• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Louis Jarvis

Then you should be posing that to Christopher O'Brien and Gene Steinberg for having him on in the first place.

I have raised this point to Gene, and that's all I'll say about it.

As for Rich, yes, his reputation has suffered by appearing on the same stage as kooks who think the World Trade Center was brought down by alien particle beams. I've made that point to him (and Stan Friedman over the years also), but everyone has to follow their own path and make their own choices, and then live with them.

And as I see absolutely nothing worth further discussion about Jarvis' craziness, I'm out of this thread.

Well, beyond clearing the cache, or updating Firefox if it's an older version, nothing comes to mind.

So it isn't happening to anyone else? I have it set to automatically update so it should be fine in that area. Current version is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

But if nobody else is getting the error than it might be something else on my PC. What drives me crazy is that if it happens everything I typed is lost. I can't just click the back button and get it back like with some forums. Has happened a few times with long replies and I wanted to punch something, ha ha. I try to copy everything before I post because I know it may happen but sometimes I forget.

Seems to happen most when I quote someone.

Edit: Oh, just saw I'm not the only one.

So it isn't happening to anyone else? I have it set to automatically update so it should be fine in that area. Current version is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

But if nobody else is getting the error than it might be something else on my PC. What drives me crazy is that if it happens everything I typed is lost. I can't just click the back button and get it back like with some forums. Has happened a few times with long replies and I wanted to punch something, ha ha. I try to copy everything before I post because I know it may happen but sometimes I forget.

Seems to happen most when I quote someone.

Edit: Oh, just saw I'm not the only one.

We updated forum software in the last couple of weeks. I'll see if there's any maintenance I can run to see if things run better.

I think it is useful to have people like Jarvis on the show. I mean you only have to listen to the guy and you can quickly and easily make up your mind about him.
To be fair to him he is at least entertaining and some of his stuff could have some merit to it.
It's kind of like Gene & Chris are offering him up as an example of who to be wary of when seeing his name advertised on any show or podcast. A bit like how I am now wary of Ricard Dolan or Nick Pope.

There's that ominous Ray Stanford show on the horizon.

I finally got around to listening to Stanford's meltdown on Greg's Radio Misterioso last night - the one where he just flipped out on Walter Bosley (who, to his eternal credit, didn't call Stanford out for being the complete ass that he was). As far as I'm concerned, any credibility that Stanford had disappeared years ago... but that's another story, for another thread, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Two Cats wrote:

Can you point out where I did that? I have tried to be careful to stop that.
Thanks,

Lance

Well you know lance, you have indeed been a good boy lately and i suppose you should get kudos where kudos are due. But i get the feeling you are only ever a bee's appendage away from cutting loose on someone and i hope that does not happen, i truly do!:)

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

I finally got around to listening to Stanford's meltdown on Greg's Radio Misterioso last night - the one where he just flipped out on Walter Bosley (who, to his eternal credit, didn't call Stanford out for being the complete ass that he was). As far as I'm concerned, any credibility that Stanford had disappeared years ago... but that's another story, for another thread, isn't it?

I kind of remember the being a melt down of sorts when he last appeared on the Paracast when Biedney was still around. I think the both of them ended up have some kind of hissy fit from memory.

I finally got around to listening to Stanford's meltdown on Greg's Radio Misterioso last night - the one where he just flipped out on Walter Bosley (who, to his eternal credit, didn't call Stanford out for being the complete ass that he was). As far as I'm concerned, any credibility that Stanford had disappeared years ago... but that's another story, for another thread, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Yes, especially considering the fact that Stanford is returning to The Paracast to answer a few questions. :)

I heard that a while back (Or maybe it was a different one. I heard him go bonkers on someone when they suggested some military person might be feeding him disinformation.) and it was hilarious.

Edit: Checked and it's the same interview.

Radio Misterioso Part 2

I happen to like listening to different points of view as long as they are not pulling off a big hoax. I don't see Jarvis trying to pull a hoax on anyone. I like Leslie as well, but its nice to have a guest once and a while who is not there simply to sell books and promote their book.

Jarvis had an interesting life and met some interesting people, which gives him a unique perspective. I don't think someone who has a different perspective is necessarily a "wackjob" at all. Its a big world out there.

