• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Listener Round Table

I'm interested in hearing about this as well, maybe it should be another thread? I find it much more interesting concept wise than the tired old idea of the souls of the dead back to visit us for whatever reason.
That's just it - Nameless said it about narratives, writing stories etc. Inventing and thinking through new thought experiments is far more entertaining than trying to debate each other's facts through link wars etc. over evolution or climatology - R. I. P., please.

We're at our best in jest, wit and imagination, at least that's where my entertainment value comes from. However, I certainly can not entertain that the Kennedy assassination was planned out by script writers of Route 66 (even if it had some pretty cool stories and a great cast and with strong guest appearances). So, yes, Ufology, bring on those E.T. ghosts, so I can go look for some in the backyard with my dog.

Question for you guys:

Let's suppose that human activity has not been a significant contributing factor to climate change, but regardless, there seems to be evidence that a climate shift is underway. What ( if anything ) can we do to either adapt to or affect the planetary weather to avoid or lessen any impending disasters? I'm reminded of an old Star Trek TNG episode where the Enterprise encounters an ancient mysterious probe that causes Picard to live an entire lifetime as part of a species on a planet that is undergoing global warming.
that is a great question ufology... adaption is the only thing we can do. Adaption is how polar bears and humans came to be what they/we are today. Adapting to climate change is an important part of the evolution of all species.

Thanks, I remember that thread and if I recall correctly it was mostly speculation around the Skinwalker Ranch episode. I was hoping for something that had more specific examples of cases where strange phenomena were better explained by being a function of technology rather than the typical explanations normally presented. It was just a thought, maybe something to get us off the ridiculous, going nowhere global warming debate that has been done to death a number of times on this site.

Thanks, I remember that thread and if I recall correctly it was mostly speculation around the Skinwalker Ranch episode. I was hoping for something that had more specific examples of cases where strange phenomena were better explained by being a function of technology rather than the typical explanations normally presented. It was just a thought, maybe something to get us off the ridiculous, going nowhere global warming debate that's been done to death a number of times on this site.

Good point. The GW debate is like arguing about the weather ;) ... Unfortunately when I was talking about the parallels between paranormal phenomena and alien technology, I had no specific cases in mind because IMO the parallels are so ubiquitous that they can almost be considered common knowledge. Nevertheless, it would be cool to team up with a paranormal researcher and write a casebook about it. It would probably make a fascinating read. If anyone out there is interested please get in touch. I'd approach Chris but he's in the middle of his resurrected cattle mutilation project ( not as in resurrected cattle ... but you know what I mean ) ... although come to think of it, there is a certain parallel between resurrected cattle going and the Ascension of Christ ... some people even worship cows.

FBI-files-cows-abduction-by-aliens.jpg
ascension1.jpg

One argument against the ET observation/interaction idea proposed by UFOlogy doesn't really explain apparitions in my opinion. Apparitions tend to take on distinctly human appearance, sometimes familiar, sometimes not. Are we thinking ET is mimicking appearance of known humans? Sure, the shadow people or poltergeist phenomona may hint at effects of ET interaction, but not apparitions, I think.

You guys talked about it for two minutes. I wanted something with meat. I understood his idea to be broadsweeping, that is to say that it included full body apparitions and things of that sort. Ufies wasn't really given the chance to follow up on it after you guys went around. I thought maybe he had some specific things that led him to that idea.

As Burnt State said, this is the kind of stuff that is cool to me. Speculation is the most interesting part of this field to me, because it generates narratives. Those narratives are most interesting when they hinge on something "tangible;" by that, I just mean they hinge on pre-existing lore. I'm open to the generation of new lore, as happens with new cases, sometimes. However, I like when things are put together in ways that make sense within the working narrative.

Now, obviously I'm talking from a lore perspective. I realize some of you guys have a more grounded perception of this stuff, so maybe that concept isn't as fun to you. However, it's very similar to how Gene and his friend came up with the idea for transdimensional travelers, etc. I think arguing about any of that is literally insane. It's the creation of these ideas that are intellectually, creatively and, perhaps, spiritually stimulating.

That's all I'm trying to get to. I'm more interested in the What if's than the What is when it comes to the paranormal. I honestly don't understand trying to proclaim What is in the first place. As I said, though, my goal is fun and creative stimulation, not cracking the paranormal codes of the universe.

Okay, UFOlogy....I'm not sure if you meant it this way but I found this comparison to be hilarious!

Yup ... you got it ... I picked that particular cow abduction image out of hundreds of results just because of all the similarities. Glad you caught it ;) !

Back