• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Knockin' On Romanek

GoodCopBadCop

Paranormal Novice
On the Paracst show and in this forum it seems you all have it in for Stan Romanek.
He's presented and continues to present hours of filmed evidence to corroborate his experiences with high strangeness and the visitors.
He also has many witnesses to his experiences.
It's easy to say about anyone who comes out with experiences such as Stans "it's all fake" or "He's a scam artist looking to make money" etc. because to make accusations like those you don't have to back them up with anything except opinion.
How has the Paracast show disassembled his story exactly?
It seems there's a lot of jealousy and 'Experiencer envy' going on here from what I can see.

I'll let everyone else chime in on exactly why Romanek is basically a fraud. But for me, when he used this sound machine to distort his voice and pretend there was someone (or something) else present during an interview that was enough to laugh EVERYTHING off. No envy for me.

Maybe he is one of those people that had an experience at one time but is now compelled to make stuff up literally.

I can find the interview if you're interested. All I can say is that there was some blatant shenanigans produced by Romanek himself.

Have you listened to the Paracast interview?? Perhaps that's a starting point.

On the Paracst show and in this forum it seems you all have it in for Stan Romanek.
He's presented and continues to present hours of filmed evidence to corroborate his experiences with high strangeness and the visitors.
He also has many witnesses to his experiences.
It's easy to say about anyone who comes out with experiences such as Stans "it's all fake" or "He's a scam artist looking to make money" etc. because to make accusations like those you don't have to back them up with anything except opinion.
How has the Paracast show disassembled his story exactly?
It seems there's a lot of jealousy and 'Experiencer envy' going on here from what I can see.

I've personally never seen the Romanek evidence, but a fair number of people (some of whom I trust a great deal) have debunked the evidence (or at least tried). But again, I've never laid eyes on it. So, in fairness, I can't say much from personal, first (or second) hand knowledge of the material.

Lots of people (and I don't think you will find much sympathy for Romanek on this forum) have derided Romanek as a fringe type, some have even suggested that he's mentally unstable. Again, I can't attest to any of these things having never met him.

What I will say is that there are people on this forum (more than a few) who seem willng to simply regurgitate the opinions of other people and espouse these vomitings as fact. I try like hell not to do that. And to be fair, there are a lot of smart, critical thinkers here too.

I am interested as to why you think his claims hold water though? Why are you sold on what Romanek is telling? just curious.

I think a lot of us around here saw the alien face at the window video and started giggling. Unfortunate but true. I'm afraid that video really was quite laughable, and along with the interview, just mentioned above, where Romanek demos his silly voice making device before using it and is heard doing so ... well that may have broke the camels back for a lot of us here.

I've also seen some of his alien equations, and from what I remember of calculus and the mathematics I did at university, they really didn't pass the smell test. On top of this, he is working with the Open Minds people on a documentary about his experiences. And that again raises a red flag, as they are dubious in the extreme having been involved in the Serpo nonsense, and other rather nonsensical or misleading shenanigans.

So yeah, Stan Romanek really isn't going to be respected around here unless he comes up with a real live extraterrestrial methinks ...

What's that thing he shills? The metatron harmonizer or something? Yeah, there's part 1: solidified snake oil.

And there's part 2: Quite a few of us on here are "experiencers" of one sort or another to one degree or another. We know fake when we see it.

Thanks for visiting though Mr. Romanek and playing concern troll for yourself under a psuedonym. You can slink back off into nothing now, GoodCop-One-Post-Cop.

There is no greater obstacle contributing to the plight of "experiencers" than what Romanek represents. That someone would use him as their example when making an argument about the treatment of experiencers is as ironic as it gets. He and others like him are a significant cause of that treatment.

