• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

kalvin k korff gets Bitch Slapped!

Anyway, to fix your problem with the X-Zone archives, use this link: http://www.xzone-radio.com/august2008n.htm

Thanks! I emailed X Zone about the problem but never heard back so thanks.
Once I get there, I couldn't get the thing to play because WMPlayer kept choking on it. Apparently I had to change the mms:// to http:// in the URL to the mp3 file. Then the noise was awful.

How can the X Zone have any credibility being associated with this Korff guy?

I just listened to the show. The production values of the sound are truly horrible. You have to get through that. I don't see the show as a major bitch slap. It is essentially what Don said at the end, "Thank you for allowing me to vent my spleen." Not that Korf doesn't deserve it, mind you, but it wasn't a smackdown; Korf wasn't there. I felt the interviewer wasn't 100% behind the issue either. He said at the end of the show, "That was an interesting hour." and during the show he made several comments I would type as 'less than encouraging.' The interesting news is that a debate between Randle and Korf is pending later this month. I'll believe it when it is recorded and made available. I just have this feeling that Korf will wimp out.

Kal's website was hacked sometime yesterday by some turkish guys.

Something of interest though. When I checked my Norton after going to his site, I found 7 Trojan programs had been attempted to be uploaded and a shitload of cookies.

Korff has Malware on his site apparently. It's pretty fucked.

I'm listening to this right now...

• The audio quality of the phone connection is just abysmal, right in line with the overall production values of this joke of a show.

• McConnell is just a frikkin hack of a "host" - he knows squat. I'm loving how Don is nailing him regarding the "Special Secret Sauce Service", man, McConnell is just a tool. Wow.

So yeah, McConnell has a "lot of respect" for Randle and Ecker. That's why he lets a delusional jackass come on his "show" and slander them in a uncontrolled fashion. It's pretty clear to me that McConnell does all this in order to generate some buzz for his "show", which is normally a place where sugar substitutes are pushed onto moronic listeners and fortune-tellers do Tarot card readings over the air.

dB

I think if there were a plague that killed all who were afflicted with idiocy, it would probably start at Korff's apartment, and work its way through all of his known associates.

Here's my theory about Kal's employment at that nuclear lab: He worked there, but not as an employee. Instead, he was a temp, or contract worker, or consultant. That would fit what's known. I hope McConnell will ask him if that was the case.

I have another split-the-difference theory about his S3 organization--something that would make sense, in a crazy way--but I'll keep it to myself, because I don't want to upset any apple-carts.

EDIT: His 500-book deal was another half-gainer: he was referring to e-books, as he eventually made plain. (I'd guessed this beforehand, and posted my speculation.) An e-book deal means little, because there's virtually no work or money investment by a publisher in agreeing to such an arrangement. It could just as easily offer a million-book deal.

Here's my theory about Kal's employment at that nuclear lab: He worked there, but not as an employee. Instead, he was a temp, or contract worker, or consultant. That would fit what's known. I hope McConnell will ask him if that was the case.

I have another split-the-difference theory about his S3 organization--something that would make sense, in a crazy way--but I'll keep it to myself, because I don't want to upset any apple-carts.

EDIT: His 500-book deal was another half-gainer: he was referring to e-books, as he eventually made plain. (I'd guessed this beforehand, and posted my speculation.) An e-book deal means little, because there's virtually no work or money investment by a publisher in agreeing to such an arrangement. It could just as easily offer a million-book deal.

Maybe he was the janitor. I dunno there is something about that guy that makes me wanna run around in circles with clothes pins on my nipples.

I had never heard of him until this thread. I watched some of his videos on you tube and now I just want to find out were he lives so I can go kick his ass.

Back