• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lloyd Pye and Starchild

Tom Levine said:
That's "Mr. Akroyd" to you, young man...Kidding. Do you know him, or are you lovingly referring to him as "Dan"?

As to The Paracast. I dunno. We probably best represent the core of the demographic, at least in part. It's probably a smart approach to market to those most interested in your product first, before hitting the mainstream..."in select markets" type of thing...create a buzz.

A.LeClair, I kind of remember a little bit about what you're talking about. Somewhere, back when, I read or listened to Akroyd describe his UFO encounter(s). I don't remember the specifics, but I wasn't left with a solid impression. I should dig his book out and give it a second look. Oh wait. I think my wife donated it to good-will. Yes, it's not exactly David Deutschs "The Fabric of Reality"....;) Wasn't much of a keeper.

Still, he is Dan Akroyd, a wild and crazy ufologist.

I don't know him, my netiquette is just poor. I hope it stays that way.

He thinks aliens were calling to him to come out and play. Seriously. Only a slight spin on my part for brevity's sake.

The Mars Attacks thing already went through my mind. In fact, in the next video, you will see me playing with the jaw with the eyes in it going "Ack Ack!"

I have a definite sense of humor about this, and don't take people's comments too seriously.

The reconstruction is fairly straightforward, and will continue in a methodical, and largely scientific manner. One thing is for certain, it is not going to look like the rendering on the cover of Lloyd's book.

Thanks for the nice comments, and kudos.

You folks have a great forum here.

Tommy,

I just wanted to welcome you to our forums, and thank you for adding your voice to the conversation. I watched the video, and am very impressed with your modeling skills and cool, level approach to this reconstruction.

So am I being a bit too forward in asking you what YOU think about this skull? As you might know, we had a bit of a negtive encounter with Mr. Pye, it seems that anyone who doesn't buy into his "alternative knowledge" is somehow not worthy of even being part of the discussion. Given that you've taken a serious interest, and are doing what appears to be practical and useful work on deepening the understanding of this artifact, what are your thoughts?

dB

David,

I'll PM you privately and ask that what I tell you remain between you and I for now.

David Biedny said:
Tommy,

So am I being a bit too forward in asking you what YOU think about this skull? As you might know, we had a bit of a negtive encounter with Mr. Pye, it seems that anyone who doesn't buy into his "alternative knowledge" is somehow not worthy of even being part of the discussion.
dB

It's funny that you would have a negative encounter with Lloyd. He has never rubbed me the wrong way, but it's not to say that he could. He's a nice enough guy, and I would imagine that he's heard a LOT of stuff about the skull that he's heard time and again. I myself have brought up a few things to him, and he's been polite when talking to me about them.

I have my own opinions on the skull, but am waiting for a couple of crucial points to be clarified before I make a final call on it. The genetic testing is key to the whole thing being terrestrial, or extra-terrestrial. Once that is finally nailed down, then I think pretty much everyone will have to agree on something.

At any rate, thanks for allowing me to post. I should have the last two videos up over the weekend.

Tommy Allison said:
It's funny that you would have a negative encounter with Lloyd. He has never rubbed me the wrong way, but it's not to say that he could. He's a nice enough guy, and I would imagine that he's heard a LOT of stuff about the skull that he's heard time and again. I myself have brought up a few things to him, and he's been polite when talking to me about them.

I have my own opinions on the skull, but am waiting for a couple of crucial points to be clarified before I make a final call on it. The genetic testing is key to the whole thing being terrestrial, or extra-terrestrial. Once that is finally nailed down, then I think pretty much everyone will have to agree on something.

At any rate, thanks for allowing me to post. I should have the last two videos up over the weekend.

Yeh, all my interactions with him have been great. He's passionate about his work and has caught a lot of hell, so this might get to him at times I imagine.

I too am waiting for the results.

Ever done any work on the Patterson bigfoot film Tommy? The skeletal depiction on Legend Meets Science by chance? Anyway, I would like to see any other work you've done on "paranormal" style things.

This is my first foray into what could be called The Paranormal, however, the stuff I'm doing is grounded more or less in science and physiology. I got involved after hearing Lloyd's story on Coast To Coast, and did some more research.

I am currently editing 3 hours of footage shot of the reconstruction, pairing it up with stills, and some of Lloyd's information. Eventually I will release a DVD of it.

This is new ground for me, and would like to do more of this work if it comes my way. I enjoy it quite a bit.

I should have the finished project up tonight.

Tommy

Men Around Screen said:
ZenkoiCherepa001.jpg

That chick is HOT!!!

Back to the star child.
I think that Lloyd as something... but It just looks like a deformed skull to me. I think he is sencere because he actually thinks it is something... maybe he does. As for buying his special edition book... My god. That is bit weak. I laughed at that GEM. I think when it is tested by a real scientist, we can put an end to his starchild tour... When is it when people in general talk about all these tests they never, bring along their scientist on the shows... Lloyd can write anything in his book...

David Biedny said:
Guys,

We appreciate all the feedback on the episode.

I think that I was kind of easy on Lloyd Pye, when he made statements about anthropology being a largely self-taught science,
dB

I totally thought you would have said something on that CRAZY statement.
Sure everything may not be known... and new things are learned on the job... Like most jobs... but to say it is a largely self-taught science... absurd.

Recon said:
I totally thought you would have said something on that CRAZY statement.
Sure everything may not be known... and new things are learned on the job... Like most jobs... but to say it is a largely self-taught science... absurd.

We did comment on that in the second part of the show :)

This post is directed at Recon.

Just out of curiosity, what is your criteria for a "Real Scientist"?