And the Paracast need not "disassemble" his story. Seriously, that would be like disassembling Trix the Rabbit as a real rabbit. It would be a waste of time and beneath the show. Stan's own words, actions, and images are plenty. But if that somehow isn't good enough for you there are plenty of articles on the net exposing his deception. Begin with a few by James Carrion. I see these articles as overkill since a cursory glance at Romanek's "evidence" and story are all anyone should need. Romanek's claims are entertainment in the same way that guys like David Icke and William Cooper entertain some people. He wants to sell a lot of books and be on TV and whatnot, and it's working for him. I mean, c'mon, that escapade on the radio showed that he doesn't even care if he's caught faking. It's like George Adamski all over again. And just like with Adamski the media and much of the public are more interested in his stories than they are the hard stuff.

Ok, so lets see it. Hours you say? No problem. You send me the files and then we can all see the "hours" of "evidence".

Hopefully it's better than this:

Man Claims Aliens Chase Him - ABC News

Am i just crazy or is that thing about 20 seconds in a standard balloon you'd buy at a grocery store tumbling around in the wind with a blinking light hanging from it? Then at around 2 minutes into the clip this same video is shown and it looks to me like Romanek simply flips the camera to the side very quickly to make the object disappear from view and then says, "Hey, where'd it go?" You even hear a clunking sound as he smacks the camera over to the left exactly at the same time the object vanishes. It's all so obvious that it's sad anyone is taken in by it. Some tricks need careful analysis to expose. Romanek's do not. One glance and you know it's fake.

Hopefully it's better than this:

Man Claims Aliens Chase Him - ABC News

Am i just crazy or is that thing about 20 seconds in a standard balloon you'd buy at a grocery store tumbling around in the wind with a blinking light hanging from it? Then at around 2 minutes into the clip this same video is shown and it looks to me like Romanek simply flips the camera to the side very quickly to make the object disappear from view and then says, "Hey, where'd it go?" You even hear a clunking sound as he smacks the camera over to the left exactly at the same time the object vanishes. It's all so obvious that it's sad anyone is taken in by it. Some tricks need careful analysis to expose. Romanek's do not. One glance and you know it's fake.

You totally hear it in his voice, the story and it seems the man himself are just sad.

You totally hear it in his voice, the story and it seems the man himself are just sad.

Well, I don't think he's delusional or anything like that. Just trying to make a buck and it appears to be going fairly well. It's the people that are convinced he is the real deal that cause me to shake my head. I suspect he'll turn over his hilarious alien-in-the-window video if and when someone gives him a large sum of money for it. So long as the check doesn't bounce he won't care much when analysis proves the obvious, that it's fake. His supporters won't care either.

I'll let everyone else chime in on exactly why Romanek is basically a fraud. But for me, when he used this sound machine to distort his voice and pretend there was someone (or something) else present during an interview that was enough to laugh EVERYTHING off. No envy for me.

Maybe he is one of those people that had an experience at one time but is now compelled to make stuff up literally.

I can find the interview if you're interested. All I can say is that there was some blatant shenanigans produced by Romanek himself.

Have you listened to the Paracast interview?? Perhaps that's a starting point.

I heard the interview where the voice came on to give him a warning and it didn't sound like him distorting his own voice.
You can't say for sure that he did that himself, so to write off his huge amount of evidence and experiences witnessed by others based on that seems a bit of an over reaction to say the least.
I've listened to the Paracast interview in fact I think there were two of them?
I didn't hear any disassembling of Romaneks case in the ones I heard.
The trouble with ufology is there is too much 'in-fighting' and personal attacks being bandied about.
You get 'Experiencer A' going to great lengths to explain why 'Experiencer B' is a fraud and how
you should not believe or support 'B' but 'A' will tell you THEY are the real deal and should be believed.
It just goes round and round and gets ufology and all its related areas nowhere.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I've seen some of his evidence on presentations and as part of televised programmes like Jaime Maussan's show on Romanek that you can watch on youtube.
I'd recommend watching his presentation from this years UFO Congress which you can get on dvd from their website.
It's a two hour presentation filled with video and photographic evidence.
Have a look and make up your own mind.
That's what I did. I also read his book which I really enjoyed.

