• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Mack

spanmexguy

Paranormal Novice
Hi Gene, I know I have brought this discussion up in the past. But how about a show dedicated to the Ruwa, Africa case that Dr. John Mack investigated?? I am sure that we can find some good guests,maybe even in a roundtable format, that could provide for a great show..thoughts???

Yeah, on the surface that has always seemed like one of the better close encounter claims. Wasn't it over 60 kids claiming to have seen beings? Those kinds of numbers are unusual. But I don't know how well it's been looked into and I'm curious what all the witnesses say now that they are adults. Do they all still claim the same thing? Are there a few of them who now say it was all made up or exaggerated (And were some of them saying that even then?)?

The message that was delivered there was the standard apocalyptic one that seems to run through many such contact accounts. One thing that I find remarkable about this is that no practical solution is offered along with these messages. I don't know if any of those witnesses came away with some task to perform when this disaster strikes but many such contactees do.

Cynthia Hind, the principle investigator for that case has passed away.

Yeah, on the surface that has always seemed like one of the better close encounter claims. Wasn't it over 60 kids claiming to have seen beings? Those kinds of numbers are unusual. But I don't know how well it's been looked into and I'm curious what all the witnesses say now that they are adults. Do they all still claim the same thing? Are there a few of them who now say it was all made up or exaggerated (And were some of them saying that even then?)?

Those children are now young adults scattered around the globe. Nickerson is tracking them down and interviewing them about the experience. “Their stories have not changed at all,” he says. “Not what you would expect if they had made it all up.”

At the beginning of the project Nickerson set about contacting those people who had been among the 62 children who had witnessed the sighting. They are mainly students in Canada, the United States, New Zealand and Britain.
Tracking them down hasn’t been that difficult. “They are contacting us because of what we put up on the John E. Mack Institute website. What is interesting is that their stories remain the same as in 1994.
“They were affected profoundly,” says Nickerson. “At the time one girl was told by her parents not to talk about it, that she had imagined it all. But then she found other people’s stories on the Internet. She got in touch with them and realised ‘Oh my God, that was real’.
“Others I’ve met never doubted it. They say the experience opened up new horizons for them.”
Nickerson cites two students who are now studying in the U.S. “Their father said they would never have done that, but after their experience the children were totally changed, that’s what convinced him that something really happened.”

http://johnemackinstitute.org/2008/...school-ufo-sighting-documentary-film-project/

As a father of 2 little girls myself, this case is special to me because of the very blunt and truthful nature of children. I think this case has the potential of being THE smoking gun case if it was known more publicly and investigated more in depth since Dr. Mack passed away.

Back