I feel there are some areas were Jarvis goes off the deep end, but there are some things he says that I find educational. Louis is not all that bad of a guest at all, so cut him some slack. I am not saying he should be a guest every week, but at least its not the same old "lights in the sky" doom and gloom crowd.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Another thing is that Native Americans have alot more insight into the whole paranormal field than we give them credit for. I am guilty as a whiteman of sometimes looking past the Natives who carved the Petroglyphs and lived here before anyone else.

He will have to grovel come the month of MAY, if he is wrong. In Fairness he spoke with such assurance that this would happen. So no harm nothing to lose. I have no problem waiting to see if this end of day Prophecy does take place or will i be already dead to notice it happened!!!

I personally have my doubts, who wouldn't, prophecy never comes to pass ever. But I don't think anyone with a sane mind will disagree with Jarvis a war is looming probably with in a year or so. Israel will have to take some action against Iran since Intelligence reports now are claiming Iran will have the capacity to build one or two strike capable nukes within one year down from five years one year ago. This is totally unacceptable to the state of Israel, one nuke is all that is needed to take out Tel Aviv and poison the air and water supply and kill many Civilians.

The Military Industrial complex of the United States fully understands an attack by them our Israel will destabilize the region. They most have factored into their intelligence briefings what possible onslaught will occur once the attack was green lighted? Once it starts it could escalate further more countries enter the fray, and that leads to the possibility of Nuclear exchange a frightening prospect to even envision in ones own mind.

Another thing is that Native Americans have alot more insight into the whole paranormal field than we give them credit for. I am guilty as a whiteman of sometimes looking past the Natives who carved the Petroglyphs and lived here before anyone else.

I actually studied Petroglyphs during my Art History degree with an expert on the subject - I assure you that there is nothing "paranormal" about them, that is of course unless you think all art is paranormal.

Once again we disagree. They were made way before you were born. Unless you got in a time machine and flew back in time, you Angel would have no idea what happened back then.

Also let me suggest you take some education from Walter Bosley and Ron Regher who have spent hundreds of hours actually reading and deciphering the symbols.

This is not some college art book.

Also

I must point out that a college art class ---------->gives you ZERO qualification

I guess what I mean is what you read in your COLLEGE COLORING CLASS about HOPI PETROGLYPHS-------------------------->does not compare to actually doing in depth research.

Therefore I discount your snappy conclusion based on your level of knowledge, which seems very limited at best.

I have a degree in Art History from Concordia University, one of the best Fine Arts Faculties in Canada (I work there though, so I may have a bias)- so it's not just "some college art class." Before you start making claims that I have ZERO qualification, get all the facts. If there's one topic I am qualified to comment on, it is the visual arts.
So, no need to discount my "snappy" conclusion because I actually know what I'm talking about and studied the topic academically (that means research!!!). You can disagree, but don't question my academic background.

i have a degree in art history from concordia university, one of the best fine arts faculties in canada (i work there though, so i may have a bias)- so it's not just "some college art class." before you start making claims that i have zero qualification, get all the facts. If there's one topic i am qualified to comment on, it is the visual arts.
So, no need to discount my "snappy" conclusion because i actually know what i'm talking about and studied the topic academically (that means research!!!). You can disagree, but don't question my academic background.

removed because of infraction

Tell me your knowledge of "Ley Lines"

I will wait for your brilliant response.

Really? You question my academic credibility and you ask me about Ley Lines? They have absolutely nothing to do with art, which is what a Petroglyph is. Way to come back with a logical fallacy.

orion4_et_petroglyph1.jpg

Petroglyph at Cottonwood Creek Ruin
near Homolovi State Park, Arizona

orion4_shaman_web.jpg

What is the meaning behind these HOPI Glyphs.

Angel I will wait for you to reply with the full meaning behind those.

In the academic world one does not just make a claim without doing proper research. If you would really like me to analyse the two specific images, I will need to know exactly where they come from so I can look at other art by the same tribe. With that, I can research academic journals and books on the topic. For now I come to the conclusion that they are abstract motifs, perhaps to portray a dream or vision the artist may have had.

RygaWa - you strike me as combative and frustrated when someone questions your view on any topic, and in this case you resort to a personal attack on my credibility and academic background. You need to stop doing that. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to art.

Back