• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 9, 2017 — Dr. Joseph G. Buchman with Goggs Mackay

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Joe is a great story-teller, so we had a fun time with him, especially when he got around to discussing the preparations for the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure in 2013.

Goggs Mackay was a special guest co-host.

We continued the discussion for an extended episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

You can learn more about our premium subscription service from:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Enjoyable and refreshing episode. It was nice to have a guest on that wasn't shy about expressing his well-informed opinion (based on direct experience) about certain, shall we say, "characters" and high profile events in Ufology.

I can appreciate the fact that Dr. Buchman is friendly with Stephen Bassett, and therefore gives him a bit of a pass, even though I think he's as bad as Dr. Steven Greer when it comes to being a delusional "true believer" and lacking any serious credibility at this point in their ongoing personal, though different, UFO dramas. It's similar to Chris' tireless defense of his friend, the questionable Ray Stanford, or Greg Bishop's support of his longtime friend, the duplicitous "disinformationist" Bill Moore. Right or wrong, it speaks well of their collective character in supporting friends and I can't fault that.

It would seem that Dr. Buchman has more stories he could tell, and more opinions worthy of sharing, so I hope we see him on another installment of After The Paracast, at the very least (he's at his best uncensored), sometime again in the near future.

Thanks to Chris O'Brien for sourcing this guest for the show and then just letting him "do his thing" during the main episode with minimal interruptions or direction. Good stuff.

Given Dr. Buchman's ability as an entertaining and long-winded raconteur, Goggs' participation was underutilized during this episode but, as always, it's a treat to hear his dulcet tones emanating from my desktop speakers.

Dr. Buchman's cringe inducing ass kissing of 'Dr. Greer' was painful.

Yes, I have nothing good to say about Greer except what he did when he first burst onto the scene.

I can't remember if it's on ATP but Joseph does go on to say that he grudgingly admires the fact that Greer is a wizard at monetizing UFO's but other than that he agrees with the rest of us that Greer is a fraud and scam artist.

Yes, I have nothing good to say about Greer except what he did when he first burst onto the scene.
Nothing, not one thing in 15+ years?

I can't remember if it's on ATP but Joseph does go on to say that he grudgingly admires the fact that Greer is a wizard at monetizing UFO's but other than that he agrees with the rest of us that Greer is a fraud and scam artist.
Exactly who is "the rest of us"?

Nothing, not one thing in 15+ years?

Exactly who is "the rest of us"?

Waller - You are no doubt technically correct to question my rather sweeping statement about forum members en-masse disliking Dr Greer, it is true I don't even have the flimsiest of polls indicating the relative numbers of those who dislike Greer against those who do not or are undecided. So that is fair enough in that I was assuming most would agree with my viewpoint regarding Greer.

From my experience in the forum and listening to the show since nearly the beginning, I would guess that generally, members are now skeptical of Greer for a number of reasons. I won't go into them now, because in fact the only time I've ever really fallen foul of forum T's & C's was when I let loose about Greer. I would still assume Greer has few active fans in this forum, but I do not know that for a fact so I'm happy to retract that part.

As for having anything good to say about him, well his first efforts at getting witnesses to give testimony was pretty groundbreaking and he gained a lot of credibility quickly in the UFO field. However, I personally feel he then used that credibility to elevate himself into positions in which he took a lot of money for a lot of bunk, and he has been caught out lying time and time again. This is the man who felt he had the right to train other people to be galactic envoys etc. I believe if he is not a charlatan then he is literally mentally ill.

But I'm not here to try and change peoples views on anything and if you disagree with me about Greer, then that is fine with me, we agree to differ and move on. I would though be interested to hear your own personal summary of Dr Greer and how you feel about him. I have no intention of attacking you or anyone else if they happen to be huge Greer supporters, it is simply that I am not one of them!:D

Waller said:

Nothing, not one thing in 15+ years? Exactly who is "the rest of us"?

Waller - You are no doubt technically correct to question my rather sweeping statement about forum members en-masse disliking Dr Greer, it is true I don't even have the flimsiest of polls indicating the relative numbers of those who dislike Greer against those who do not or are undecided. So that is fair enough in that I was assuming most would agree with my viewpoint regarding Greer.

Goggs, I'll buy that.

From my experience in the forum and listening to the show since nearly the beginning, I would guess that generally, members are now skeptical of Greer for a number of reasons. I won't go into them now, because in fact the only time I've ever really fallen foul of forum T's & C's was when I let loose about Greer. I would still assume Greer has few active fans in this forum, but I do not know that for a fact so I'm happy to retract that part.

