• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

JRR Tolkien

I am reading J.R.R. Tolkien's The Story of Kullervo. Published by Mariener Books, 2010/2015 it's haunting, beautiful, and written in a very archaic style. It is influenced by the Finnish epic Kalevala and is an early attempt of his to write a heroic epic.

Speaking of Tolkien; wow. It's synchronicity man. Because I just stumbled on a mind-blowing twitter account about Tolkien. Amina Hesperia (@Amina_Hesperia) | Twitter - she has a theory that Tolkien borrowed from some Islamic sources and prophecies in Lord of the Rings, and also suggests that he somehow encoded the date for an E.L.E./extinction level event, spoken of in moslem prophecies.

I have never heard anything like this in my life, though I did once suspect that Tolkien was influenced by Rene Guenon, who eventually became a Moslem.

Back