• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Last show... hiiiilarious...

Free episodes:

Christopher,
I don't disagree with you at all and, indeed, believe that it might be possible to construct a device that would do the job. But apparently, at least according to Rorke, the Spiricom device ain't it. Not only is the device technically suspect, the information surrounding it is as well AND one of the major players has issues.
It seems to me there is quite enough information to declare fraud without invoking yet another CIA Conspiracy Theory, yet he charges ahead on that issue as well. I just think he's spent a great deal of time for a whole lot of nothing. That's okay (I guess), but Rorke had a bit of difficulty staying on point, or perhaps his point was just different than I expected.

I thought this weeks show was cool. Very entertaining.

So this is a serious question here.... and Im genuinely curious if anyone else noticed this...

In the first clip that was played where you could here one of the dudes allegedly speaking with the dead guy from NASA... when the NASA guy was apparently talking via that annoying droning of the machine I SWEAR I could still hear the "hiss" of the 'S-words' mixed in with bizarre sound of the rest of the voice.

Did anyone else notice that?

Obviously if I heard what I thought I heard then thats even more evidence of fraud.

thank you, very interesting and enjoyable show.

I think Rorke should be clasped to the Paracast's bosom, he's hardcore.

'VLAD STRY-GULAR'? :D
[ that's gene-ius ]

Christopher,
It might be possible to construct a device that would do the job.

There are interesting attempts already underway to do this. Recently I have worked w/ a haunted site investigative team using the Ovulis—a real time EVP devise that has a variety of sensory inputs that trigger random computer generated vocalizations. The tech — on the surface*— seems well thought out. I have personally listened to real-time events that produced (what appeared to be) Q & As w/ the devise. I would hesitate to say that this particular device is "The" answer, but I do recognize the potential of utilizing cutting-edge technologies as potentially viable investigative tools in our tool kit.

The person on the other end of the Spiricom was actually Ned Gerblansky from South Park.

mehr61.gif

http://mp3shake.com/en/South_Park/207833-Ned_Gerblansky_Feel_Like_Makin%27_Love_mp3_download.html

(song 16) :p

---------------------------

BTW, That was a really cool show. I kind of thought he was going to have some more EVP samples, but it wasnt that part that I found interesting at all. It was the last segment about the origin of psyops that caught my attention. Thanks .

Please be kind because I admit I "skipped" through the interview because I wanted a quick "taste" of it and I am battling allergies and an eye infection right now. Maybe I'll go back once I feel better. Anyway, it sounded (and it may be because I was rushing) as if Rourke were a snarly little skeptic. By that he put words and phrases together with no evidence and in a dismissive way. For instance Remote Viewing, U.F.O.'s and just kind of lumped and dismissed all of them. Basically I heard (maybe my fault so I am willing to go back and listen more attentively)but basically just using verbal slights and dismissive words without any real evidence. The most disapointing part so far (but I have not gotten to the end so this may not be true.)is David and Gene appeared to be a little to kind and didn't challenge him enough. Again, I fully admit I have not given it a good listen so I will certainly accept constructive correction. Did I do a huge injustice by skipping along or are any of my conclusions anywhere near reality?

O.k. started over and I already think I'm wrong. :redface: Well, not entirely but he actually isn't a complete snarly skeptic. That's what happens when ya rush through something. I forget this isn't a Coast to Coast AM George Noory show. Ya gotta listen carefully. Sorry. I'm gonna wait until my allergies get better before I spout off again. :eek:

Did I do a huge injustice by skipping along or are any of my conclusions anywhere near reality?

:) Certainly listen to the whole thing when you feel better - I think you may find it worth your time to do so . . . I don't particularly care for the snarly-type skeptics, but I definitely didn't get those vibes from the guest . . . ;)

Excellent show. I was very surprised and enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

In re to communicating with "spirits"post-death, I believe that we will one day have that capability. When you look at history, what would a citizen of London in the 1840s have said to you if you told him that one day a teenager in Sydney, Australia would be able to pull a communication device out of his pocket and speak with his father in New York city while walking through a park? How plausible would they think that is?

I listened to the show, finally, and I thought it was pretty informative. I was glad to know of this dubious history of the EVP, however I wasn't quite sure where all the "Conspiracy" idea ties in to it. The way the guest made it sound, all paranormal "sketchiness" leads back to one man. Certainly not what I was expecting.

Great show this week! It's nice to hear a skeptic deconstruct something like Spiricom in an honest, clear way. He didn't sound like he had a major emotional need to be right.

The way the guest made it sound, all paranormal "sketchiness" leads back to one man. Certainly not what I was expecting.

He also put the "New Age" under that same umbrella. It doesnn't sound like he's got a good sense of the breadth of the New Age in that case. But this Puharich guy certainly seems like an interesting character. It's the first I'd heard of him.