Perhaps this is the problem that Greer has unknowingly created for himself, after Disclosure 2001 where does one go to advance the cause as suddenly and demonstrably?

As for having anything good to say about him, well his first efforts at getting witnesses to give testimony was pretty groundbreaking and he gained a lot of credibility quickly in the UFO field. However, I personally feel he then used that credibility to elevate himself into positions in which he took a lot of money for a lot of bunk, and he has been caught out lying time and time again. This is the man who felt he had the right to train other people to be galactic envoys etc. I believe if he is not a charlatan then he is literally mentally ill.

Or he is part-showman, part-charlatan, part entrepreneur, part genius. This AND that instead of this OR that.

But I'm not here to try and change peoples views on anything and if you disagree with me about Greer, then that is fine with me, we agree to differ and move on. I would though be interested to hear your own personal summary of Dr Greer and how you feel about him. I have no intention of attacking you or anyone else if they happen to be huge Greer supporters, it is simply that I am not one of them!:D

I see Greer as This And That. I have seen him at his personal worst (staff treatment) so I have no lost or found love for him and have no celebrity-status effect.

But I am unwilling to judge him, for all we know those things he has stood behind could well be his own self-delusion. An example might be his 'alien baby'. This is a very common among those who have deluded themselves into believing that the end usurps the means. A delusion has no conscious, evil intent.

Here is what I can tell you that the ET world has to say about Greer and I take great stock in their viewpoints. They have no problems with CSETI CEx protocols, and many ppl do experience positive ET events, however they are unnecessary. Set an intention to make contact and if it is relevant to your life path, then 100% you will get what you need. You don't need a 'Greer' but I do understand why folks choose that route.

My point is questioning your use of terms in an absolute sense. Greer does strike a positive chord in many, good people and I am unwilling to look aside from that. He sets a contrast for people like you, Goggs, and through that contrast your valid opinion arises. Give Steven a kiss. :p

". . . As for having anything good to say about him, well his first efforts at getting witnesses to give testimony was pretty groundbreaking and he gained a lot of credibility quickly in the UFO field. However, I personally feel he then used that credibility to elevate himself into positions in which he took a lot of money for a lot of bunk, and he has been caught out lying time and time again. This is the man who felt he had the right to train other people to be galactic envoys etc. I believe if he is not a charlatan then he is literally mentally ill.

I'm glad to see you foreground Greer's early work, which was very nearly instrumental in obtaining open Congressional Hearings for his whistleblowers (those we know about and have heard from at his Press conferences, and likely many others we haven't heard from because they either still work in black projects or fear consequences from their past work and any reporting on it).

I think the widespread disapproval of Greer on the basis of some of his other forms of activism is short-sighted in failing to recognize the significant social value of his early efforts toward disclosure for the purpose, not only of opening public discussion re 'ufos', but primarily toward achieving the release of any information re 'free energy' technologies obtained in deep black research for the benefit of masses of humans who desperately need inexpensive energy resources and for the future stability of our planet's ecology.

I'm glad to see you foreground Greer's early work, which was very nearly instrumental in obtaining open Congressional Hearings for his whistleblowers (those we know about and have heard from at his Press conferences, and likely many others we haven't heard from because they either still work in black projects or fear consequences from their past work and any reporting on it).

I think the widespread disapproval of Greer on the basis of some of his other forms of activism is short-sighted in failing to recognize the significant social value of his early efforts toward disclosure for the purpose, not only of opening public discussion re 'ufos', but primarily toward achieving the release of any information re 'free energy' technologies obtained in deep black research for the benefit of masses of humans who desperately need inexpensive energy resources and for the future stability of our planet's ecology.
This 'free energy'-technologies are free money for this fraud.

Hi Constance.

I must say that Dr Greer has been hinting about free energy tech for ages and it's always 'just around the corner...' or 'we can't reveal anything right now but we will..' ad infinitum. He never ever makes good on promises that he actually has working free energy devices, or even just the designs. If he really believes the world should get this technology, then the only fair way is to do a mass upload so that thousands of copies are available for people to grab before the secret govt. tries to cover up.

I find it deeply worrying that an educated man is making serious money from Ufos and related subjects when he hasn't given anybody anything of substance? Charging a kidney to go with him to a field with lasers and meditation...all I've ever seen are tiny points of light in the footage (yes I've looked) yet when Greer talks about these contact gatherings, he'll assure anyone that yes, craft landed and some friendly greys were there etc. I've seen nothing from Greer that a thousand other people cannot provide yet he really tries to give the impression that if you follow (pay) him, you will get the goods with the space brothers. I'm with the great State of Missouri - 'show me...':D

Hi Constance.

