• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Lear calls out Biedny and Ritzman

How do the hologram people account for the sound is what I wonder.

Why anyone even interviews Lear besides a shrink is a greater mystery than the greys are to me.

I don't get all the Lear hate.

Does he tell crazy tales? Yes.
Are those crazy tales entertaining? Yes and no.
Do I believe everything he says? No.

Is the guy possibly just guilty of believing too much of what people tell him?
Is it possible the govt just throws disinfo his way?

He's not asking you to spend $800 so he can take you out in the desert to give you a tour of the fence that leads to what he thinks is an underwater military base.

He's not asking you to throw $25 down on a book of DVD, that I know of.

And he's apparently easily approachable, given that he did/does answer replies online online (though i've never attempted to talk to him myself)

I'd save my venom for someone that truly deserves it.

MotorCity:

If someone you knew died on a plane that hits the north World Trade Center tower, how do you think you would feel about someone who claims that they weren't actual planes, but holograms? Would it piss you off? Perhaps offend you?

If you were trying to engage folks in a rational conversation about topics that had impacted your life, how would you feel about someone who constantly mocks and trivializes those topics?

If you view the topic of UFOs as pure entertainment, someone like Lear is a barrel of laughs, a barrel filled with little wet monkeys who fling crap at you and urinate in your soda. If, on the other hand, this is a serious matter, like it is for me, than the nonsense that Lear spews, and the fact that some many people seem to think he's worth listening to, is infuriating. I'd speak to the man about airplanes, that's his area of expertise. And liquor. Anything else, you'd be better off conversing with a talking horse.

dB

I don't think you need to have known someone who died in the 9/11 tragedy to understand that Lear is a nutcase. Just some of his stuff: All the 50's contactees had real experiences. All planets are earth-like and have civilizations like ours, including the Moon that has an atmosphere, 1/3 the gravity of earth, and running water and forests. Billy Meier is the real deal. Sleeper is also right on. The sun is not a furnace, but more like a light bulb. The Pacific Ocean extends underground to Nevada. There are vast underground tramways allowing round the world travel in a few minutes. There's a Soul Catcher on the Moon.

The guy is clearly either living in his own strange world, or doesn't believe what he says himself. He does have a good sense of humor. He's approchable even to the point of being needy. I've had several argumentative exchanges with him, and I think he clearly wants to appear superior to everyone else and have youngsters sit adoringly at his feet while he spins his tales. That anyone believes anything he says is unbelievable in itself.

He is, however, a fixture in the UFO field, the same way a lot of the other frauds are, but more so. I think he's an interesting case study especially with reference to his possible involvement in dis-information. Let's say, for example, that the military has a very advanced holographic capability, advanced to the point that they can 'create a reality' that isn't really there. They want to keep this secret, of course, but the nature of the beast is that the public will get wind of this the same way they got wind of the Stealth aircraft. So they feed Lear knowing he will go crazy with it. Lear buys into the holographic 9/11 story and drinks the kool aid.

Next people get emotional and angry about the whole issue and blow Lear off. This also blows the whole idea of advanced holography off. See above. So mission accomplished. You have been manipulated because of your hatred of Lear. I don't KNOW this is true; I'm just suspicious, made so by some information I came across from a completely different direction. The whole idea could be completely false, but I think it's worth considering.

I think you also ought to walk the talk here. If you claim this is serious business, that you are objective, that you are all about being pragmatic and 'getting to the truth' through your incisive and penetrating wit combined with your coldly rational mindset, then let's see that applied. If you claim to want to 'connect the dots' here, well, this is one of the dots. Getting angry, infuriated, and pissed off lashing out at Lear or other posters here is not exactly moving the state of the art forward. Reacting like that may make you feel good as you wallow in your self-righteousness, but it is as irrational an action as many of Lear's pronouncements.

I agree with David B. Especially the last paragraph.

I'll just add, Lear is entitled to his "theories" and opinions. And I'm entitled to criticize them. I don't see that as hate btw. I'm more angry at people who give Lear a forum without question than he himself.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Maybe I'm taking a webforum, The Paracast, and these issues too seriously?

It's hard to be serious when discussing Lear. Now, pull my finger.

OMG. maybe the key is to get drunk before you sit down to this. Then they won't take it so seriously. U R sooooooo funny. lmao

Schuyler, I agree with you. good post .

db,

If you're offended by John Lear and those who give him a platform to speak, how do you now feel about George Knapp?
You've had Knapp on as a guest. Knapp has had Lear on C2CAM twice now since taking on the Sunday duties and has made it known he'll frequently have Lear on to talk, in the same way Hoaglund comes on to talk to Noory.

Does Knapp now offend you too?

George Knapp interviews the guests that he's handed by the show's management, why would he offend me? When George says _he_ believes that heat rays brought down the towers, and that planes did not impact the towers, we'll have him on the show and I'll bite his head off. George is a smart guy, so this won't happen.

dB

David Biedny said:
George is a smart guy, so this won't happen.

The head biting part or the guest part? Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking but he might make an interesting guest (give him a place to vent, maybe?)

David Biedny said:
George Knapp interviews the guests that he's handed by the show's management, why would he offend me? When George says _he_ believes that heat rays brought down the towers, and that planes did not impact the towers, we'll have him on the show and I'll bite his head off. George is a smart guy, so this won't happen.

dB

I am curious why nobody has mentioned that John Lear used to fly for the CIA on secret missions. My hunch is that he could still have some CIA in him, so how can he accuse you and ABS of that

Being naive here,

and just seeing Project redstar.... has John Lear got a lot to do with that? Is it viable and has it been covered here in the Paracast forums ??

Back