• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Journalists freaked out during report of haunted house.

Eh, I don't know about "skeptical" journalists. I'd say they were rather bent on getting a scary story. Although the camera guy seems credible, the scratch might have been anything. I can't decide what's worse, this or the ridicule they were known for before the success of ghost hunting type "reality-shows". Now you can't even say if rhey didn't just fake the door closing.

Yeah, I'm a leeettle bit jaded when it comes to TV people. Sorry.

Just a feeling, no proof but I think this case is genuine. Whether it was real or not, the black hand-thing that fleets in front of the camera - it's well freaky! That goes also for the shadow dude in the basement. (Sorry but after a lifetime of horror films made in the U.S, I wonder how people can use their basements!

I don't know why people are so frightened of 'ghosts', 'apparitions', etc. Of course, if one is startled by something uncanny, it's understandable. But my point is, people in general seem to think ghosts, spirits, etc., can harm them. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

I don't know why people are so frightened of 'ghosts', 'apparitions', etc. Of course, if one is startled by something uncanny, it's understandable. But my point is, people in general seem to think ghosts, spirits, etc., can harm them. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
I'm in agreement with you here. But I'm still curious to know what you make of the great many supposedly violent poltergeist cases and infamous houses of ill-repute featuring victims (people living there and investigators alike) claiming attempted murder, sexual assault, scratches, bruising, choking, possession etc.. Do places like The Whaley House harbour discarnate entites, or what about Barry Taff's investigations of the real life Entity case - do these provide "trace evidence" of anything?

I find the Entity case to be extremely disturbing and reminiscent in some ways of alien abduction narratives. I think it's another primary example of why people like the woman and children at the centre of that case needed psychological counseling more than paranormal investigation. Taff's retelling of this narrative is even more compelling than anything David Jacobs has to say about AP IMHO.

I'm in agreement with you here. But I'm still curious to know what you make of the great many supposedly violent poltergeist cases and infamous houses of ill-repute featuring victims (people living there and investigators alike) claiming attempted murder, sexual assault, scratches, bruising, choking, possession etc.. Do places like The Whaley House harbour discarnate entites, or what about Barry Taff's investigations of the real life Entity case - do these provide "trace evidence" of anything?

I find the Entity case to be extremely disturbing and reminiscent in some ways of alien abduction narratives. I think it's another primary example of why people like the woman and children at the centre of that case needed psychological counseling more than paranormal investigation. Taff's retelling of this narrative is even more compelling than anything David Jacobs has to say about AP IMHO.

I'm not familiar with those cases, and not sure I want to become familiar with them. What is the hard evidence involved in the cases you mentioned?

All poltergeist cases report some variation on the theme of smashing objects, lights turning on and off, cold spots, orbs, violence including sexual assault, scratches, choking & the proverbial picture frame falling ff the wall. Taff was part of the UCLA remote viewing team and is bringing his own academic approach to the Entity case. He claims to have recorded a number of those activities including a photo of an orb light arcing.
ENTITY-DORIS-ARC7.jpg

The Real Entity Case | Dr. Barry Taff's Official Site

I still question the evidence for "violence including sexual assault, scratches, choking" by immaterial entities. Those elements might be explained by the imaginings or acts of living humans present in the heightened atmosphere they're investigating or provoking. The rest of it -- "smashing objects, lights turning on and off, cold spots, orbs . . . & the proverbial picture frame falling off the wall" isn't so threatening. Stuff like that has gone on in séances since the SPR's investigations of mediums beginning at the turn of the 20th C.

To clarify, the entities are real but not material; they can raise the energy level in the room or house and generate physical effects with it on walls and objects, they might be angry if they're earthbound, but I haven't heard of a case of a spirit killing a living human.

To be honest I question most of it. There are a number of different features at work including family dynamics, mental health, the relationship of investigator to subject and the negotiation of humn exploitation, along with a willingness to believe amongst groups. The stimulation of conviction regarding supposed paranormal events among groups is its own intensity.

At the most I can see that strange things happen somewhere between unique features (i.e. electrical) of the home and the remote possibility that humans, under very unique circumstances, can produce telekinetic effects, or simply create the illusion of such effects i.e. the fire starting teenage poltergeist cases.

Oh yeah, I'm sure ALL ghosts are harmless until you are scared out of your wits by something one night when you are completely alone! I work night shifts...and haven't seen anything ...yet, although I'd LIKE to...just dont want it to make me jump a mile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Two skeptical journalists were just minutes into an interview with a Pennsylvania homeowner who claims her house is infested with ghostly and demonic forces when they found themselves so scared they almost abandoned the investigative report altogether.
Woman Claims Her Home is Haunted - Journalists Within Minutes Of Interview Agree - WZTV FOX 17

I have to admit - I'm impressed with this report. :eek:

But two questions - given that they want to sell the house: why are they letting it be known that there were 'several' violent deaths in the house, and, why were they allowing cameras in to publicize creepy events? This is going to make the house sellable?

I have to admit - I'm impressed with this report. :eek:

But two questions - given that they want to sell the house: why are they letting it be known that there were 'several' violent deaths in the house, and, why were they allowing cameras in to publicize creepy events? This is going to make the house sellable?
Bigelow will buy it :D

To clarify, the entities are real but not material; they can raise the energy level in the room or house and generate physical effects with it on walls and objects, they might be angry if they're earthbound, but I haven't heard of a case of a spirit killing a living human.
I have heard this story by Divaldo Franco, a famous Brazilian medium:
One spirit was really mad at him. The only way he could harm him physically was through another human being. And so he did. Divaldo was walking on a street and a passerby slapped him on the face. The person who slapped him was all apologetical after. He didn't know why he had done that. But Divaldo says he was influenced by the spirit.
In the case above I couldn't understand the scratches. Have you ? Did I miss something?

Back