I thought this was a great episode, a real home run. I heard Stephen Rorke almost a year ago (if memory serves) on Binnall of America, and felt while he had clearly done a lot of research, his presentation was kind of abrasive. He seemed more polished and accessible on the Paracast. I wonder if he has thought of making a book out of his Spiricomm studies; it's a lot to take in as a listener.

FWIW I agree with him that David Rountree is a good guy that I'd like to hear you interview.

This was a wildly entertaining episode. Dr. Rourke is a great storyteller and I got the impression that he had enough material to easily fill a few more shows.

It was very refreshing to hear a new voice, with new perspectives. Often times it seems we get the same cast of paranormal personalities rotating through the hopper shilling their same tired shtick. It's not that we don't enjoy these lovable characters but it sure is nice to hear a new voice.

The one thing I would add to Dr. Roarke's statement about how influential psy-ops have been in the New Age movement. The New Age movement has been around a long time in American culture; going back well over a century. Just read David Horrowitz's book on 'Occult America'.

Also, how come Dr. Roarke doesn't accept that maybe, just maybe, a lot of these guys in the 'intelligence' community aren't just wackos themselves who ware truly interested in UFOs, ghosts, etc.?

Perhaps, even while it may be a psyop, it is being conducted by agents who actually *believe* half the shit they are peddling.

There are wackos, weirdos, and flaky people in all walks of life, why should they be restricted from the military or the intelligence community?

John

Uh--oh... my opinion of Dr. Rorke just dropped about a million percent when I went and visited his website.

Did Gene and David know that Dr. Rorke is one of those moon-landing hoax conspiracy wackos?

I find moon-hoax conspiracy nuts even more annoying than '911 truther's. No wonder we can't get anything accomplished in our culture any more when the general population has become completely deluded and unglued by conspiracy theory.

Here is a link to Dr. Rorke's MOON-HOAX garbage at this own website:

MOONHOAX1

John

Uh--oh... my opinion of Dr. Rorke just dropped about a million percent when I went and visited his website.

Did Gene and David know that Dr. Rorke is one of those moon-landing hoax conspiracy wackos?

I find moon-hoax conspiracy nuts even more annoying than '911 truther's. No wonder we can't get anything accomplished in our culture any more when the general population has become completely deluded and unglued by conspiracy theory.

Here is a link to Dr. Rorke's MOON-HOAX garbage at this own website:

MOONHOAX1

John

I saw that last week, was going to post something about it, then decided to see how long it took for it to show up here. To be fair, it appears from what I saw that Rorke is being careful with what he says, and I didn't see him throwing in with the dingbats, but he is not shy about being involved. It appears he is currently one of the darlings of the moon hoax cult.

I have to agree with James Carville that it makes a good "crazy test." Ask someone if they think we really went to the moon. If they say no, then you know they are crazy.

Damn. It's always something.

Thats disappointing (and surprising). But it doesn't diminish any of the good work he has done in other areas IMO.

Sigh...

No, we didn't see that before the interview.

Sometimes, I really just want to give up and walk away from all of this shit.

dB

Gene and David,

I just received the following personal response from Dr. Rorke via email. I don't think much of his excuse since it is his own personal website so heavily promoting this material.

----------------------------------------------

You need to listen to my appearance on C2C AM regarding my position on the 'moon hoax' businesss.
To be clear, I was representing the work of a friend who passed away named Ralph Rene'.
Rene' believed we never went to the moon. His posthumous opinions are not mine.
I am a proponent of NASA, and know we went to the moon. My research interests overlapped with Rene's at the intersection of anomalies in the Apollo photographic record.
Check out my appearance (even a YouTube search of 'Rorke' Coast to Coast' and 'moon hoax' and the like will get this appearance for you).
I make a case for anomalies in the Apollo photographic record, and deliniate what I 'believe' from what Rene' 'believed', while discussing his research.
as you listen, listen carefully...just because someone discusses Karl Marx doesn't mean

<[QUOTE/] His posthumous opinions are not mine. I am a proponent of NASA, and know we went to the moon. My research interests overlapped with Rene's at the intersection of anomalies in the Apollo photographic record. Check out my appearance (even a YouTube search of 'Rorke' Coast to Coast' and 'moon hoax' and the like will get this appearance for you). [/QUOTE] > ( frigging quote thing ... )<FRIGGING thing... quote>

He explained all this in his C2C appearance.

He promised to carry on for his deceased friend and sell the rest of his friends wacky books. ( better hurry collectors ) He makes appearances that confuse what he represents to continue to fulfill his promise. He is standing up for loyalty to his friend, not his friends wacky ideas. He can now be booked for appearances as being 'Pro' and 'con' on this issues. This is called 'creative license sharing' < err something like that>

Back