The reason why I ask, is because I've been dealing with some of the people involved with the Starchild project, and they all are indeed "Real Scientists".

As I've said before, I'm a skeptic. I'm still waiting for the last of the Genetic tests to come back, which should be done sometime in the near future. I myself want to see what they come back with in regards to the father's genetic material.

What I don't understand from you, is this notion that there aren't "Real Scientists", or "Real Science" involved.

At no time did I say anything to anyone about buying Lloyd's book. For starters I'm not a big believer in buying books about the paranormal, as it only encourages hacks to keep writing crazy things. Like Sylvia Browne for instance.

Lloyd is a pretty decent guy, and he's a believer in what he says, and when the day comes when he finds out that he's been wrong, he's the kind of guy who will be the first to admit it.

Gene Steinberg said:
We did comment on that in the second part of the show :)

i'll have to listen again.. I came home from a party that night and was a little drunk when listening to that show, lol...

Tommy Allison said:
This post is directed at Recon.

Just out of curiosity, what is your criteria for a "Real Scientist"?

The reason why I ask, is because I've been dealing with some of the people involved with the Starchild project, and they all are indeed "Real Scientists".

As I've said before, I'm a skeptic. I'm still waiting for the last of the Genetic tests to come back, which should be done sometime in the near future. I myself want to see what they come back with in regards to the father's genetic material.

What I don't understand from you, is this notion that there aren't "Real Scientists", or "Real Science" involved.

At no time did I say anything to anyone about buying Lloyd's book. For starters I'm not a big believer in buying books about the paranormal, as it only encourages hacks to keep writing crazy things. Like Sylvia Browne for instance.

Lloyd is a pretty decent guy, and he's a believer in what he says, and when the day comes when he finds out that he's been wrong, he's the kind of guy who will be the first to admit it.

Real Scientists, that depends... There are many people out that that think being self taught in a profession is good enough... I don't. Schooling would be nice to start with a foundation...

Lloyd, has been at this for years... it has taken him quit a while to get all these tests done... why not get the genetic tests done first? if he thinks this is the nail in the coffin, why wait to do this last?

That ain't an alien head that's why...

So, Um... Would you think a guy like Dr. David Sweet from BOLD labs in Canada isn't a scientist?

He's one of the people I've been conferring with on this reconstruction. He's also one of the people involved with Lloyd. There are other people who are indeed scientists involved.

If you're saying Lloyd is not a scientist, I wouldn't know. I don't know his educational background. I'm just the guy doing the reconstruction. Just for the record, I'm not a scientist by trade, but spent a good deal of money on my education in not only art, but in science as well. I'm not one of your self-educated types. If I were, I guess I wouldn't have asked you what your criteria of a real scientist is.

I too am a skeptic. Probably even more so than most. I've done a lot of work in this field, and this is the first one I've done where there have been more questions than answers. I have my own thoughts on what this is, and am still open minded enough to entertain the possibilities that Lloyd could be right.

Do I think he's right? I have no idea. All I know is what I've read thus far. Like you, I have my own questions and doubts as I'm not a true believer. I think that you aren't giving some of the people involved the credit that they are due. There are REAL scientists involved in this, and if you take a look at who's talking to Lloyd, you'll find out that out.

If you will download and carefully listen to the interview, you will hear Pye say that he is self taught in whatever knowledge he has of anthropology, he never said that anthropologists are self taught, or any statement remotely like it.
As for what constitutes a "Real Scientist," if we accept official academic accreditation as being a necessary qualification, then I guess we'll have to dismiss the works of revolutionary thinkers like Tesla, Edison, and most of the great minds of the Renaissance who laid the foundation for all that has followed.

Mogwa said:
If you will download and carefully listen to the interview, you will hear Pye say that he is self taught in whatever knowledge he has of anthropology, he never said that anthropologists are self taught, or any statement remotely like it.
As for what constitutes a "Real Scientist," if we accept official academic accreditation as being a necessary qualification, then I guess we'll have to dismiss the works of revolutionary thinkers like Tesla, Edison, and most of the great minds of the Renaissance who laid the foundation for all that has followed.

I'm reminded of something I heard about Einstein. When Einstein first met a scientist he told him that he had never met a scientist before. The scientist replied, "You've never looked in the mirror?". He didn't have credentials at the time but was still a scientist.

Lloyd and others consider himself an amateur anthropologist. Sort of like an amateur astronomer. There are non-amateurs involved in the project however.

I see morons with credentials and without. Same with geniuses. Good work done by either camps, as well as bad. Credentials have never had much weight with me. Appealing to authority is something I try to avoid. Which is considered unscientific btw. Even by credentialed scientist like Sagan interestingly enough.

I often see non credentialed people comment on things they think one needs credentials to speak about. This is odd. If they don't need credentials to comment, why should anyone else? How are they qualified to make their comments on other people's qualifications or how good of getting at truth a person is? They have degrees in epistemology?

I think anyone, and everyone should have an opinion based on what they glean from the information available.

I have different insights as I'm a bit closer to the project, but at the same time, I'm a skeptic and take everything with a grain of salt.

I took on this project because of the very fact that there are other people involved who are very credentialed. As far as Lloyd's self-taught credentials, I have no problem with them, because I know a lot of very educated morons in my field.

Regardless, Recon is entitled to his opinion. I was simply trying to figure out what he meant by "Real Scientist". If you can walk the walk, and talk the talk, education aside, it shouldn't make you less credible. I mean, take a look at what it's done for people in politics.

Very impressive work, Tommy. Thank you for posting your work. Do you plan on applying a skin texture and hair?

Back