I must say that Dr Greer has been hinting about free energy tech for ages and it's always 'just around the corner...' or 'we can't reveal anything right now but we will..' ad infinitum. He never ever makes good on promises that he actually has working free energy devices, or even just the designs. If he really believes the world should get this technology, then the only fair way is to do a mass upload so that thousands of copies are available for people to grab before the secret govt. tries to cover up.

I find it deeply worrying that an educated man is making serious money from Ufos and related subjects when he hasn't given anybody anything of substance? Charging a kidney to go with him to a field with lasers and meditation...all I've ever seen are tiny points of light in the footage (yes I've looked) yet when Greer talks about these contact gatherings, he'll assure anyone that yes, craft landed and some friendly greys were there etc. I've seen nothing from Greer that a thousand other people cannot provide yet he really tries to give the impression that if you follow (pay) him, you will get the goods with the space brothers. I'm with the great State of Missouri - 'show me...':D
Spot on.

'Free energy' is an umbrella term, and an inexact and misleading one, popularly used to refer to a variety of physical theories and ongoing experiments seeking means by which to produce exponentially increased energy and antigravity technologies such as those that have appeared to be employed by many 'ufos'. Here is a link to a page that lists the categories and premises of this research and individuals and institutions involved in it (not, of course, identifying those employed in black project research in the US). I don't pretend to understand the physics involved in the theories and experiments described at this site, but I do think that this continuing research is worth pursuing, and could turn out to be vital for the future of life on this planet, and secondarily for the project of space exploration by our species.

Who's Who in Antigravity

Last edited:
Hi Constance.

I must say that Dr Greer has been hinting about free energy tech for ages and it's always 'just around the corner...' or 'we can't reveal anything right now but we will..' ad infinitum. He never ever makes good on promises that he actually has working free energy devices, or even just the designs.

He's more than 'hinted' about overunity and zero point energy experiments, and he has encouraged and publicized some of these experiments carried out by private individuals not working in (and for) MIC black projects. I don't recall (though I haven't followed his writing for awhile) that he has "promised" that any experiments he reported on would succeed or had succeeded. If he were himself a physicist it might be fair to criticize him for not yet producing that which scientists and engineers around the world have been attempting to accomplish for nearly a century now. You might find it interesting to read Nick Cook's The Search for Zero Point.

If he really believes the world should get this technology, then the only fair way is to do a mass upload so that thousands of copies are available for people to grab before the secret govt. tries to cover up.

No doubt that is what he would do if a successful overunity device were produced by an individual or group willing to share it rather than sell it.

Let's be clear. Dr. Greer, for many years, has made the unsubstantiated claim that we (the human race) have been in the possession of "free energy technology" for over 60 years. According to the good doctor, it was given to us by our kindly space brothers but has been suppressed by corrupt governments to protect the fossil fuel industry. He has also claimed, in the more recent past, that he has successfully funded/developed, in conjunction with his researchers/engineers, a zero point energy prototype. However, it's been total crickets since he's made that claim a few years ago. No word on why our alien benefactors, upon realization that their gift is being suppressed and underutilized to positively change our world, have not contacted Galactic Ambassador Greer and provided him with the free energy technology directly, thereby effectively bypassing the corrupt system bent on continually grinding humanity under its collective boot heel.

Those that genuflect at the altar of Dr. Greer, much like those who worship the current U.S. President, will not be swayed by facts, nor deterred by statements made that lack any shred of proof, credibility or validity. Their belief in these individuals is sacrosanct and nothing to the contrary will be entertained. It seems many people find comfort in the act of "belief," be it fundamentalist religions, beneficent aliens or evil (illegal) aliens, to help them deal with the often cruel and crazy world we live in.

Last edited:
Those that genuflect at the altar of Dr. Greer, much like those who worship the current U.S. President, will not be swayed by facts, nor deterred by statements made that lack any shred of proof, credibility or validity. Their belief in these individuals is sacrosanct and nothing to the contrary will be entertained.
Then ignore them. They have nothing to do with you.

Great show by Dr Joseph G Buchman,
Found his comments enjoyable and open the field to academic research currently it's just speculations with a elements of good researchers held back by those snake oil nutters. Hope he does get into the US Political scene and don't think he get far with the security classifications no matter what he puts forward those folks will stone wall. Just look at the MOD files release on the subject of UFOs. Maybe China or India will let the cat out of the bag.

Back