• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Kal K Korff-International Man of Mystery!

Don, if you left ufology because you were sick of the idiots, why did it take so long?

I don't mean that flippantly, I mean that just recently I was finally confronted with incontrovertible proof that idiocy abounds, just like most people warned me was the case. But screw it, I'm still here. So you must have learned early on that this is a snake den--Why did you stick it out so long and what was the final straw?

Valiens, you ask a very interesting question. Why did "it take so long" to finally get fed up with the field?

I was confronted with the mystery by a fantastic sighting of the phenomena when I was in high school. Many years later, after college, after the Army and while I was a police officer I was confronted with the mystery again while investigating several cattle mutes. (Even though I did not connect the UFO mystery until years later.)

In 1986 I was wounded in the line of duty and I ended up medically retiring. It was along this time that I purchased my first computer and ran into several guys that were involved with MUFON. I also stumbled across Compuserve's Issues forum and discovered UFO's online, sort of.

I had this free time and because I saw this as a genuine mystery I decided to "jump in" and see what I could make of it. Since I had "cut my teeth" on mutes that was the area I started with. It was not long before I discovered what appeared to be a few human mutilations. I conducted an investigation into that that lasted several years. You can still find some of that on the web.

When I met my wife she was publishing UFO Magazine, and I saw that as a wonderful vehicle to "educate the mainstream media" which I saw as part of my duty. And believe you me, I really tried. Back in the early to mid-90's I did lots and lots of TV shows and I always tried to present this as a genuine and legitimate "vastly underreported" subject. I did CNN, NBC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Sci-Fi (a no-brainer) and butted heads with all the named skeptics. Klass, Oberg, Sheaffer, Shermer, Larry King, Pat Buchanan, hell I don't even recall all the guys and shows I did. It didn't matter what the case was, they were pre-disposed to laugh at it.

I broke two huge cases in the early 90's, of national importance and interest ... STS-48, the space shuttle encountering a UFO in orbit with what appears to be a weapon being fired at it, and Phobos II, the Soviet Russian probe to Mars which was destroyed in Mars orbit. (The Russians told me this, not what I determined.) I broke the original story on "FASTWALKERS" with Lee Graham and Ron Regher. My talk show, UFOs Tonite! cut the path for all talk shows that followed. It will sound like I'm bragging but ... I was doing UFO shows back when Art Bell was still doing political talk on satellite radio. I interviewed everyone in the field. Remember the alien autopsy? I first heard about this in 1993 while I was in Vienna, Austria speaking at the "First World UFO Conference." Phil Mantle brought it to my attention. Later (about a year) I received a call from the UK about this, and I first took it to Bob Kiviat at Fox TV. I was supposed to be the guy to investigate the camera-man but Kiviat and Fox told me they had no money to pay me. I told them then "tough sh*t" I'm not doing it for free. There were only 3 of us doing the magazine and I could not justify this when I knew damn well they had money. Johnathon Frakes sure as hell didn't do it for free.

And all this time I was busy trying to clean out (or expose) the bull-sh*t artists in the field. Bill Cooper, Mel Noel, Harley Bryd Johnathon Reed, Dan Crain, Serpo, S/4, hell the list is endless. Vicki and I ended up taking on partners to keep the magazine going and they did not share our "pure vision" for our "take" on the subject and field. Finally I asked myself one question .... WHY BOTHER ANY MORE? I felt like the little Dutch boy trying to hold back the sea by jamming my little finger in the dike. Just simply wasn't worth it any more. And the other thing was pretty simple ... most of the drones in the UFO research field didn't act like most of them gave a sh*t about how the field was slipping deeper into the sh*t... so I hope this answers your question.

Don Ecker

Sadly, it does answer my question. Hopefully, this will be the subject of your next book. It's intriguing, is it not?, that this much-maligned subject is, at its core, more real than 95% of the people invested in it.

Don, I wasn't aware of your work before reading this thread, but I think I understand your sentiments well. All the reasons you gave prevented me from moving deeper into Ufology around the mid/late 90s, when there was a time of somewhat heightened awareness. But it became clear to me that the general public isn't ready to contemplate the ramifications of an ET reality, and the overwhelming majority of UFO buffs are lost somewhere in the clouds, but hardly have a grip on conventional reality - and don't seem to want one either. It's like fighting windmills. I often wondered if I should consider myself a failure for not speaking out more, or publishing more, or whatever.

