerves (Lisa Miller interview).

Behind the Paranormal is perhaps the only podcast that talks fairly regularly with Paul Devereux, so I catch some episodes of that one now and then.

I also scout for interviews with specific people, regardless of the podcast. E.g. I'll do a google search with "Dean Radin" +podcast and download all I can find. I might do the same with Nick Redfern (an avalanche), Rev. Ivan Stang or Lyle Blackburn.

I like the conspiracy show with Richard Syrett (not so much paranormal but still a good show), and agree DMR is excellent as well.

I like to hear Richard say "Move over Aphrodite, I'm coming home." ;) He really seems like a good guy. Can't tell over the radio or the interwebs of course. But, good show.

J. T. said "... Behind the Paranormal is perhaps the only podcast that talks fairly regularly with Paul Devereux, so I catch some episodes of that one now and then..."

Righteous call, I forgot all about the enos', looking forward to their return on the paracast

I listen to mostly comedy related podcasts.

The Joe Rogan Experience
Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr
Deathsquad
Beauty and Da Beast
The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
Ari Shaffer's Skeptic Tank

I saw Bill Burr last year when I went to a live taping of The Nerdist podcast - he's really funny.
He has become my favorite comedian. His stand up is flawless and his podcast (with him just talking by himself) is hilarious every week. Between him and Joey Diaz I never laugh more then listening to those guys.

Back