• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Larry King on Aliens w/Stephen Hawking

Dnold7X

I need to talk to the aliens

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

At least no Bill Nye the nitwit guy

or Bill Mcgaahaha ha ha ha ha to boot

Good Day Forumerions,

I'm afraid I was very disappointed in Aykroyd's "performance." He was a compete boob, and certainly was not in the same league as Larry's other guests (even Shostak); not only was this an opportunity lost, it made Ufology look silly, credulous and unscientific.

Although I appreciate Dan's support of Ufology, he doesn't do the field any favors under these circumstances.

Cheers,
Frank

Good Day Forumerions,

I'm afraid I was very disappointed in Aykroyd's "performance." He was a compete boob, and certainly was not in the same league as Larry's other guests (even Shostak); not only was this an opportunity lost, it made Ufology look silly, credulous and unscientific.

Although I appreciate Dan's support of Ufology, he doesn't do the field any favors under these circumstances.

Cheers,
Frank

In other words, Ackroyd was a perfect choice. Well not quite . . . Ackroyd was honest.

Does anyone have the recording of the complete show?
On youtube only second part of the show is uploaded.

Best Wishes

My eyes were on Seth Shostak and Michio Kaku. I was expecting a confrontation... Kaku has his own opinion on how interstellar communication should work, very surprising that a discussion on this didn't happen.

His view gives credence to Stanton Friedman's 'Silly Effort to Investigate' acronym lol. Shostak is basically trying to save his job rooted in earth-centric politically/religiously correct ideas that are at least 20 to 30 years old (unfortunately that's the only way to get funding from conservative governments lol). A scientist like Kaku is probably aware of this ;)

Dan Aykroyd's gun slinging boisterous approach was very noisy but at least he's making everybody aware that there is a growing mountain of information to sift through in order to form an opinion and maybe orient the search (and funding) in other directions.

David Brinn offered the most constructive attitude. The idea of a multi-disciplinary commitee looking at the subject is brilliant.

I watched this. It made me want to punch Larry King in the mouth. Shut up old man, let them talk! I thought moderators were supposed to keep discussions FOCUSSED, Larry keeps tripping off on tangents.

Also, too many cooks. Eliminate any two members of that panel and the overall audience comprehension level would jump 400%. And who was that prick in the lower left box? To quote Superintendant Chalmers "The stick up that man's butt has a stick up it's butt!"

I stopped watching Larry King a long time ago in reference to U.F.O.'s. The reason is he gets a big "gagglefuck" together and they all yell at each other and with 10 commercials mixed in it's a wash. Still, maybe since I didn't see "this" episode I should just hush. Anyway, thanks for posting the video cause I'm gonna take a look. Hey maybe this makes me a "Ufologist" believer or skeptic since I jumped right in before I watched. :p But, my points about Larry's show are still real from past experience. :cool:

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

O.k. I watched. Good stuff. First Ackroid was very good. Not an ass at all. Ass? The SETI guy. But, that's not a suprise to anyone. Brin? Well a little less smirking when Dan A. Tells him about Doctor Bruce and a little more respect. But, otherwise he was o.k. The best? Doctor Kaku without a doubt.

I don't think Ackroyd is the best person to represent those who velieve in UFO's tbh.
I mean what the hell was he going on about saying that Aliens are in breach of American law.

I mean what the hell was he going on about saying that Aliens are in breach of American law.

He was putting the emphasis on the fact that the U.S. government doesn't recognize aliens (ETs) as a threat to national security and also gives no credibility (and can't) to his documented cases.

Gotta admit his demeanor and way of making his point come through was bad. There must be a better level-headed guy out there Larry King could have chosen to represent that perspective lol.... once again its all about ratings and cash $$$.

Larry King was being annoying and asking stupid questions. Plus if I was in a space ship why would I park it right in the middle of New York City with all those buildings, people and immense traffic. I would find a more secluded spot. Michio Kaku pretty much told him that landing in the middle of an ant hill or a swarm of mosquitoes is not the best thing to do no matter how advanced you are.

Yeah this discussion was basically media entertainment aimed at a certain level of audience, so for that reason Dan Aykroyd was a good choice for viewer ratings. Personally whenever I see Dan I can never get the image of Ellwood Blues out of my mind...

Shostak always comes across as such an ignorant, stupid dick.

At least King does get the issue into the mainstream on a fairly regular basis, which is more than most of the MSM does.

Is there no equivalent of Nick Pope available for the US media - Mr. Sensible, credible, serious, ex-government & so semi-official, that everyone respects and listens to?

I watched this. It made me want to punch Larry King in the mouth. Shut up old man, let them talk! I thought moderators were supposed to keep discussions FOCUSSED, Larry keeps tripping off on tangents.

Also, too many cooks. Eliminate any two members of that panel and the overall audience comprehension level would jump 400%. And who was that prick in the lower left box? To quote Superintendant Chalmers "The stick up that man's butt has a stick up it's butt!"

Poor Larry though! He's got his producer talking into his ear, so he's distracted...alot.

He does best doing kitschy interviews - like that recent one with Donald and Melania Trump (as she was showing Larry her costume jewelry line debuting on QVC). ;)

Not buying it. Larry claims to be a PRO. Just ask him. This is not the work of a pro.

CapnG, I remember last year, after Michael Jackson died, Larry had on Jackson's close friend - Miko Brando. At the end of the interview, Larry says something like - Say hello to your father for me! He's a great guy!...... Well, Marlon Brando had been dead for 5 years!:eek:

Larry's "PRO" era has long gone but he has a sweet contract with CNN. Eventually, I think they'll gently phase him out into doing 'specials' now and then.

CapnG, I remember last year, after Michael Jackson died, Larry had on Jackson's close friend - Miko Brando. At the end of the interview, Larry says something like - Say hello to your father for me! He's a great guy!...... Well, Marlon Brando had been dead for 5 years!:eek:

Larry's "PRO" era has long gone but he has a sweet contract with CNN. Eventually, I think they'll gently phase him out into doing 'specials' now and then.

I also thinkDementia has settled in, as sad as it is

Larry says something like - Say hello to your father for me! He's a great guy!...... Well, Marlon Brando had been dead for 5 years!
Maybe ol Lar' meant via a seance with oija?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Personally whenever I see Dan I can never get the image of Ellwood Blues out of my mind...

I cannot get the image of the GhostBuster out'a mine! ("Why worry? Each of us is only carrying a nuclear accellerator on his back,....")

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I mean what the hell was he going on about saying that Aliens are in breach of American law

Maybe he was weighing in on the 'migrants' debates.......

I was a bit surprised by the common sense approach that Mr. Brinn closed with. Moreso I was appalled at Akroyd's insistence of the "entertainment" angle. His performance was, well, comedic at best, perhaps intentionally? The poster that said Shostak was protecting his job...100% on target. And the great Michio Kaku was succinct and sincere-and he came off in a very believable way.

Bottom line: This program may have opened up some eyes, but likely closed a few minds as well.

Back