Decker said:
The Pair of Cats said:
It's a shame that you are leaving, Don, we will miss you!

Well thanks Pair, but I'm not leaving .... I'm gone....

Decker

Korff needs you Don. Badly. I can hear his heart breaking right now. He NEEDS your attention.

Anyway, I respectfully disagree with you. Enjoy your break. You'll be back though. You don't have it in you to let shit pile on the profound for long.

Korff needs you Don. Badly. I can hear his heart breaking right now. He NEEDS your attention.

Anyway, I respectfully disagree with you. Enjoy your break. You'll be back though. You don't have it in you to let shit pile on the profound for long.

Well Pack, thank you for the vote of confidence! Now, let me give you some healthful advice ..... Don't hold your breath!!:cool:

Decker said:
Then up on Korff’s website he announces that “I will be exposed” on Rob McConnell’s X-Zone Radio show. Okay, I wrote McConnell a note stating that I would be monitoring his program and if I was slandered he would be hearing from my attorney. (Apparently Korff tried this with Paul Kimball and Kimball went to Canada’s version of the FCC. They nipped that horseshit in the bud.)

Don:

Just to set the record straight, I never filed any sort of complaint with the CRTC or any other Canadian organization - Royce Myers III did (I just told him which agency he should be dealing with). I did, as I recall, send McConnell a friendly e-mail at one point reminding him that he was responsible if he allowed his guests to go on slandering people, but that's it.

Paul

The only question I would like to know about Korff is if he worked at Lawrence Livermore Labs like he claimed. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thanks.

I always end up wishing 'a plague on both your houses' over debates like this. UFO 'names' seem as egotistical and disrespectful as each other - he acts like a touchy loon, you bring his brother into it etc etc etc.

paulkimball said:
Don:

Just to set the record straight, I never filed any sort of complaint with the CRTC or any other Canadian organization - Royce Myers III did (I just told him which agency he should be dealing with). I did, as I recall, send McConnell a friendly e-mail at one point reminding him that he was responsible if he allowed his guests to go on slandering people, but that's it.

Paul

Paul, okay, thanks for setting the record straight. Rob McConnell just may still find that giving this little "poser" a weekly spot may end up ... jumping up and biting him on his butt. It will be interesting to see ...

Don

grannysmith said:
I always end up wishing 'a plague on both your houses' over debates like this. UFO 'names' seem as egotistical and disrespectful as each other - he acts like a touchy loon, you bring his brother into it etc etc etc.

Well, l presume you referenced the above to me. If so, allow me to give you some free advice ..... if you don't like the topic, or posts, or subject matter .... then don't read it and simply move on.

Don Ecker

Decker said:
grannysmith said:

Well, l presume you referenced the above to me. If so, allow me to give you some free advice ..... if you don't like the topic, or posts, or subject matter .... then don't read it and simply move on.

Don Ecker

LOL - I'm allowed to comment surely since you put it in the public domain (unless this is just a dick-sucking thread).

Why just 'move on' when I have something specific to say about the conduct of this .... erm .... 'debate'.

I don't recall a question thread for Don, so I would like to ask a couple here if that's ok.

Now that you are leaving the ufo field, what will your show Dark Matters be dealing most with? Any plans on a 9/11 show? I'm curious as to your take on it. If you've posted your views elsewhere, just point me in the direction if you would. No need to waste your time retyping it.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I don't recall a question thread for Don, so I would like to ask a couple here if that's ok.

Now that you are leaving the ufo field, what will your show Dark Matters be dealing most with? Any plans on a 9/11 show? I'm curious as to your take on it. If you've posted your views elsewhere, just point me in the direction if you would. No need to waste your time retyping it.

I would be interested in talking/debating that topic as well here or in the forum that is used for such debates. I am probably the most vocal member of these forums about the topic so yeah it would be interesting.

I think we should send the zohan to put him in line. Being of a very military family i have no respect for any jackass that would claim to be.

Back