• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Like Sex with your Rock&Roll??

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Okay Gang, just a little announcement and it is here first.

This Friday night after Dark Matters Radio I am launching an hour music show titled "Don Ecker's Vicious Vinyl - Sex - Drugs - and Rock and Roll" :) This is the music I LIKE and I DIG. The show will run an hour or so and this is kind of a test to see how it goes. If you are up and with it, I invite you all to drop by. Will probably open phone lines for requests and then I can tell you Hell NO! :mad: Hahahaha!

My stuff is from the 60's - 70's and early 80's .. or something I like. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Let me know your thoughts.

Decker :cool:

I think you'll have blast. When Rene Barnett was on you mentioned wanting to give some DJ'ing a try, so have fun!

I'll bet The Doors will start the show ;)

By the way, what is sex? I forgot. (Have a vague memory from what; My previous incarnation or....this life? I'll have to be regressed in a hot tub. Anyone know of a young handsome ....or old and handsome.....Ufologist?)
Don did you like Uriah Heap? They are one of my all time fave olde rock bands. Next to Led Zep.

Don did you like Uriah Heap? They are one of my all time fave olde rock bands. Next to Led Zep.

Simone ... Uriah Heap??? Everything that group did sounded like a major whine! Whiney this and whiney that. No, didn't care much for them.

Give me some Hendrix, some Doors, hell even early Stones. The Seeds, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Big Brother and the Holding Company. Yeah, now that was Rock N Roll!

Decker

Simone ... Uriah Heap??? Everything that group did sounded like a major whine! Whiney this and whiney that. No, didn't care much for them.

Give me some Hendrix, some Doors, hell even early Stones. The Seeds, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Big Brother and the Holding Company. Yeah, now that was Rock N Roll!

Decker

barely know any Stones stuff and other then Hendrix and The Doors i have no idea who any of the groups you mentioned there Don, Friday should be an eduction in classic rock.

I'll bet I'm gonna get really stomped for this, but, I CANNOT STAND the Beatles. Sorry dudes I think they suck. Megga dittos The Beach Boys.

I like the Beatles in a 'one song per evening' way.

Also, hell yeah ! Also, I always loved BoC (Blue Öyster Cult) which is odd really..'Don't fear the reaper' was quite often played in a rock club/bar I was often at in the 90ties , and met my first real girlfriend to that song. Only later discovered that they put out some real rocking songs as well (Godzilla etc.). Well, I'm mainly listening to death- and blackmetal these days, but BoC I'll always love.

Good day all! Well, the premier of "Vicious Vinyl - Sex - Drugs - and Rock and Roll" is over. Did you catch it and if so did you like it? That one hour just blew by and until I was doing the show, I did not realize how few music pieces I would be able to play. Just one Doors, "Riders", just one Hendrix "Watchtower" just on Airplane, "White Rabbit", only got one Joplin in "Ball and Chain", and several others. Ask Richie, when he was here for Dark Matters Radio, I had stacks and stacks of CD's and tape all around! Whew. Well at any rate I had fun and if you tuned in hope you liked it to.

Happy Halloween!

Decker

I was there DJ Donnie Darko, and your right it just flew by. I really liked how you talked normally not rushing the time between songs, made me pay attention to the songs more. Also especially with "along the watchtower" i really got a feeling for what you were describing in "the Nam" It was a great ride Don.

Back