I heard the interview where the voice came on to give him a warning and it didn't sound like him distorting his own voice.
You can't say for sure that he did that himself, so to write off his huge amount of evidence and experiences witnessed by others based on that seems a bit of an over reaction to say the least.
I've listened to the Paracast interview in fact I think there were two of them?
I didn't hear any disassembling of Romaneks case in the ones I heard.
The trouble with ufology is there is too much 'in-fighting' and personal attacks being bandied about.
You get 'Experiencer A' going to great lengths to explain why 'Experiencer B' is a fraud and how
you should not believe or support 'B' but 'A' will tell you THEY are the real deal and should be believed.
It just goes round and round and gets ufology and all its related areas nowhere.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I've seen some of his evidence on presentations and as part of televised programmes like Jaime Maussan's show on Romanek that you can watch on youtube.
I'd recommend watching his presentation from this years UFO Congress which you can get on dvd from their website.
It's a two hour presentation filled with video and photographic evidence.
Have a look and make up your own mind.
That's what I did. I also read his book which I really enjoyed.

I'm certainly not telling you or anyone else what to believe. If you don't think he did that wacky voice himself then, ... well that's your opinion. But you can hear him testing it (on accident) before he , .. I mean the entity, warns everyone. If you believe him then there's nothing I'm going to say to sway you. And I'm not saying this was the only thing either, just that it was the last straw..... for me. IMO he is a farce and not worth another look.

Jaime Maussan- he never saw any footage that wasn't definitive proof of aliens. The guy is not about truth in any sense of the word. He is all about entertainment. Consider some of the things he has shown and tell me he is hard at work in unravelling the UFO enigma. I assume you are familiar with him and his "work".

I've seen enough from these two to just plain keep away. If you are giving money to Romanek for his book and videos then I'm sorry to say his stunt is working. I respect your opinion that Romanek is the real deal, ... I just don't think it is the truth. In fact I think it is fabricated. My opinion isn't worth much but you asked, and no offense .... but I just think he is a joke.

I can't believe anyone, at this late date, would fall for Romanek or Reed/Rutter but they continue to do so. The scam is so glaringly obvious its embarrassing to watch.

My thinking has always been: If a case is too good to be true or too over-the-top, it isn't real.
FWIW: I've been following the SR case since his very first sighting event (Dec 2000) was broadcast on local Denver TV. I've met and talked w/ Stan and know quite a few people around him --some of whom are his biggest devotees. I also have spoken with several investigators that have really dug into the SR case. Ex-MUFON head James Carrion did some digging himself and came up with several embarrassing faux pas on Romanek's part: Go Here: Digging for the Truth. Sure, some of the very early elements of the case may have been legit, but very quickly (IMO) the whole scenario became grist for gross confabulation and embellishment at best, or, outright hoaxing and dishonesty at worst.

IMO, don't waste your time on cases that sound too good too be true!

I really can't say anything good about Romanek. Even if he had a legit sighting, he's been too quick to jump on the profit bandwagon.

The MUFON investigators that are continually experiencing "high strangeness" have been those closest to him, in terms of friendships. While this doesn't completely negate the veracity of their investigation, it certainly calls it into question-and should set a much much higher standard for evidence.

Most of my feelings on the Romanek matter have already been voiced above.

If you feel that Romanek has a compelling case, please post some of the hours of "compelling" evidence.

If you're taking the word of Jaime Maussan, a man who once declared that every star in the sky was a UFO, then you should really reconsider your sourcing...

Err, I shall not be fallowing a single utterance, nor poorly contrived video of balloon technology, nor photopimped clip of aliens apparently concerned with fallowing the happenings of modern man in his household, let alone another thread related to Stan Romaneck. I will not fallow it.

Prophet Yahoo, had video and multiple witnesses too.... It was balloons.

I wouldn't put Stan's case in the Meier basket just yet, but it's getting more and more in reach the more I look at the so called evidence.

Back