• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

JRR Tolkien

Tobias Kundera

Paranormal Novice
I am reading J.R.R. Tolkien's The Story of Kullervo. Published by Mariener Books, 2010/2015 it's haunting, beautiful, and written in a very archaic style. It is influenced by the Finnish epic Kalevala and is an early attempt of his to write a heroic epic.

Speaking of Tolkien; wow. It's synchronicity man. Because I just stumbled on a mind-blowing twitter account about Tolkien. Amina Hesperia (@Amina_Hesperia) | Twitter - she has a theory that Tolkien borrowed from some Islamic sources and prophecies in Lord of the Rings, and also suggests that he somehow encoded the date for an E.L.E./extinction level event, spoken of in moslem prophecies.

I have never heard anything like this in my life, though I did once suspect that Tolkien was influenced by Rene Guenon, who eventually became a Moslem.

blowfish

Whittingham
Welcome to the forum and there is a great bunch of members here with a rich knowledge of the crazy subject of paranormal history.

Last edited: